Miss Diana Ross coming to Glastonbury (+ UK Arena Tour)

She’s probably last on my bucket list of living active performers to see live, so I hope she does a UK tour too.I went a bit crazy this year when seeing Lionel Richie and he teased about her being there to duet for Endless Love. The cunt.

She was rather shrill and croaky at the American Music Awards where, much to my deee-lite, dusted off Take Me Higher, but no one quite acts the star like she can.

I really wanted tickets this year because Glastonbury is going to be AMAZING.

I've seen her live a couple of times and she's brilliant. She's never had the most amazingly strong voice, but she can still manage WELL ENOUGH.

YES! But texting around my friends, NONE of them want to go. Idiots.

I’d normally resort to asking my mum but I know Diana Ross is the one artist she can’t stand for some bizarre irrational reason. I always remember when I was young there was some silly radio phone-in poll to ask who was better, Diana vs ABBA, and she furiously phoned in several times for ABBA even though she’s not even a fan of them either.

I got my tickets this morning in the presale.

Prices seemed to be from £73-£170. I got floor seats for £113.

Only got offered shit at the back this morning. I’d be willing to pay that price for my ticket but unfortunately no one I know would be willing to fork out that for theirs and things are a bit tight this month :(

I forgot entirely about them going on sale. Might try in the free for all tomorrow...

Rescheduled for June-July 2021. Sucked it up as they had a pair in the middle of the A block. I’ve saved so much money during lockdown I can now justify it.

Wonder if she would still do Glastonbury if it goes ahead next year.

Yes, my show has been rescheduled to 15 June. I take it she is still doing Glastonbury?

It's interesting with Glastonbury. When Kylie had to drop out, they didn't invite her back for a decade. But this time I assume they'll try their hardest to replicate last year's lineup as closely as possible.

Will Glastonbury take place next year or will the next one be 2022 as scheduled?

Or is it now every year? :confused:
I thought Glasto's off-years were every 5 years, with the most recent one being 2018. So the next one would've been 2023 anyway but don't know if that'll change due to this year's being cancelled. Don't think anything's been announced.

(Says he who has no interest in Glastonbury whatsoever...)

Has anyone got any experience of getting accessible tickets? I really want to take my Mum to this but every show I've ever looked at never has ANYTHING available.

You generally have to call for accessible tickets I think.

I think that used to be the case, but there seems to be a place to do it online supposedly...but just always says "None available".

And calling? Love how they make it HARDER for accessible tickets- surely that defeats the whole point :D

Finally saw her in Leeds tonight. Truly an ICON :disco: I mean, just imagine having THAT back catalogue. She must be so proud.

I was a little concerned considering she was very clearly lip syncing large portions of the Jubilee performance the other weekend, but she seemed to be fully live and in (mostly) fine voice tonight. Honestly though, the sheer JOY and PRESENCE more than covered for any vocal blips anyway.

A few surprising omissions -

no Endless Love, When You Tell Me That You Love Me, Touch Me In The Morning, Reach Out & Touch or My Old Piano. But even without those it was just HIT after HIT after HIT. She did do If The World Just Danced and Thank You, but they fit in really well among the classics and she seemed genuinely thrilled that the crowd recognised and responded to them, bless her.

There was also an audience request section. We got 'It's My Turn' though I believe in Manchester they got 'The Boss'

If We Hold On Together was a surprise highlight for me. Never a huge favourite of mine but it worked beautifully in context and was probably her strongest vocal of the night.She got quite emotional at the end too.

We didn't get that I don't think, but she did do Ease on Down The Road so maybe she's mixing it up with her WIZ HITS.

Oh thank the lord it’s actually good

I watched the jubilee and was very concerned :D

I know she has a ton of songs but very peculiar to skip some of them in favour of lesser known hits/covers

Apparently she actually did sing live at the Jubilee thing but her mic didn't come through the TV feed which played out the "guide vocal" instead.

Not making excuses for her mind - people who were actually there and could hear her actual vocals said she was absolutely atrocious so nice to hear she got it together for this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom