Montenegro 2022: Vladana - Breathe

Tisch

Spare potatoes
Who's this then? Some seem to think it's Knez.

images

Balkan detectives have worked out that it seems to be Vladana Vučinić who was in the Montenegrin bit of the Serbo-Montenegrin final in 05 and 06 (and hasn’t done a lot since)

It's Vladana. Song written by Darko Dimitrov, who also had a hand in Proud, To The Sky and Loco Loco

The songs out a week on Friday.

Back in January, Vladana described her entry as a “cure” for the problems faced by Europe and the larger world. “I will sing in English so that the message can be heard beyond the Balkans,” she told broadcaster RTCG, adding that the ballad is “a powerful hymn”.

“I think the message should be heard beyond the Balkans, so we decided on the English language”

The entry is said to have a “cinematic piano moment” and to “grow to the end” — something they’ll no doubt be thinking of when it comes to staging. For now, Vladana says she imagines that she’ll perform alone and possibly with a piano, and hopes the performance will lean toward the avant-garde. “I haven’t thought about it yet,” she says, “but it has to be special, because it’s very important to me.”

So it’s going to be another ballad but I’m quietly optimistic about it!

Took me a couple of listens, but pretty decent! I can see that returning Montenegro to the finals.

I love it. Montenegro's best result please. Which isn't too hard to beat.

Which finished better - Adio or Moj svijet? Absolutely NO to this beating Adio in any case

Adio came 13th, Moj Svijet 19th.

Though due to how insanely top heavy the 2015 scoreboard was, there was only 7 points in it (37-44) - and Moj Svijet competed in a non-Serbia year.

This is wonderful, easily their best since Adio and I suspect, in such an average year, may yield a better result. Welcome back, Montenegro.

EDIT: Adio came 13th which is higher than I remember.

This is going to absolutely soak up Balkan votes after tonight's shenanigans. :D

I love it now. Such MELODRAMA!

The AIR is what I NEED
The AIR is what I BREATHE
They'll DIE without IT
It's UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!!

I officially call this fucking great

• Love
Reactions: VoR
NAR: Breathe! BREATHE! FIGHT FOR YOUR LIIIIIFE!
YOU BETTER BREATHE!

[melodramatic GASP for AIR]

Honestly, it's UNFORGIVEABLE :disco:

Speaking to RTCG, Vladana has confirmed that her performance at Eurovision is not as was originally planned by the Montenegrin delegation.

According to Vladana, organisers in Turin have not provided everything that Montenegro asked for for the performance of Breathe. Despite a detailed plan being provided to Eurovision organisers of the staging which would tell the story of the song, Vladana says that “not even five percent” of what was requested was delivered.

Poor Vladana.
:(
It’s possible she’s covering her arse in anticipation of an inevitable flop, but I can well believe it’s true. Her performance is a complete and utter non-event.

Isn't the job of the delegation to keep in top of these things though and check in on progress? There's no point turning up, shrugging and going, 'well that's not we ordered'. Notwithstanding the valid criticism of malfunctioning stage, some of the broader bellyaching this year is quite tedious.

There was some talk of animation that they wanted. Either the technology isn’t permitted or they wanted the LEDs on the sun. And if that’s the case, everyone is in the same boat.

That explains them trailing a ground-breaking presentation that has never been seen before, and ending up with an LED dress.

Yet more reasons why everyone associated with organising this year should be shot and Italy never permitted to participate again :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom