Moopy Runners

I had to take my foot off the gas a bit in the past few weeks - a) because the weather is getting worse (I know, I'm a chicken) and b) I need to do a bit more for my left calf in terms of strength and stretching. It's been my weak point and started a bit whenever I decided to go faster/harder on less forgiving surfaces. :zombie:

I know we've dipped in and out and never fully committed since COVID, but would anyone be up for properly revitalising the Strava group? It would help me keep accountable in December.

I think I'd be up for that. I had been doing couch to 10k recently but I'm still on "couch."
I will be ignoring the first few posts on this thread as I'm going to be so far off my old times. I'll be happy with sub 30 at the minute for my 5k.

But need to start somewhere.

I know we've dipped in and out and never fully committed since COVID, but would anyone be up for properly revitalising the Strava group? It would help me keep accountable in December.
I’m in the group but what would revitalizing it entail? I don’t know what you can even do with Strava groups

I’m in the group but what would revitalizing it entail? I don’t know what you can even do with Strava groups
For the first month we would have arranged weekly or biweekly runs and held each other accountable on here. There was a rough time for people to do it (say, Wed morning 7am), but obviously people were flexible with this.

Last edited:
I mean of course people could run when it suited them, but I remember there being a lovely supportive vibe that morning when we were sharing our runs on Strava and on here.

I’m running a half marathon Thursday. I’m in the middle of training for my marathon in February, so I think I’m going to use this as an opportunity to try to go my marathon goal pace to see how it feels for half the distance. I’m feeling good about it but I haven’t gotten enough sleep lately, so I’m a little nervous

Got another 10K race this Sunday. Aiming for that sub:50 but I'm having left hip 'niggles' ugh

Is the hip issue from the last half?

I've had it for quite a few years but I'm used to it now
I mean, my right knee was never the same after my first full marathon
It's just what we have to deal with us as runners

I've had it for quite a few years but I'm used to it now
I mean, my right knee was never the same after my first full marathon
It's just what we have to deal with us as runners
yeah it is definitely my right knee I have the most issues with. I went to physical therapy for it in 2020 and I still do the exercises every day, which really helps. Luckily no hip problems yet, but probably eventually

Day 3 of 31 5km runs done.

I was a bit dejected with my time the first day the first day, but I do keep comparing to myself pre injury, over 2 stone lighter and in good practice.

Shaved 2 minutes off today which I'm happy with. Keeping in mind that I'm unlikely to hit great time increases if I'm not doing rest days.

Mopsy runners - let's talk shoes!
What are your go-to shoes for distance / trail / races etc?
I can start a separate thread if need be

Reactions: RJN
I’ve been using ASICS Gel-Cumulus for about 10 years. I also got Brooks Ghosts last year, so I mostly alternate between the 2. My most recent race I ran in the Ghosts. I think I’m going to buy a new pair of ghosts a few weeks before my marathon and wear them.

For long runs and easy runs, I’ve been wearing ASICS Evo-ride 2s. They’re not for racing I don’t think, but I like them. I have Saucany Pwr Runs and I like them ok.

I try to replace all my shoes every 6 months, which gets expensive, but is usually worth it.

white-white_a8c2a7a5-688a-4d49-8286-661201630d1a.png

Not my go-to but bought Adidas Adizero Pro 3 in August and ran with them once right before spraining my thigh twice and breaking my toe and then the winter came. :bruised: I really like them but I never had a shoe quite as bouncy before so takes some time to get used to. I’m not sure if I benefit of them with my technique.

I've liked my last two pairs of Nike Pegasus. I do need a new pair, but they've served me well, and those first runs with them felt lovely and light.

I was a Nike queen but their last few shoes had been disappointing.
These days I alternate HOKA with Asics and I am loving them both.

Actually it’s the EvoRide 2 I have. I’m gonna try the different ones on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom