Moldova 2022: Zdob şi Zdub & Fraţii Advahov - Trenuleţul

VoR

Take it or leave it
God bless Moldova being as chaotic as ever. They published the long-list for their national selection last night and it included THIS. :D It's since been removed.

There's also the annual creepy AF Sasha Bognibov joint.

and Zdob și Zdub, who will probably win again.

They’re now selecting the entry TOMORROW :D

I’m not a fan at all but it’s Moldova so I trust them to have some FUN STAGING.

Yeah, I don’t like this. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit to see do it very well though.

Devo'd for Misscatylove and it's a bit Fun4str8s but I do like the song, and you just know as it's Moldova they'll bring some ridiculous staging to it, which I'm always here for tell the truth.

Any other acts who have represented their country three times? There can't be many!

Devo'd for Misscatylove and it's a bit Fun4str8s but I do like the song, and you just know as it's Moldova they'll bring some ridiculous staging to it, which I'm always here for tell the truth.

Any other acts who have represented their country three times? There can't be many!
Poor sad old Val has done it FOUR times if I’m not mistaken!

Elisabeth Andreassen x 4 (Once for Sweden in 1982, thrice for Norway in 1985, 1994 and 1996)

Three timers:

Anita Skorgan
Anna Vissi
Anne-Karine Strøm
Carola Häggkvist
Chiara Siracusa
Corry Brokken
Domenico Modugno
Eiríkur Hauksson
Evridiki Theokleous
Gary Lux
Hanne Krogh
Hot Eyes
Ireen Sheer
Jahn Teigen
Kaliopi
Katja Ebstein
Kirsti Sparboe
Marie Bergman
Romuald Figuier
Sandra Reemer
Stella Maessen
Stoyan Yankoulov*
Tommy Seebach
Udo Jürgens
Wind
Zdob si zdub*

The list gets a little shorter when you account for three-timers who represented the same country in three different decades...

Worth noting that it appears to have been a big local hit even before they selected it, 1.8 million Youtube views already.

Romania are in the other semi though and I can't see it going big with the juries, so they'll really be reliant on the diaspora showing out.

I presume there'll be a pretty big stage show. Although I just remembered that So Lucky only barely qualified...

This is my favourite of all the entries chosen thus far - with the sizzling hot sounds from Latvia a close second WHICH GOES WITHOUT SAYING - but then I’m anyone’s for an accordion and this sort of Balkan rubbish :disco:

This is my favourite of all the entries chosen thus far - with the sizzling hot sounds from Latvia a close second WHICH GOES WITHOUT SAYING - but then I’m anyone’s for an accordion and this sort of Balkan rubbish :disco:
What did you think of AY MAMA love?

I made a vow to not take much notice of the national finals this year which I’m sort of keeping to, so NONE THAT I’M AWARE OF :)

Obviously the discovery that JAMMY was on the Ukrainian jury was enough to whip me into a violent temper tantrum and let rip on here, however :disco:

I made a vow to not take much notice of the national finals this year which I’m sort of keeping to, so NONE THAT I’M AWARE OF :)
Too emotionally scarred by the Russian and Moldovan DELUXE EXPERIENCE last year, or just too many spaniels to walk these days? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom