Moopy does CHARITY - HELP NEEDED!

Are you interested?

• Total voters

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
This was drunkenly mentioned on NYE to a receptive response.

I feel like 2022 Moopy is more than capable of raising some money for an agreed cause. I'm not quite sure how it would look, but in my head a series of classic Moopy events, with sponsorship attached over say a week.

Just putting it out there to see what people think. Could easily be tied in with Moopy's birthday at the start of February.

Obviously we have a wealth of events we could run, but it depends on who has time. We could it run it over a longer period. I dunno.

We don't even have to do events, but it would make it more interesting/ engaging.

Also acknowledging that not everyone has the same financial capabilities.

One event a month with a 5 pound entrance fee could raise over 1000 in a year. A song for Moopy, family feud, etc. That’s also a low enough entrance cost that most could probably afford it (and I think if someone genuinely can’t, they could play anyway)

I'm up for it. And doing it this way rather than from the fund which jave occasionally done before - so people know exactly why they are doing it. Never mind if the fund can afford it - and where's @Star with the amazon update?

Oh also maybe whoever’s running the event can choose a charity that means something to them

One event a month with a 5 pound entrance fee could raise over 1000 in a year. A song for Moopy, family feud, etc. That’s also a low enough entrance cost that most could probably afford it (and I think if someone genuinely can’t, they could play anyway)
Being a miserable old cunt I probably won't be interested in the event itself but will still contribute somehow if it's part of some big moopy event.

Reactions: RJN
Being a miserable old cunt I probably won't be interested in the event itself but will still contribute somehow if it's part of some big moopy event.
Nothing wrong with that!

Naturally it will be sponsored by Roly's Fudge Pantry, right?

£5 bloody POUNDS per ASFM?! I’m ALL FOR GIVING TO CHARITY but can I get a student discount?

This is a lovely idea - perhaps when running future events we could pop a fundraising link in the first post, for the charity of the host's choice?

The only reason I suggested keeping to a week is that people will lose interest if it's monthly or ongoing. A short blast of tin rattling tied in with events be it Mafia, ASFM, Word Game, Family Fortunes, Moopy Art, WITOY, or any idea really is the best way to maximise earning potential.

It’s a great idea @Ag and I am more than happy to buy my way, Azerbaijani style, to an ASFM victory.

Of course which charity will no doubt help move things along.

Any thoughts? Something LGBTQ?

I can't really run much myself, as I'm about to be super busy. But collectively we can bring something together.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to donate to charity to play ASFM or whatever is on offer.

But I do feel a bit of concern for those who are uncomfortable paying, be that because of their own circumstances, any charities they already give to, or any other personal reasons that may be. Would it be both optional and anonymous? I don't like the idea of it becoming an exclusive £5 Moopy Club only for those who can/want to pay.

I'd rather it was anonymous. I don't need to know who has contributed what. Just knowing that moopy as a whole has collected a total amount for whatever charity is good enough.

And I'd rather keep the fundraising and the events separate, if that makes sense - so it's not seen as 'pay to enter', rather 'would you like to donate in celebration of all we have going on' kind of thing?

Personally, I'd be happy to donate to charity to play ASFM or whatever is on offer.

But I do feel a bit of concern for those who are uncomfortable paying, be that because of their own circumstances, any charities they already give to, or any other personal reasons that may be. Would it be both optional and anonymous? I don't like the idea of it becoming an exclusive £5 Moopy Club only for those who can/want to pay.
Yeah I agree with this.

Despite my JOKING above I was genuinely in a position not too long ago where I COULDN’T afford to pay to enter ASFM/Mafia etc. I don’t like the idea that people could potentially lose access the biggest events on the forum because it’s behind a paywall, be it they can’t afford or just plainly don’t want to, and I think it’d only work if there was anonymity. We are an ONLINE FORUM at the end of the day!

Of course which charity will no doubt help move things along.

Any thoughts? Something LGBTQ?

I can't really run much myself, as I'm about to be super busy. But collectively we can bring something together.

It has to be something ON BRAND. I was wondering when I read this if we could do something TRANS positive,

Personally, I'd be more than happy to donate to charity to play ASFM or whatever is on offer.

absolutely this.

Even though I don’t play. Can’t we raise money in a different way somehow? We could all do a joint BLAH BLAH BLAH or something.

It has to be something ON BRAND. I was wondering when I read this if we could do something TRANS positive,
Yes, that was my first thought. Second was the RNLI, but they have recently pleasingly seen their donations increase significantly.

And I'd quite like to favour a smaller charity that doesn't get so much publicity.

Yes, that was my first thought. Second was the RNLI, but they have recently pleasingly seen their donations increase significantly.

And I'd quite like to favour a smaller charity that doesn't get so much publicity.

TITS OUT FOR NUNS ON CRACK

I like the idea of people choosing their own charities although I guess if it’s accumulative you get to say “in total across 2022, we have raised...” etc

In terms of suggestions, I think the Albert Kennedy Trust and The Outside Project are both strong candidates? They both work with homeless LGBT young people.

And I'd quite like one of these so we can see how the fundraising is going

Blue-Peter-fundraising-ap-008.jpg

(pictured, left to right - @Indie @Star @Kate @ZenGiraffe )

Why OF COURSE. I already donate to a few charities that mean a lot to me personally, but would be MORE THAN HAPPY to donate some funds through a collective moopy.

This was the charity @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid nominated when we were donating our Moopy Quiz money;

https://www.akt.org.uk/

In terms of how we raise, I agree with it being anonymous and optional to not discriminate anyone. And also keeping it simple, so attach it to one/ two events in the year only. That way we have 6 months or so to hype up the event and raise awareness. Too much/frequent and people lose interest.

This was the charity @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid nominated when we were donating our Moopy Quiz money;

https://www.akt.org.uk/

In terms of how we raise, I agree with it being anonymous and optional to not discriminate anyone. And also keeping it simple, so attach it to one/ two events in the year only. That way we have 6 months or so to hype up the event and raise awareness. Too much/frequent and people lose interest.
And that's the same one @Tetris-Rock posted above. More than happy to go with that one, personally.

Why OF COURSE. I already donate to a few charities that mean a lot to me personally, but would be MORE THAN HAPPY to donate some funds through a collective moopy.
I’m the same, I’m happy enough to help some good causes through here too but I already pay a few charity direct debits but mainly give a portion of my salary through Give As You Earn at work which takes away the taxes sometimes involved. Other people probably do the same and maybe don’t want to commit to further payments which is fair enough so I agree with the anonymity part.

I can't find anything specifically LGBTQ related for Ukraine from a quick Google search, but any refugee related charity would be good imo

I can't find anything specifically LGBTQ related for Ukraine from a quick Google search, but any refugee related charity would be good imo
Fair. I just felt a specific one could be worthwhile. I'll see if I can set something up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom