Modern art - SHIT OR NOT SHIT

As a CONCEPT

• Total voters

Ag

#fuckingcorners
Debbie looking DEEPLY UNIMPRESSED.

What a curious event, that I'm glad I now know about.

Mats

User
The Courtald is my favourite underrated gallery!

I get to go to fancy soirees in these sort of galleries and museums through Mr M's job :disco:

we went to one in Paris a few years ago that reeked OLD MONEY and CHAMPAGNE AD LIBITUM

win_the_game

Infidel Dickpig
And then, on the other hand, there's a stack of printed paper with some circles on, which is just lazy and meaningless.
T13309_9.jpg

Don’t be hating on Untitled (Double Portait) you heathen.

Mats

User
Part of the renovation meant that each floor or era having a certain wall colour. It kind of made it look a bit messy I found.

that's the old way to hang pictures though! white walls in museums is a modern thing. it all comes down to choosing the right colours of course

Martha Skidd

BRING BACK WINNETS
T13309_9.jpg

I did wonder why that NICE YOUNG MAN asked me to sit on his “STACK” whilst he busied himself with a SHARPIE.

I didn’t mind as he’d paid for the full 45 minutes but I do recall having to restart several times as the originals were quite SMEARED.

wurst

CLINK ME!
Whilst I absolutely love modern art, visiting galleries and even BUYING some art...I also appreciate a lot of people who are able to BE artists these days are frequently from highly privileged backgrounds with AMAZING CONTACTS. It's really not even a slightly level playing field.

This Netflix documentary is also a whirlwind ride SCREAM -

as is on a VERY similar note, Who The F*ck Is Jackson Pollock - a documentary about an iconic truck driver Teri Horton who is trying to sell what may or may not be a Pollock original for no less than many millions of dollars, and even the art world can't agree if it's real or not :D

It may not seem like I love modern art from the above post, but I REALLY REALLY DO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom