Moon Knight

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

Maybe this one will be good and feel like a full story? Probably not but it’s Oscar Isaac and the Moon Knight costume looks dope.

March 30.

Looks interesting! I haven't read the comic but I believe it's famously very WEIRD even by comics standards.

One of the stars of this has died

I love how I recognise all these new MCU characters from the Lego games...

Is this part of Phase 4? Has Moon Knight been referenced in any of the films yet or likely to? I assume likely to if it is indeed part of Phase 4?

an Avengers movie in Phase 4 is going to be so packed I don't think I'll physically HANDLE IT.

Just watched the first episode, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Oscar Isaac is just very watchable, isn't he? I really don't know these characters at all, so I'm enjoying not knowing where anything might be going - it also feels quite unconnected to any of the wider Marvel universe in a way that felt refreshing (obviously that could change in future episodes).

Oh that’s interesting, I was thinking I might need some help connecting the dots but if starts off as isolated from the MCU but inevitably gets involved somehow, that’s a very cool way of doing it. I’ve been used to movie introductions and then TV spin offs, but this could be good.

Plus, Oscar Isaac. I mean. Definitely in my laminated Top 5.

The release of the last episode coincides with the release of Dr Strange 2, so I'd be amazed if it doesn't hook into that in a big way.

I was thinking earlier about how the aspect of this where he loses time must be an absolute GIFT for a writer. Scene going on a bit too long and losing steam? Just SMASH CUT to later that day and nobody knows what's going on :disco:

Reactions: dUb
I’m enjoying this. I like daffy British Oscar who seems to be having the time of his life hamming it up.

I was REALLY losing the will to stick with this until what happened happened in the latest episode. Definitely more into it now.

I thought the last episode was good fun (I liked Layla getting her own little Lara Croft adventure and the zombies were creepier than I was expecting) but yes, what the heck is happening now :o

Reactions: dUb
It’s so weird how they can’t even plot a tight six episode story, I’m enjoying the lite Egyptian flavor but the story is barely hanging together and being carried by the actors.

I think these shows would benefit from being dumped all at once. They just don’t hold up to the weekly model.

I agree with Phoenix! but then again, I've never found Moon Knight that interesting enough for it to warrant a whole series, limited or not! Perhaps a two hour movie on Disney+ to introduce him and that's it. I'm living for all the Egyptian vibe though, they should show a bit of Alex as well :disco:

Well finally I’m almost caught up, so I started this with my ironing.

Was the British dialogue writing and voice coaching done by Dick van Dyke? Peee-yewww!

Is Oscar actually good in anything? I’ve only seen him in Star Wars, X-Men Apocalypse and this …. Or is he just conventionally attractive?

Yeah I know I’m just shitting on it now but I don’t get the plot and I need something to do

Oscar’s British accent is bad, but when he’s the American character, that sounds weird too :D what IS his actual accent?

And Ethan Hawke talks like the Honey Monster

Ok well he’s in his pants now. Fine, I’ll watch the rest of this series. I hate being gay

I honestly thought the English accent was FINE, particularly since
Steven is apparently some sort of created personality so any inconsistencies can be attributed to that.
I did feel that some of the other characters played by actual Brits had clearly been directed to play it up in a way that didn't feel authentic (but presumably plays better for a US audience), particularly the gift shop manager lady.

I honestly thought the English accent was FINE, particularly since
Steven is apparently some sort of created personality so any inconsistencies can be attributed to that.
I did feel that some of the other characters played by actual Brits had clearly been directed to play it up in a way that didn't feel authentic (but presumably plays better for a US audience), particularly the gift shop manager lady.

Yeah, it was like Pokémon Sword & Shield all over again

“Cor blimey you dipstick, let’s go down the apples and pears and get a cuppa”

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Enjoyed this week's episode, though I'm surprised we didn't get anything about
the third personality that's clearly rattling around in there as well - maybe he'll appear next episode since Steven seems to be gone for now :(

Yeah I think this was the best episode. Oscar is just so good.

So this ended. I thought it was the best so far but maybe I’m biased because I did enjoy the Egyptian vibe.

it’s still badly plotted in my opinion. The other god just simply fall in one quick swoop. Also there was a heavy hint that Osiris was in cahoots with Harrow. Oh and how dumb are they that they didn’t realize what he was doing.

Layla in the suit looked pretty cool and I think she might appear a bit more in other shows since she’s not Oscar Isaac.

Disney+ MCU series rate so far

1. WandaVision
2. Moon Knight
3. Hawkeye (for the co-stars :disco: )
4. What If...?
5. Falcon & The Winer Soldier (nice enough but not essential).
6. Lokizzzzz (Although the most essential of the bunch but MY GOD it drags. He's such a good character and hated how much they wasted his potential; plus the incest storyline was not a good look.)

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Ms. Marvel is coming on June 8th. Not excited enough :(

I know there was a semi explanation for the shit beyond shit British accent (mind you his American seems weirdly put-on too).

That last climactic fight being edited was such a dud for me

I enjoyed the gods having a massive kaiju battle, but I was confused about whether or not normal people could SEE them (as in previous episodes I think it was just the avatars who could). Maybe most people just saw buildings being damaged and clouds of dust :D

Moon Knight was a very good series and I can't wait to have him in an MCU Phase 4 MCU Avengers movie you nutjobs.

Can you recommend a movie where I can see Oscar being a good actor?

Because I’m suspicious that people are thinking “he’s hot” + “he can cry hard” = he’s A Good Actor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom