Moopy Runners

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
I was at about 3x 5-7k runs per week across March but I've been once in April and not at all for 10 days. that's the shitty thing about running - you can't be arsed when it's cold and then you feel like you're back at SQUARE ONE when you do go again.

Reactions: RJN
I've set up a Belfast LGBTQ+ Running Group to start once restrictions ease. Trouble is that my speed and distance is going to be limited limited limited now, but I'm still quite excited.
Oh where is that going to be based?

Soldi

EVIL BABS FOR THE WIN
I’ve not ran since last Autumn I don’t think, I just can’t BRING myself to do it back home for whatever reason. I’ll definitely make some ATTEMPT to get back into it when I’m back in Manchester next week, the weather warming up will certainly help. I got fed up of the cold hands (so I need to buy some gloves next winter!) and it felt uncomfortable to BREATHE when I was running in the cold, which may be due to my asthma.

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
I’ve not ran since last Autumn I don’t think, I just can’t BRING myself to do it back home for whatever reason. I’ll definitely make some ATTEMPT to get back into it when I’m back in Manchester next week, the weather warming up will certainly help. I got fed up of the cold hands (so I need to buy some gloves next winter!) and it felt uncomfortable to BREATHE when I was running in the cold, which may be due to my asthma.

Yeah I find if it's both cold and windy breathing becomes quite UNPLEASANT. I don't even have asthma, I'm just a DELICATE SOUL.

Suedey

Long Snake Moan
Park Runs are back in England from 5th June 😻

They've written to every landowner of where they previously ran to ask for permission to start up again, so provided they say yes they can go ahead.
I'm so ready for them to come back. Come on Park Run teleport us to a sub-20:00 5K :disco:

Barnacle

Climb on through my window.
No running for another four weeks, but my physio says I can start using the gym again so I'm seeing my PT in a week or two for the first time since December. :disco: And I'm allowed to do some indoor cycling to a point, so I'm feeling up up up today.

Star

Homo Secretary (OB)
I don't have asthma but if I try and run I just can't breathe, hot or cold weather. Is it just a case of getting my lungs used to it?? I really need to do something physical

Apocalypt Flyer

spheres
Staying away from running for now. I'll stick with 1-2 HIIT workouts and a long hike or two medium hikes on the weekend for my weekly "cardio".

My body has gone through wild (weight) fluctuations in the last 18 months and I don't wanna push my joints too hard just yet.

Alla

Beast in Black
I don't have asthma but if I try and run I just can't breathe, hot or cold weather. Is it just a case of getting my lungs used to it?? I really need to do something physical
Yes, that's totally normal, you need to get used to it. I started running last fall, at first it was impossible to run even 5 minutes, but after struggling a bit I ended up running 30 minutes every day, even 1 hour (but that was too much for my back, so went back to 30').

Star

Homo Secretary (OB)
Yes, that's totally normal, you need to get used to it. I started running last fall, at first it was impossible to run even 5 minutes, but after struggling a bit I ended up running 30 minutes every day, even 1 hour (but that was too much for my back, so went back to 30').

Ok thanks, perhaps I'll try giving it another go now the weather is better!

Barnacle

Would you maybe try Couch to 5k @Star?

Barnacle

I saw some people doing bootcamp beside the sea on a drive there. Tempted to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom