MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #7 - KYLIE MINOGUE (1997) a/k/a IMPOSSIBLE PRINCESS - 8pm Tuesday 19/05

octophone

Prole Art Threat

Right Moopy. It's Kylie time.

Released in 1997, "Kylie Minogue" was original set to be released under the title "Impossibl...Oh, fuck it YOU ALL KNOW.

If some kind soul could sort a Spotify link as Spotify is blocked in here (I am, as always, at work)

#justiceforsomekindofbliss

Looking forward to the analysis of track 21, the 10 minute Razor n Go Dub of Did It Again.

Very much a mood piece for me. And unfortunately not a mood for me this evening, so I'm going to sit this one out.

So I'll be doing the 12 track original - not really feeling like doing remixes etc...feel free to carry on if you wish, however...

I'd forgotten how *frantic* "Too Far" is. Actually quite claustrophobic.

I must have been around 15 when I got round to listening to IP. It was only my second or third Kylie album.

Imagine my surprise at that frantic, paranoid, drum and bass opening and the almost spoken singing?! :disco:

I think Cowboy Style is SUCH a good song - bettered perhaps live on some of the recent tours. I gag for the chorus, but the vocals on the verses sound like she has a cold

I think "Cowboy Style" doesn't quite know what it wants to be - there were two possible great tracks in there but smashing them together didn't really come off.

One of my favorite albums EVER.

Skip the remixes but make sure you listen to Tears, Love Takes over me and This girl in addition :disco:

I was hoping to find out tonight if I was the only Mooper to rate "Some Kind Of Bliss" but no-one's turned up. I think too much was made of the Manics involvement because one thing it isn't is a Manics track with Kylie on vocals.

At least they fade out when James Dean Bradfield starts to solo at the end. Good decision...I still think it really works. It was real sign when it flopped.

I was hoping to find out tonight if I was the only Mooper to rate "Some Kind Of Bliss" but no-one's turned up. I think too much was made of the Manics involvement because one thing it isn't is a Manics track with Kylie on vocals.

I really like it (on first listen).

I like 'Did It Again' although it does make me want to listen to 'Ready To Go' by Republica.

This was a much bigger hit wasn't it?

Edit - no, #14. For some reason I thought it did top ten. Maybe in our hearts... :(

Yeah - the album version tries to skank but kinda lumbers instead. The single version is lighter and flows better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom