Mince Pies - YES OR NO

?

• Total voters
It's a scone made with potato. The clue is in the name.

There are few things better than a tattie scone that's been in the toaster. Mmmm.

You can toast them? I’ll need to try that!

I’ve only ever had them fried. How stereotypically Scottish. :o

I've never spent more than a few minutes inside, but it has a good amount of it in person. Next time I'm in the area, I'm getting mince pies and I would try anything else (except the expensive stuff)
Angel Delight is super cheap and is the best thing evs. I want some NOW.

I really wish Portuguese pasteis de nata were the Christmas tradition here instead. I might take some home this year (weird I still say home when I own my own house) and attempt a Christmas snacking coup.

20200123161347-reQkxvU6.jpg

I really wish Portuguese pasteis de nata were the Christmas tradition here instead. I might take some home this year (weird I still say home when I own my own house) and attempt a Christmas snacking coup.

20200123161347-reQkxvU6.jpg

OOO I LOVE THEM. Not as much as mince pies though :)

In fairness google images brings up pictures that look nothing like scones. But I get the gist. I'm going to hunt some down in Tesco if they have them

They are flattened, so it's a wee bit misleading, I guess. The irish potato farl is more scone-like.

I’ve just had some lovely lebkuchen. That’s a proper a festive treat.

None of those rancid mince meat concoctions for me thanks.

Also STOLLEN gets a :disco:

Would still rather have “a” luxury mince pie though. Or BOTH

Speaking of mince pies, SOMEONE appears to have eaten all mine and I’m not one to point the finger but @Kate

I thought I heard RUSTLING in the night :(

Mince pies (and Christmas pudding) are something I didn't really like or appreciate when I was little but I've come to rather enjoy over the years. Having my first mince pie signals the start of Christmas for me. Mostly eat them cold but might have one or two warm with cream each year as a treat.

Tried the icing-topped ones a year or two ago and they didn't really work for me.

The icing-topped ones are a little bit too MR KIPLING for my liking, not that I say no to a tasty Bakewell Tart

#ideasabovehisstation
#fundamentallycommonasmuck

Can I take this opportunity to say how much I DON’T like French Fancies :)

NASTY FILTH AND FRENCH MY VICIOUS CUNT

I have a rather POSH cousin, but he likes French Fancies and Battenberg cake so much he had them made as his wedding cake.

Most Mr Kipling cakes are dreadful. And far too small - you’re lucky to get more than two bites before it’s all gone.

Reactions: Zu
ALL YEAR ROUND PLEASE

I'm kind of sad that I won't be having my usual sit in Thorntons cafe this year with a heated mince pie and mint hot choc in between the stress of shopping.

Only if they’re HOT and only with ice cream or that thick Bailey’s cream.

I thought it was ok? I liked the crust and the flavor of the filling. But the fruit in it has skin? Which kind of grossed me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom