MoM network shows discussion

Do you listen to MoM?

• The Chop (with Manila & Latrice)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very That (with Raja & Delta)

• Wanna be on top? (with Shea Couleé)

• Sloppy Seconds (with Meatball and Big Dipper)

• Total voters

Diddy

Rice Queen
I’ve been forced to listen to them all at some point because the Race Chaser feed loves to do that (except Sloppy Seconds maybe)

it makes me appreciate that Alaska and Willam (and Dipper) are decent hosts, the other ones just seem rambly and uninteresting. Especially I don’t see why Shea’s one is going to have 2 episodes a week with the same guest (or how he can carry it as a host)

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
Race Chaser drag race episodes only.

I tried the top model one and didn’t think Shae was that good of a host, I’m sure she will get better but with 2 episodes a week it’s a pass. Sloppy Seconds seems fun but not very essential. The other two were quite bad.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Yeah I don’t know if Nicole Byer was a good choice as a guest, is there a podcast she hasn’t been on yet? She just talked while Shea was a bit passive.

Raja & Delta talking about what the kids these days don’t get, hard pass! Delta has a lot of problems with a lot of things, and Raja wants to be an easygoing high goddess but she also has a lot of things she doesn’t like.

I’m just rewatching Season 3 of Drag Race and I’m not liking Raja as much as I thought, and Delta is most busted than I remembered!

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
Only Race Chaser drag race here. Most of the time I enjoy it a lot, especially race chaser CLASSIQUE. Big Dipper is a joy, I love his bearish voice and cackle and wish they’d interact more with him.

I’ve mentioned it several times before but I’ve tried to like The Chop but just couldn’t. Latrice and Manilla are surprisingly stupid and boring, they need a third host to improve the dialogue. It sucks that Alaska and Willam didn’t get to cover UKS2.

Didn’t know Shea had a podcast. What is it about?

As for the rest; no thanks. I prefer drag queens commenting drag race, outside that context very few of them are interesting, especially not when it comes to politics.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Only Race Chaser drag race here. Most of the time I enjoy it a lot, especially race chaser CLASSIQUE. Big Dipper is a joy, I love his bearish voice and cackle and wish they’d interact more with him.

I’ve mentioned it several times before but I’ve tried to like The Chop but just couldn’t. Latrice and Manilla are surprisingly stupid and boring, they need a third host to improve the dialogue. It sucks that Alaska and Willam didn’t get to cover UKS2.

Didn’t know Shea had a podcast. What is it about?

As for the rest; no thanks. I prefer drag queens commenting drag race, outside that context very few of them are interesting, especially not when it comes to politics.

shea’s is about ANTM, but it’s not a recap show, just a free-form blah-de-blah “Ki-ki” about the show and anything else that pops into their heads

Diddy

Rice Queen
I was thinking recently that I’m coming back around to Hot Goss, they seem to have found a decent balance and a bit more aware of the limits of their political segment.

Willam has this awful habit when they’re doing a serious interview to suddenly heel-turn into a fun question. Just the way he does it feels like he doesn’t acknowledge any of the serious stuff and he’s just bored

Diddy

Rice Queen
Oh they've launched another one! Hi Jinkx with Jinkx Monsoon.
Now this I AM interested in, Jinkx really is one of my all-time favourites, possibly more than Alaska, I enjoyed the first episode

Barnacle

Climb on through my window.
Just race chaser, and even that has fallen off for me. They just recap the episodes now, and when you've listened to Bob disecting each part it's a little bland.

I'll catch up when they start Classique S6.

Last edited:

Barnacle

Oh they've launched another one! Hi Jinkx with Jinkx Monsoon.
Now this I AM interested in, Jinkx really is one of my all-time favourites, possibly more than Alaska, I enjoyed the first episode
Oooh. And the first guest is Joel Kim Booster who was great in that drag podcast with Nicole Byer before they both left and Mano took over and it fell apart.

Barnacle

Just to confirm that Hi Jinkx is GREAT and she's probably the best RPDR podcast host I've heard (based on one episode).

ZenGiraffe

Ramona's Friend #31
Oooh. And the first guest is Joel Kim Booster who was great in that drag podcast with Nicole Byer before they both left and Mano took over and it fell apart.

Did Nicole properly leave? I know she did that dodgy episode with Eliott but didn't see any announcements afterwards

Barnacle

Did Nicole properly leave? I know she did that dodgy episode with Eliott but didn't see any announcements afterwards
Oh I meant early on. It was What the Tuck with Joel and Nicole (although they were always having guests because both were too busy), and it was brilliant, but the episodes have all been removed. Then Mano and one of the Las Culturistas guys took over, and it went downhill a bit I think, and then it was just Mano and became Drag Her.

I think Nicole eventually came back but I'd given up by then.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Oh this poll didn’t age well, I didn’t think they would launch (at least) THREE podcasts in the space of a month.

So now it’s “Famous this week” with Priyanka and Brooke Lynn Hytes, filling that gap in the market for podcasts full of hot takes about pop culture

:Lundvik:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom