Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky + Plastic Hearts (the new masterpiece record!)

Eddie only knowing 3 female duets, ever, is iconic.

Certainly more iconic than the gays hearing a rock vocal and equating it to P!nk by default. :manson:

There's nothing remotely P!nk about this album ffs.

Impromptu female duet rate and rank:

10 Prisoner
10 The Boy Is Mine
09 Really Don't Like U
08 Telephone

Eddie only knowing 3 female duets, ever, is iconic.

Certainly more iconic than the gays hearing a rock vocal and equating it to P!nk by default. :manson:

There's nothing remotely P!nk about this album ffs.

I'm not overly familiar with the works of Pink but it does, at times teeter on the sort of teen rock sound that can grate on me (thankfully it doesn't quite get there).

This is my first Miley album and I hope her next set loses the angst.

Come on @Jark

Are you really saying that if P!nk released Angels Like You, High or WTF Do I Know you'd be like 'Wow, this is totally out of the box for her!'

It's not a criticism at all, P!nk is great. But to say they have nothing remotely in common is absurd.

High is the only one that could feasibly be a P!nk track and even then as a country ballad she's hardly the first point of reference I'd jump to. It has a bit more of a Kesha vibe if anything.

WTF Do I Know is far more Fall Out Boy / My Chemical Romance than P!nk.

My only issue is that Midnight Sky hinted at a slightly more experimental direction for her but I'm not sure that the rest of the record lives up to that promise.

Rather like Say Something and Disco. I still like both albums rather a lot though (but clearly I'm biased towards Kylie).

And the fact that there are no tracks that I would skip is a WIN WIN for me.

This album could have been breathtaking if it had taken cues from tracks 4-7. As it is it's slightly disappointing. I was expecting it to challenge the big hitters this year.

Fabulous for Midnight Sky :disco:

The album enters at #4 with 15,318 copies sold. Not bad.

Plastic Hearts and Heart of Glass are dry humping my gunny on the daily. Just go full rock chanteuse already!

Miley x Tame Impala could ALSO WORK

Reactions: RJN
Plastic Hearts and Heart of Glass are dry humping my gunny on the daily. Just go full rock chanteuse already!

Miley x Tame Impala could ALSO WORK

She could pull a Rihanna and just steal one of his songs

The thing about Heart of Glass is you never had to worry if she would GET THROUGH IT. She's so comfortable vocally from the gate.

According to my weekly Spotify stats, rock was my second most listened to genre last week, which made me feel unwell until I realised it must be thanks to Miley.

Anyway, time for a RATE finally

08 WTF Do I Know
08 Plastic Hearts
09 Angels Like You
09 Prisoner
10 Gimme What I Want
07 Night Crawling
10 Midnight Sky
09 High
08 Hate Me
07 Bad Karma
10 Never Be Me
07 Golden G String

10 Edge Of Midnight
10 Heart Of Glass
09 Zombie

very much here for Lolly's MILDRED STANNING.

I'll do another rate after my mandated daily listen.

Her profile in the new Rolling Stone where she addresses her habit of discrediting previous eras/musical incarnations is lengthy but very much worth a read

Is that a good start for the album in america? How does it compare to the country one?

Is that a good start for the album in america? How does it compare to the country one?
Younger Now opened with 45k three years ago. That one had a big-ish hit single and this one didn't really in the US so I'd say a good start yes. next single choice will be crucial.

In love with High

she sounds so comfortable and in her lane with this album

To be 30% up in first week sales given how much the albums market is still in decline, and this far into your career, is a success in my opinion. The reinvention has worked. She’s not in the realm of diminishing returns yet which is an achievement for the pop industry

I know she has a tendency to jump ship after one album, but I really feel she should stick with a similar sound for the next record as this is the most authentic she’s sounded

Never Be Me is going to be make me weep

The delivery of the Never Be Me is phenomenal and needs a Grammy perf stat

I said this album would benefit from word of mouth - Spotify stats so far are really impressive

its streams dropped just 30% in week two and from day 1 to 7 of that week there was less than 10% dropped off. essentially meaning it's holding really well even without a huge streaming hit to sustain it.

Angels and Plastic Hearts in particular are doing really well.

Reactions: RJN
I stanned this album for five minutes but I don't really go back to anything except Midnight Sky and Plastic Hearts. And the covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom