Miley Cyrus - SHE IS COMING [new EP]

second EP out soon (allegedly tomorrow) - the big push track is LA Money, written by ALMA, supposedly featuring Dua Lipa.

Apparently the three EP plans might be dead now and they're just going with one more single (LA Money) and full album in Q3.

There will also be the Ariana/Lana track in September.

She'd be silly not to capitalise on the momentum with an actual album.

Has this EP's thing EVER worked for a mainstream pop star. I can think of precisely ZERO times when it was the best approach.

with the first one it actually DID seem to work for her though

there was zero hype for her after the immense floppage of Younger Now but the EP really did get people intrigued again - its streaming numbers are solid, Mother's Daughter just didn't quite take off like it should have. But I'm not sure they expected it to either.

supposedly the songs that will get the big push are LA Money and Bad Karma (Shania-esque country-pop bop by Mark Ronson)

Mother's Daughter was such a grower. I'm much more interested in Miley than I have been in the past.

I loved "Mother's Daughter" from the outset, but after Googling to see who directed the clip and finding a triggered headline about the video being proof of the fall of western society by some c-list American right wing rag, I promptly upgraded it to my top three songs of the year.

Glasto and to a lesser extent MD & Black Mirror have primed her for a strong comeback. As someone who isn't actually a fan (I like 3 songs), I find myself hopeful she can pull it all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
So the new single is called Slide Away and is released Sunday (for some reason) - it's about drug/alcohol abuse and her recent split with Liam apparently (which has turned quite nasty with her side claiming he's been spiralling into drug abuse and his side claiming she was unfaithful :()

If she doesn't call the album "She Has Come", I'll be mighty disappointed in her.

OK so it's actually out with everything else tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT

Wow, this is something totally different for her.

Her vocal delivery and the production are giving me late 90s singer songwriter's final single from a diamond selling album. I love it on first play.

So the new single is called Slide Away and is released Sunday (for some reason) - it's about drug/alcohol abuse and her recent split with Liam apparently (which has turned quite nasty with her side claiming he's been spiralling into drug abuse and his side claiming she was unfaithful :()

Didn't take long for 'Ever evolving, changing as partners and individuals... lovingly taking this time apart' to head south then.

Anyway, the song is very good. I have also been getting into The Most from the last EP, on which she sounds very gorgeous.

This is immaculately produced. Falling for her hard now.

I suspect the chorus is too slight to take off at radio, but would love to be proven wrong.

I've been on the Miley bus since "Bangerz" (well, and the life-changing Cahill remix of Party Of The USA :disco:), and this is really working a treat for me.

It doesn't feel very much removed from "Malibu" to me, just at very much the opposite end of the relationship. Contemplative, considered and subdued in the same way, though this time resigned rather than hopeful.

first perf at the VMAs

god her vocals are so effortlessly good live

Ridiculously good. Also love the black and white choice.

It's back in the top ten of US iTunes. Please crossover.

Just bumping to say her stylist for this era is an absolute hero. Just constantly stunning.

I think the video would be better if she never made eye contact with the camera to accentuate the detached aura of it all. Also wouldn't mind if she tweaked this for the album version to include those VMA ad-libs at the end. The live version feels so much more complete.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom