Mikhail Gorbachev DEAD

Have Russia blamed Ukraine for this yet?

That’s an advert for OBB, the Austrian train company. Not LV. (Not sure of the connection…)
I bow down to someone with greater knowledge of his finest work.

I just followed the YouTube trail.

Weirdly, I was thinking about him half an hour ago. I also was listening to an audiobook where the protagonist was listening to a record and I knew before it was mentioned it was going to be Blondie.

Might buy a lottery ticket and see what happens.

tumblr_lz6jz2Ma071rpngako1_r1_500.jpg

Dancing in heaven now, RIP.

Weirdly, I was thinking about him half an hour ago. I also was listening to an audiobook where the protagonist was listening to a record and I knew before it was mentioned it was going to be Blondie.

Might buy a lottery ticket and see what happens.
I have often used Gorbachev as a good luck omen. I would have a wank over him before a job interview.

Last edited:
RIP Mikhail Gorbachev, I don't remember anything about you from A Level History, but I do remember the words Glasnost and Perestroika. Not everyone has that.

He was genuinely quite incredible. He had the vision to try to reform a completely sclerotic system, and the wisdom not to try to use force to stop it all unravelling. I think people unfairly suggest that he failed because he couldn't reform the Soviet Union, but he succeeded in the sense that he allowed a nuclear empire to fall away without descending into horrible conflict.

Obviously, the situation today is a result of what happened before and after him. But there was no reason for Russia and Ukraine to end up the way they have. They parted under Gorbachev on reasonably friendly terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom