Moldova 2021 - Natalia Gordienko - Sugar

I ask everyone I meet their views on the Russian occupation of Crimea. You can never be too sure with tradesmen.
While it was underwritten by a military occupation and a referendum stupidly conducted in a way that made it easy to dismiss the result as being totally invalid, Crimea is probably not Ukraine, at least going by the principle of self-determination. Just as (most of) Nagorno-Karabakh was not Azerbaijan.

Personally I enjoyed her catchy ‘1994’ dance track and subtle nod to ageing trance fan favourite ‘1999’ by Binary Finary but she should have been sent to the Gulag for that abominable “Crimea... Is Ukraine?” business
Speaking of ageing trance fans, does your return to Mopsy mean you'll be around for my Proper Trampy Trance Night on the 19th? I can't promise you actual classics, but if you're in the market for a sticky dancefloor, unusually aggressive bouncers and optionally fingering a lass who spells her name 'Bekki', you're on to a winner.

While it was underwritten by a military occupation and a referendum stupidly conducted in a way that made it easy to dismiss the result as being totally invalid, Crimea is probably not Ukraine, at least going by the principle of self-determination. Just as (most of) Nagorno-Karabakh was not Azerbaijan.

That’s fine but the boiler’s up there off the landing luv

I'd be the first to complain about a song not having a chorus but I love this! It has hooks at least, even if it's not using a traditional formula. It's actually doing MARUV better than MARUV for me.

I actually love it now, especially the build-up to the drop (chorus?)

I'm pleased to see more people come round to this on day two. Its many artistic nuances may well be hidden under a complex and layered soundscape, but they are nonetheless there to be enjoyed by those intuitive enough to seek them out.

I've just TWIGGED this is the return of our glorious leader Zu? OMG so happy you're still alive! x

BLESS YOU MY DARLING

Yes, I don’t really know what I’m doing and it was only going to be a one post cameo (again) but my IRL so-called Euroloon hasn’t even OPENED my exciting texts about Maite Kelly from last week and HASN’T texted me screaming OMG MODLOVA MAUV COPY! so what’s a man to do?

Oh hi Zu :disco:

I thought Mount Samoylova had found us :eyes:

The song clearly does have a chorus (“come over” etc) but they’ve made the quite bizarre choice of introducing the drop BEFORE it happens so it all sounds a bit weird and disjointed. Clearly they had an extra 20 seconds to play with or something.

The song clearly does have a chorus (“come over” etc) but they’ve made the quite bizarre choice of introducing the drop BEFORE it happens so it all sounds a bit weird and disjointed. Clearly they had an extra 20 seconds to play with or something.
I was listening to this again today, and it feels like the song has a pre-chorus and a post-chorus, but no chorus slotted in between. (and indeed, a rogue post-chorus before a pre-chorus)

I have OR HAD the good fortune to have never encountered that before this evening

At least NATS will be no stranger to a glitzy international stage :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom