Mince Pies - YES OR NO

?

• Total voters
Who needs Sweet Sue when you can have CHRISTMAS TINNER?

vegan-plant-based-news-christmas-1.jpg

Speaking of low rent festive treats I do love a Greggs festive slice.

I bet @Floppet has a couple of Christmas Tinners in her emergency cupboard, just in case of a festive apocalypse. Probably stashed behind the Iron Maiden Christmas album.

God I hope I don't get a PANETTONE from someone this year

God I hope I don't get a PANETTONE from someone this year
BORING BORING BORING.

Nice packaging though.

I saw an enhanced one not so long ago. It looked pretty good. I forget the exact detail.

I dread to think what grey horrors she'd serve up at Xmas Dinner.

I refuse to use term Madame for her, because that's exclusively for BRM.

I imagine you boil the tin in a saucepan of water, then lid off and dig in.

The top is apparently scrambled egg and bacon, and the bottom Christmas pudding. Perhaps you eat it layer by layer.

Reactions: Zu
One of the only things I miss about not being in the office is our mince pie taste test competitions :(

@Star can we use up some budget to send @RJN a mince pie?

me too :o I've never had one and was a bit surprised when NOTED VEGAN NANCE mentioned pigging out on MINCE PIES but then I looked it up and found it's a sultry little sweet concoction

I bet they are a real ordeal to make yourself :oi:

Last edited:

Good god how does that even survive? :D Hard to imagine anyone is in desperate need for some Aunt Bessie's and DETTOL.

Most of those products make us look fucking FOUL as a nation. The sort of imagery that conjures up lumpy trolls with a couple of teeth left. Which is not to say I don't indulge in several of them.

What in god's name is a POTATO SCONE? Is that a northern thing? In the frozen products no less!

cam-pot-scones_540x.jpg

I have no idea who Cameron is but I'm loving all his generic meat pies. What a legacy, to be British is to be MEAT AND STODGE AND PASTRY

Omg it has a Christmas section. And nothing says Christmas quite like AFTER EIGHTS :zombie:

I'm going to be lost in this for hours now

Reactions: RJN
You could buy 4 shepherd's pies on there for about the same as some After Eights

20 dollars for a TUB OF ROPEY OLD ROSES :D

Potato scones are Scottish! I don't eat them any more but they're GREAT - there are also potato farls which are Irish versions of the same thing.

@RJN can you buy most of this stuff off the shelf in there? We should give you a list of recommendations.

Angel Delight butterscotch flavour :horny:

Mushy peas of course

Potato scones are Scottish! I don't eat them any more but they're GREAT - there are also potato farls which are Irish versions of the same thing.

Are they a bit like hash browns? But presumably more mashed potato like?

I must have had similar before but I might have to find some now (or just make them)

What in god's name is a POTATO SCONE? Is that a northern thing? In the frozen products no less!

cam-pot-scones_540x.jpg

It's a scone made with potato. The clue is in the name.

There are few things better than a tattie scone that's been in the toaster. Mmmm.

I'm a YES for a mince pie, especially if they have icing rather than a pastry lid. But I can only really eat 2 or3 across the whole festive season before I'm done for the year.

@RJN can you buy most of this stuff off the shelf in there? We should give you a list of recommendations.

Angel Delight butterscotch flavour :horny:

Mushy peas of course

I've never spent more than a few minutes inside, but it has a good amount of it in person. Next time I'm in the area, I'm getting mince pies and I would try anything else (except the expensive stuff)

It's a scone made with potato. The clue is in the name.

There are few things better than a tattie scone that's been in the toaster. Mmmm.

In fairness google images brings up pictures that look nothing like scones. But I get the gist. I'm going to hunt some down in Tesco if they have them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom