Monday DEAD buried in snow

I can confirm that Lynton and Lynmouth are also dead in January. I have no idea how debonians cope in the winter. You can't even get a coffee.

I can confirm that Lynton and Lynmouth are also dead in January. I have no idea how debonians cope in the winter. You can't even get a coffee.
Is the funicular open yet?

No :( the only place open is tourist information.
There's no point visiting Lynton and Lynmouth without the funicular :o

We're planning on doing the longer route across Exmoor (and the Valley of Rocks :disco: ) on either the way down or back, and was thinking we could also drop in there.

I'm feeling surprisingly RARING TO GO for a Monday!

Unfortunately nothing much is happening around here :(

There's no point visiting Lynton and Lynmouth without the funicular :o

We're planning on doing the longer route across Exmoor (and the Valley of Rocks :disco: ) on either the way down or back, and was thinking we could also drop in there.
We managed to get a coffee in the tourist information but that was the only place open. We stopped at valley of the rocks but it was so misty we didn't walk.

We managed to get a coffee in the tourist information but that was the only place open. We stopped at valley of the rocks but it was so misty we didn't walk.
Slightly worried about what we'll find down there in a month now. I've googled a few cafes and restaurants and they all SAY they are open...

Slightly worried about what we'll find down there in a month now. I've googled a few cafes and restaurants and they all SAY they are open...
Yeah all the ones we looked at said open online. None are tho. But most do say open again in February so you may be ok. I keep forgetting it is only January.

My friends daughter passed away yesterday after an almighty fight with cancer. She was 14. As much as Lily loved life, and has been living her best life for the past few years since her diagnosis she has been terribly poorly over the past month or so and she died at home in her Mum, my dear friends arms. I have mentioned Lily a few times on here so thought I would update you all on the situation. Utterly heartbreaking. :(

14, good grief. How on earth do you square that? Terrible. So sorry, Rita.

My friends daughter passed away yesterday after an almighty fight with cancer. She was 14. As much as Lily loved life, and has been living her best life for the past few years since her diagnosis she has been terribly poorly over the past month or so and she died at home in her Mum, my dear friends arms. I have mentioned Lily a few times on here so thought I would update you all on the situation. Utterly heartbreaking. :(

How AWFUL :(

We have a friend with a 2 y/o with liver cancer right now and it's unbelievable what they go through.

AWFUL! Absolute DISGRACE they're even sold- they literally taste of DUST.

But the rosemary and red onion ones are nice.

Yeah there was a serious absence of moisture in them. No wonder they've been in the back of the freezer for ages.

So sorry to hear that, how awful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom