MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Sinéad O'Connor - Universal Mother - Monday 06/07 20:00

Tisch

Spare potatoes
Hello!

For the next Sunday chilled album we're going to 1994 for Sinéad O'Connor's fourth album 'Universal Mother'

Universalmother.jpg

I know nothing of her apart from Nothing Compares 2 U and everything I've tried to listen to doesn't go in at all. In fact, I'm sure I've got her Greatest Hits on my iTunes, but god knows when I last heard any of it.

Wikipedia has been very informative. The article is one line: "Universal Mother is the fourth album by Irish singer Sinéad O'Connor." So there you go fact fans!

The chart positions aren't great for this - assume this was after the Pope incident? Let's see if we think it was unfairly maligned.

Released: September 1994
Reached: UK #19, US #36

Looking forward to hearing what she considers a perfect Indian on track 8. She strikes me as a veggie Vindaloo gal and cauliflower bhaji kind of gal.

Phil Coulter who co-produced the album, has co-written four UK #1 singles: Puppet On A String, Congratulations, Back Home and Forever And Ever.

That gives no indication of the album at all. In fact it's quite the headfuck.

And he also wrote the song 'Scorn Not His Simplicity' about his son who had Down's Syndrome and died in early childhood.

Its on Spotify :disco: as a track on Thank you for hearing me single

Oh yes - it confused me as that's a different cover to the CD single I have. I thought it was an edit.

While her shaved head was initially an assertion against traditional views of women, years later, O'Connor said she had begun to grow her hair back, but that after being asked if she was Enya, O'Connor shaved it off again.

:enya:

I'm wondering now if I Do Not Want What I Have Not Got may have been an easier choice. But what the hell, here we are.

A Perfect Indian makes my mum cry. I might consider looking emotional to it after too much wine but wouldn’t cry. I can never decide if this or I Do Not Want... is my favourite album of hers.

Could we maybe bump this up so it doesn't clash with Moopyvision please?

Or you could just do this an hour earlier maybe?

Thanks, and sorry!

I don't think I can either, but I'm giving it a go. I reserve my right to switch off after 1 track. :)

Given the first one is not a track at all, permission denied until after 2 tracks.

Sorry gang, but I'm not going to be around for it. I may just about make it home from work to be able to listen to it properly, but I'm not going to be in the mood for it even if I am.

I got stuck in a TERFy rant on Twitter. Yeah bit weird to be going from a screamathon to lullaby to actual kiddy singing in the space of minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom