Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky + Plastic Hearts (the new masterpiece record!)

the second she gives us a vinyl I'm snatching it up. I want to dance around my living room screaming to Plastic Hearts in old-school vinyl sound qualité.

I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on what a mammoth song Never Be Me is. I wonder if she's brave enough to make it a single.

I think we all need to take a moment to reflect on what a mammoth song Never Be Me is. I wonder if she's brave enough to make it a single.

I love it so much

In the OLD DAYS, it's the sort of single you'd release just to get it on the radio, knowing it could shift albums. Is that still a thing?

These days I feel like people are scared of releasing a power ballad or a midtempo, for fear it gets lost among the dance and R&B. It's weird to think that power ballads were a surefire way to make millions in the 80s, 90s and even much of the 00s

I do feel it’s something that would work during award season though

it needs a huge tv performance to take off

:disco::disco::disco:

She looks about as comfortable throwing a football as I did as a teenager pretending to be straight

She'd be a good guest for The Weeknd for the super bowl. They should do a song together

Miley serving LEWKS on LEWKS in her pre-Superbowl TikTok show

:disco:

clip of her perf with Joan Jett - looking for YouTube now

and some updated streamcounts

267m - Midnight Sky
170m - Prisoner
82m - Heart of Glass
54m - Angels Like You
41m - Plastic Hearts
27m - Edge of Midnight
20m - WTF Do I Know
18m - Night Crawling
18m - Gimme What I Want
16m - Zombie

the album has held up beautifully well for me and the rocky numbers seem to be resonating best - more new music this year pls Mildred (and an Angels video soon?)

and finally, new Jax Jones remix of Prisoner

she's left RCA and signed with Columbia. this is good news because RCA are a fucking joke, but it also means Plastic Hearts is likely done/no more singles or promo, which is terribly tragic.

Oh wow. I did wonder why it had all gone quiet.

Typical Miley, in six months she'll be claiming she hated everything about Plastic Hearts :D

Reactions: GNL
when will she release more than two singles off an album? jesus christ

Prisoner kinda flopped anyway, didn't it.

BOO! At least we might get a half decent album campaign next time...

when will she release more than two singles off an album? jesus christ

Prisoner kinda flopped anyway, didn't it.
Prisoner has actually done and is still doing great! It will probably Midnight Sky's streams this summer at some point. it just didn't smash in the UK :( BANGER THOUGH.

Fuck the streaming era and release a GH with re-imagined versions of Party in the USA and Can't be tamed. Slide Away and Mother's Daughter deserve to be part of a proper album.

Are we still calling the album a masterpiece? I've not listened in many a month
I actually listened in full THIS VERY WEEK for the first time in many a month and... yes. I stand by my declaration. :disco: it really is a terrific work.

I agree that it is. I saw her over the weekend and her performance made me want to get back into the album

The best part was when she sang See You Again though

I'd certainly call it at least VERY GOOD

I’d agree. Some great stuff on there, nothing came close to Midnight Sky but that’s hardly a fair benchmark, given it’s one of the GREATEST SONGS EVER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom