MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #5 - MARIAH CAREY - BUTTERFLY - 8PM TUESDAY 05/05

octophone

Prole Art Threat

Lambs, assemble!

By request/demand/etc, Moopy will sit with Mariah Carey's "Butterfly" this evening.

The album needs little introduction to most of Moopy: released in 1997, it saw her step further away from her earlier pop/AOR sound and further intop hip-hop/R&B. It is widely regarded as one of her best and it shipped over 10 million worldwide.

This will be a new one to me but hey, isn't that part of the point?

I'm not sure I can. Although 'My All' and 'The Roof' are both low key treats.

The album is stunning and has some of her best work. You’re in for a treat.

I have never heard this due to Honey. So we'll see. I had the previous two albums.

I think I will because I haven't for years and can't remember much. I seem to recall I never quite "got" it like some people, but then I'm no Mariah loon, so..

If it's that bad I'm happy to give up after Breakdown which I'm aware of.

Do the fans even like this one?

Do we have any lambs anymore?

Anyway I love "Honey". I remember being stunned at the sheer change in her and extravagance of it all at 14 years. Plus it was just ALL TITS

Best listening party so far

Keep going @Ag

I can't face one of these tonight (I have a regular phone call that's about to happen as well), but I've always quite liked Honey.

Butterfly (song) I know is a bit schmaltzy for some but I heart it so much

When this came on at the end of her last fun for Europe concert I nearly died

Though this marked the end of her imperial phase for sure. Whipping out the norks must have pissed off a sizeable chunk and somehow she's not QUITE sexy with it, more comical

Not desperately impressed. It's not shit it's just been done before.

Well at least there's My All. A treat in ballad form, a banger in remix form.

Everyone raves about Butterfly (song) but it's never felt like Mariah's best, just a weaker version.

My All on the other hand...not that it's especially original but you hardly go to Mariah for that.

I think at this point in time we had the All Saints and Toni Braxton and Mariah was very much down the list for me by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom