Moopy Fit Club 2021

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
This topic seems to have dropped out of favour, probably due to lockdown. I keep filling up the daily topic with my boring gym stuff.

I have finally got my shit together and started shaping up. I've been exercising 4 to 5 times a week now and going on a not too severe diet. I've lost about half a stone in four weeks, but even better I've been tightening up the wobbly flab. My clothes have gone from being embarrassingly tight to loose.

This probably won't last long as I get easily distracted, but this has been my best attempt at getting into shape since 2008!

Best of all I've conquered my fear of the treadmill!

I’ve been walking loads and cycling and its deffos helped. Working from home this week has meant I’ve been boned idle but I’m riding tomorrow or Saturday never mind the fucking rain

Great job!

I start back with my PT the week after next - excited to get back to it. I weighed myself and I technically haven't gained much weight since the lockdown/injury combo, but I think that's only because I was putting on muscle before Christmas and most of that has turned into fat. Just excited to start afresh regardless of the injury because I was happy with how I felt late last year. I've been slim for years because of running and cycling but this is the first time I've tried to put on muscle mass and it felt good.

I miss running but it'll be a while before I get anywhere close to where I was last summer. I'm a crap swimmer but want to start that ASAP too.

I'm avoiding red meat, takeaways and chocolate to boot. Most of our meals are quite similar to before, we've just dumped the shit.

Drinking less too. Not that I want to deny myself that joy but the hangover munch is my most vulnerable time.

I've accepted its an uphill battle (I've just dipped below 15 stone for the first time in a couple of years!) and the stomach may never fuck off, so I'm just toning the shit out of it.

Great job!

I start back with my PT the week after next - excited to get back to it. I weighed myself and I technically haven't gained much weight since the lockdown/injury combo, but I think that's only because I was putting on muscle before Christmas and most of that has turned into fat. Just excited to start afresh regardless of the injury because I was happy with how I felt late last year. I've been slim for years because of running and cycling but this is the first time I've tried to put on muscle mass and it felt good.

I miss running but it'll be a while before I get anywhere close to where I was last summer. I'm a crap swimmer but want to start that ASAP too.
I still hate running, but I'm learning to tolerate it!

Running is the only exercise I’ve ever liked but I am trying to add some strength in, since I’d like to be a bit more muscular. Right now just stuff at home, but I’m going to start lifting weights over the summer.
I’m generally happy with my body and looks, but I think if I gained a few pounds of muscle I’d be thrilled.

I've always had an awkward body. Child bearing hips and a skinny upper frame. Putting on weight put me in proportion at least. But the MOOBS. Oh God, just the worst. Physically unattractive and quite uncomfortable. Oh and my arse is naturally PLUMP, so that just did it's own thing. Thankfully all this exercise and dieting seems to be showing results really quickly. So YAY.

I'm currently (well, within the last week, these things fluctuate) the lightest i've been in a decade. Still officially overweight, but can happily wear small size tops. Go figure.

55 miles on the bike in the last week. Is good but would like to do more when it stops fucking raining

This is what my weekend looked like:

Saturday morning:
30 min Core Workout
15 min stretching

Saturday afternoon:
6-mile trail hiking

Sunday morning:
1h 30 circle workout
15 min stretching

Sunday afternoon:
10 mile hike (gentle)

Probably hit it a little harder than I should have (especially the hike this afternoon, which will punish me tomorrow and Tuesday) but the weather has been so glorious this weekend that I kinda couldn't help it.

Last edited:
I flunked out of the gym and for some reason started profuse sweating about five minutes into cardio.

Today I've just face fucked.

I'm on the comeback trail and have been to the gym at least 3 times per week so far. I've definitely reached my limit a few times, such as on Thursday there I thought I was going to be sick (which has actually happened before - I read up on it and asked and it's not that alarming) and earlier today I thought it was going that way too, so decided to slow down and it worked.

Cardio would do me the world of good, but I'm hating having to book for swimming and my first attempt to run again was bitterly cold (I'm only willing to do it at 6am as my running is a sight to behold :)) I'm not giving up on that as I'd like to join either the Glasgow or Edinburgh running group for gays who are gay and like to run.

My new favourite thing I've tried (I'm aiming to do something new each time I work out just for a bit of mo'ivation) is the glute bridge. I was like an absolute puddle getting out of it. Having my foot resting on a bench to do lunges was just horrendous, but I was very pleased with how I felt after.

There's a gay running club here I joined YEARS AGO but had to stop going to because of my working hours, and I was thinking of signing up again, but my old manager goes and I feel like I'd be stepping on his toes*.

* not literally, but I do struggle with running in a straight line.

Back to the gym today after four days off. I think I just ruined it by eating chicken thighs.

Back to the gym today after four days off. I think I just ruined it by eating chicken thighs.

I can assure you chicken thighs are not an issue (I might revise my statement depending on sauce and condiments).

I'm basically sticking to a fairly solid home workout plan during the week and then I hit the mountains hard on the weekend. Feels like a good balance. I reckon that's the way things are going to remain for the foreseeable future.

Gyms are not going to open before June here.

I got my second covid jab today and parked on the pavement so I didn't have to walk more than 200 yards to the centre. I'm glad I dropped in here though so I can get inspired (feel disgusting).

I'm back with my PT this week, starting from tomorrow.

Trouble is that he's using some new app and is demanding (well asking for) shirtless photos of my front, sides and back tomorrow. After I've stuffed my face in town and then with jelly babies and cereal today, and after lying around doing nothing but eating for months. So I might try to get out of that.

Excited to get back though.

Trouble is that he's using some new app and is demanding (well asking for) shirtless photos of my front, sides and back tomorrow. After I've stuffed my face in town and then with jelly babies and cereal today, and after lying around doing nothing but eating for months. So I might try to get out of that.

is the PT hot at least ?

• Haha
Reactions: RJN

Front, sides and back is EXCRUCIATING. A front of mine who has helped put together my home gym routine asked me to do the same a few weeks ago :zombie: - but if he's good at his job, he'll also notice e.g. an anterior pelvic tilt or something similar going on and adjust core exercises accordingly. It's better to look at it from a medical than from a "looks" perspective.

I had some really pesky issues in the lower back from sitting and working 12h each day from December - February. Barely noticing it anymore, probably due to a combination of doing mobility/stretching almost daily + working out regularly.

I am ‘had to check how high your heart rate should be when exercising’ years old now. Belting it on a bike after a big night on the ale isnt as fun in your late 30s as it is in your 20s

Had my first gym session just now. My arms are obliterated but it's GOOD TO BE BACK.

My arms are rocking up a treat. Working hard against gravity on those bingo wings.

I hurt my knee running over the weekend. I seem to have resolved the knee injury issue by doing up hill walking at speed for cardio instead of running.

have my third PT session tomorrow.

drawback is that he wants me to eat 2700 calories a day to bulk but I feel like I've already gained too much weight over the last few weeks. I was hoping to be toned by Portugal in July but that pipedream is gone now.

still nice to be back, sore arms and all.

drawback is that he wants me to eat 2700 calories a day to bulk but I feel like I've already gained too much weight over the last few weeks. I was hoping to be toned by Portugal in July but that pipedream is gone now.

Is your PT a feeder?

He's probably thinking 2-3 month bulk followed by 1-month cut. Better than trying to achieve the impossible with Body Recomp :zombie: :D

My weight loss has stagnated, so I'm currently very much focusing on the limited cardio, I can do.

Bit of a breather re: working out since Wednesday.

I strained my thigh a little on Tuesday and I got my first covid shot today, so no workout until tomorrow evening or Sunday. Plenty of REST and EUROVISION is exactly what the doctor ordered. :disco:

Yes I'm having a REST DAY. I very much want WEIGHT LOSS over GAINS.

I was there this morning. Off to buy food today. It's a pain when I still can't drive my car.

First gym without PT tomorrow which always makes me stupidly nervous so I'll go dead early to avoid people.

Just did legs. Definitely the most I've enjoyed pushing myself since starting back. Whilst probably delusion, the feeling of momentum at least beginning to get going is a nice remedy for the dissatisfaction I've had from lockdown.

After a bit of a shakey moment on the scales yesterday morning I've chatted to my GP and we're doing a bit of a cut until I get back from my Portugal wedding in July. :disco: Can worry about bulking after I've gotten past that.

It's so nice to be back at it again. The first time in months when I haven't felt quite as bloated and bleugh.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom