MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Shania Twain - Come On Over - Tuesday 07/07 20:00

Tisch

Spare potatoes
I know I'm kicking this off a bit early, but I appear to have a free afternoon, so w/eva.

Shania_Twain_-_Come_on_Over_Alternate_Cover.jpg

The stats for this album are proper mad. It had 12 singles, went to #1 in 15 countries and appears on Year-End Charts from 1997 to 2004! (Admittedly in 2004 it was the US Top Catalog Albums :disco:)

ALSO:

It was the #3 selling album in the US from 1990-1999(not bad seeing as it was released late '97!), the 158th best selling album in the US from 2000-2009, is the 15th best selling album in the US ever, and the 14th in the UK. It's little wonder why she fucked off for so long after this and Up! She was presumably sitting on a PILE (which she's hopefully since had checked out).

There are a few versions of the album kicking about as well. The original country album has a completely different cover, the tracklist is in a really weird order and it all feels very wrong to these UK ears. The one I've linked to is the "International" version with the more iconic cover and a tracklist that makes a a bucket load more sense. This itself was re-released after That Don't Impress Me Much which replaced From This Moment On (with the non-duet version? I'm not sure), the "Notting Hill" remix of "You've Got a Way" and some dance mix of That Don't Impress Me Much. I assume the one above is the original International Version but don't quote me on that.

More sales stats!

x11 Platinum in UK
x2 Diamond in US
x2 Diamond in Canada
x18 Platinum in Australia
x7 Platinum in Europe
Gold in Uruguay :o

Released - November '97
Reached - #1 UK, #1 US

We doing the UK version yes? Cause the US version has a different tracklist and edit

Oh I just saw from the Spotify link we are

You two really should communicate more

Anyway I’m here for this, what a $uccess, and what a woman!

Any objections if I move this to Wednesday? Had to move the Sunday one to Monday and j feel it's better to not to do two in a row. Will leave on Tuesday if it's better...

HERE, and have put You're Still the One on

"Users viewing this thread: SDF"

WOW. Am I doing this sync alone? :eyes:

OH DEAR. Still the ONLY ONE :D

When.

It’s definitely not one of the highlights that’s for sure. I like the bridge.

Her voice really is very good on When.

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When

From this moment on

the intro to this one is gorge, sorry Moopy, I appreciate this isn’t for everyone though

From this moment on is still playing but seriously it’s only ever going to be a 10. The strings! The electric guitar! The drama!

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On

This was a nice moment in her concert too, which I appreciate was nipped and tucked to an inch of its life, but I can still appreciate it x

Black Eyes, Blue Tears - is this the first non single? I don’t know why I’m asking, it’s only me here, you fucking cunts :D

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
6 - Black Eyes, Blue Tears

I don’t actually remember her voice being this good. But she really sings these songs well.

@Tria who are you hun and welcome to the ‘party’ :eyes:

I Won’t Leave You Lonely gives me Sting vibes.

Looking at the wiki do this album, it’s amazing to think she released singles from it for three years. What a campaign. :disco:

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
7- I Won’t Leave You Lonely

I do feel like no one turned up to my birthday party :D

thanks for coming @Iguana take your pick over what party bag you want x

I’m Holding On To Love is a very Shania by numbers track. But that chorus is very infectious.

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
7 - I Won’t Leave You Lonely
8 - I’m Holding On To Love

I accidentally tuned in at the right point - I find You're The One to From This Moment On a bit of a chore these days just because I know them so well

Reactions: SDF
Come On Over is brilliant. I appreciate the key changes.

There seems very little appetite for syncs any more! I guess everyone got lives :(

Anyway I'll take the one with jelly beans thanks

:D

way to kick me when I’m down!

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
7 - I Won’t Leave You Lonely
8 - I’m Holding On To Love
9 - Come On Over

You’ve Got A Way is really just a retread if From This Moment On?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom