MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

Are there any other songs that come to mind that acknowledge their own FORM in that meta kind of way?

Side note: they really fucked that bit up in the musical in MY OPINION. It goes "here can you handle this" and then it shows images of Me Too protests or something. I can't really REMEMBER but it was crap.

It sounds about as woke as I imagine it to be

All I Really Want seemed somehow weaker than I remember it

The one that launched it all YOU OUGHTA KNOW.

Fun fact, in about 2002 my mum found the lyrics, printed them off and posted them in a card to her friend who'd just been cheated on. She thought the words were very "apt"

Sorry I'm a little late to the party

Just listening now, side note are we listening to the anniversary edition?

dave-coulier-full-house-getty_1280.0.0.jpg

I was 8 when I excitedly told my dad that this song has the lyric "Are you thinking of me when you fuck her?"
I was twelve when I bought the album and I'd only heard the censored radio versions, so it was a real shock when I heard that line.

Broadway Musical Insight: You Oughta Know is sung by an aggrieved lesbian character and I didn't care for her at all but it 'stops the show' (ie they stand there and wait for people to stand up)

I was twelve when I bought the album and I'd only heard the censored radio versions, so it was a real shock when I heard that line.

Same as me (but many years previously and a few years younger) when I heard the 'pain in the ass' version of Heart Of Glass.

07 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know (I'm skipping half of this, so I can catch up, I'll go back at the end though :disco: )

The first time I heard Perfect, I think I fell in love.

08 All I Really Want
10 You Oughta Know
06 Perfect

I'm not listening to this but i will just post about the musical if that's ok. A post is a post!

Perfect is sung by the brother of the main family who has a lot of expectations on him as a sporty CIS MALE. he's quite handsome but very dull and lots of people wanted the number to be cut

06 All I Really Want
09 You Oughta Know
08 Perfect

Perfect is quite a sad song really. I love her more delicate vocal moments.

I'm not listening to this but i will just post about the musical if that's ok. A post is a post!

Perfect is sung by the brother of the main family who has a lot of expectations on him. he's quite handsome but very dull and lots of people wanted the number to be cut
I know very little about the musical so any insight is good to know! I probably will see it if it gets to London (and the world hasn't ended)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom