MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - RÖYKSOPP - MELODY A.M. - 8pm Sunday 21/06 (TONIGHT)

Here for this.

The opening of 'So Easy' was so overplayed. I recall it being used on nearly every mobile phone advert in the early noughties.

I think the whole album was very much an advertiser's favourite. I'm expecting to recognise just about everything even if I wouldn't have known what it was.

I do love the sample on 'So Easy'. It's so atmospheric.

I think the whole album was very much an advertiser's favourite.

Yeah it was pretty much the follow up to Moby's 'Play' in that respect. Probably why Melody A.M. sold so well in the UK despite only peaking at no. 9.

I feel a sudden overwhelming urge to buy some Apple products.

Do you want to start again? If not, I'm just coming up to the end of 'In Space'.

I'm quite pleased to get a more uptempo tack in 'Poor Leno'. Everything was starting to merge together a bit.

It did happen. It was just really, really unsuccessful.

I would have joined if I'd known.

Is there a way we can somehow promote these a little more clearly? I've missed a few through just having no clue they were happening, and I'm on Moopy a fair bit every day.

Is there a way we can somehow promote these a little more clearly? I've missed a few through just having no clue they were happening, and I'm on Moopy a fair bit every day.
They've been happening every Sunday for a while?

I do think posting the topic a few days before would help.

They've been happening every Sunday for a while?
OK, but how am I meant to know where to look to find out what this Sunday's one is?

Couldn't we, for example, pin a topic at the very topic of pop or moopy moop with a schedule for the coming week's sync listens?

I think posting them at least 24 hours before isn't an unreasonable ask. I guess I've just been holding back because I've been hoping octy would come back and pick them up again.

OK, but how am I meant to know where to look to find out what this Sunday's one is?

Couldn't we, for example, pin a topic at the very topic of pop or moopy moop with a schedule for the coming week's sync listens?

I did post in the suggestions thread yesterday lunchtime that I intended to do this one today. But I agree that I should have just started the thread at that point.

I see what you mean. There was a schedule when lockdown was more in full throttle but I think that's finished and it was very much Octy's thing. There were some suggestions that haven't been done so of anyone can remember more of them I guess a new schedule could be put together.

Lana Del Rey was one - don't know what album though Born To Die I think would make a good one. Also Spiceworld which I think was a joke suggestion but also I think would be good too. :D

Perhaps we could share ownership of it? I don't really want it - I just didn't want it to fade away in octy's absence. Plus I didn't want to do the choosing each time, even from the list.

I've run nothing on Moopy in all my time here apart from one Whitney singles survivor where I got criticised for eliminating too many songs too soon, so I'll be glad to start some threads while Octy's having a break. Is the suggestions thread still around?

I've run nothing on Moopy in all my time here apart from one Whitney singles survivor where I got criticised for eliminating too many songs too soon, so I'll be glad to start some threads while Octy's having a break. Is the suggestions thread still around?

Yes, it's still front page moopy moop. And it's no work - literally just a post with a link. I guess anything else may be a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom