MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Steps - Tears on the Dancefloor - Sunday 13/09 20:00

Omg @Suomi comment immediately

save this from being a flop thread x

The covers on this album are all good, but none are better than their originals. “You Make Me Whole” in its original format is a regular chez me, and “I Will Love Again” is Lara Fabian’s “...Baby One More Time”

Nevertheless, a solid pop album of which the meaty and defiant “Firefly” is my favourite.

If they are going to continue to delve into the Benny Anderson Band back catalogue I’d love to hear a solo Lisa do “Fait Accompli”

Thank you for your participation I trust we will be seeing you on Sunday with the poppers

“I Will Love Again” is Lara Fabian’s “...Baby One More Time”

tumblr_p74h34KexL1sqpdido1_500.gif

I was tempted in by a Lara Fabian reference

But I will endeavour to join if ASFM has not killed me by the end of Saturday

Is this already a bigger success than Erasure

@lolly to confirm :eyes:

but do you agree!?

I mean, Lara WISHES. I guess it was the closest she came internationally!

However I DO agree that the cover isn't as good as the original but it is competent (in a copy-exactly-the-same-notes-that-Lara-sings kind of way)

It's also one of the few songs that Lara sings that she didn't co-write so presumably she didn't even get royalties from Steps' version :(

Obviously Story of a Heart is one of my favourites :eyes:

It's a shame there's not a version with Dancing With A Broker Heart that isn't 24 tracks long!

My version is 12 tracks, all killer no filler, but I’d imagine that’d be tricky to sync listen to. :(

Are we ready for this tomorrow? :o

I Will Love Again is one of my favourite songs of all time so a cover version is naturally not going to be on anywhere near the same level as the Lara original. At least it’s better then their version of Movin’ On. I remember being SO disappointed when I first heard that.

It’s a shame we’re not getting September Sun in this sync listen but then it probably does flow best as the 10 track album.

What does your future hold huns?

this at 8pm, of course :disco::disco::disco:

Reactions: dUb
I’ve started the party early with a few Greatest Hits

Oh boo we're missing this. Sorry we've ended up having a late dinner. :(

I might stick this on for my run tomorrow that I am definitely doing.

Can’t you listen over dinner? :eyes: It works great with a bottle of red x

Cruel.

Can somebody out there hear my SOS? :eyes:

OMG I knew my 10 hail Lisa Scott Lees would work

x

1 minute loves!! This threads electric :disco:

You can prob understand why I bailed on doing one of these a week bbz

Reactions: SDF
I wonder if there's anyone who doesn't think Scared of the Dark is amazing.

SPEAK UP

I like the new song, but Scared of the Dark is really one of the best songs they've ever done.

Reactions: dUb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom