Mince Pies - YES OR NO

?

• Total voters

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Who needs Sweet Sue when you can have CHRISTMAS TINNER?

vegan-plant-based-news-christmas-1.jpg

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I bet @Floppet has a couple of Christmas Tinners in her emergency cupboard, just in case of a festive apocalypse. Probably stashed behind the Iron Maiden Christmas album.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
God I hope I don't get a PANETTONE from someone this year

Ag

User
God I hope I don't get a PANETTONE from someone this year
BORING BORING BORING.

Nice packaging though.

I saw an enhanced one not so long ago. It looked pretty good. I forget the exact detail.

Ag

User
I dread to think what grey horrors she'd serve up at Xmas Dinner.

I refuse to use term Madame for her, because that's exclusively for BRM.

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
I imagine you boil the tin in a saucepan of water, then lid off and dig in.

The top is apparently scrambled egg and bacon, and the bottom Christmas pudding. Perhaps you eat it layer by layer.

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
One of the only things I miss about not being in the office is our mince pie taste test competitions :(

Mats

User
@Star can we use up some budget to send @RJN a mince pie?

me too :o I've never had one and was a bit surprised when NOTED VEGAN NANCE mentioned pigging out on MINCE PIES but then I looked it up and found it's a sultry little sweet concoction

I bet they are a real ordeal to make yourself :oi:

Last edited:

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners

Good god how does that even survive? :D Hard to imagine anyone is in desperate need for some Aunt Bessie's and DETTOL.

Most of those products make us look fucking FOUL as a nation. The sort of imagery that conjures up lumpy trolls with a couple of teeth left. Which is not to say I don't indulge in several of them.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
What in god's name is a POTATO SCONE? Is that a northern thing? In the frozen products no less!

cam-pot-scones_540x.jpg

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
I have no idea who Cameron is but I'm loving all his generic meat pies. What a legacy, to be British is to be MEAT AND STODGE AND PASTRY

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Omg it has a Christmas section. And nothing says Christmas quite like AFTER EIGHTS :zombie:

I'm going to be lost in this for hours now

Reactions: RJN

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
You could buy 4 shepherd's pies on there for about the same as some After Eights

20 dollars for a TUB OF ROPEY OLD ROSES :D

COB

I feel GREAT!
Potato scones are Scottish! I don't eat them any more but they're GREAT - there are also potato farls which are Irish versions of the same thing.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
@RJN can you buy most of this stuff off the shelf in there? We should give you a list of recommendations.

Angel Delight butterscotch flavour :horny:

Mushy peas of course

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Potato scones are Scottish! I don't eat them any more but they're GREAT - there are also potato farls which are Irish versions of the same thing.

Are they a bit like hash browns? But presumably more mashed potato like?

I must have had similar before but I might have to find some now (or just make them)

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
What in god's name is a POTATO SCONE? Is that a northern thing? In the frozen products no less!

cam-pot-scones_540x.jpg

It's a scone made with potato. The clue is in the name.

There are few things better than a tattie scone that's been in the toaster. Mmmm.

octophone

robo-bongo-cuckoo-cop
I'm a YES for a mince pie, especially if they have icing rather than a pastry lid. But I can only really eat 2 or3 across the whole festive season before I'm done for the year.

Iguana

So throw the beauty on the fire
I'm a YES for a mince pie, especially if they have icing rather than a pastry lid. But I can only really eat 2 or3 across the whole festive season before I'm done for the year.

Oh God, I eat that in a morning when it gets near Christmas (and then have some more for good measure)! :o

RJN

User
@RJN can you buy most of this stuff off the shelf in there? We should give you a list of recommendations.

Angel Delight butterscotch flavour :horny:

Mushy peas of course

I've never spent more than a few minutes inside, but it has a good amount of it in person. Next time I'm in the area, I'm getting mince pies and I would try anything else (except the expensive stuff)

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
It's a scone made with potato. The clue is in the name.

There are few things better than a tattie scone that's been in the toaster. Mmmm.

In fairness google images brings up pictures that look nothing like scones. But I get the gist. I'm going to hunt some down in Tesco if they have them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom