Moopy Runners

I was at about 3x 5-7k runs per week across March but I've been once in April and not at all for 10 days. that's the shitty thing about running - you can't be arsed when it's cold and then you feel like you're back at SQUARE ONE when you do go again.

Reactions: RJN
I've set up a Belfast LGBTQ+ Running Group to start once restrictions ease. Trouble is that my speed and distance is going to be limited limited limited now, but I'm still quite excited.
Oh where is that going to be based?

I’ve not ran since last Autumn I don’t think, I just can’t BRING myself to do it back home for whatever reason. I’ll definitely make some ATTEMPT to get back into it when I’m back in Manchester next week, the weather warming up will certainly help. I got fed up of the cold hands (so I need to buy some gloves next winter!) and it felt uncomfortable to BREATHE when I was running in the cold, which may be due to my asthma.

I’ve not ran since last Autumn I don’t think, I just can’t BRING myself to do it back home for whatever reason. I’ll definitely make some ATTEMPT to get back into it when I’m back in Manchester next week, the weather warming up will certainly help. I got fed up of the cold hands (so I need to buy some gloves next winter!) and it felt uncomfortable to BREATHE when I was running in the cold, which may be due to my asthma.

Yeah I find if it's both cold and windy breathing becomes quite UNPLEASANT. I don't even have asthma, I'm just a DELICATE SOUL.

They're hoping to start up a new one near me. But when will there be AFTERNOON ONES for those of us that don't want to get up early on a fucking Saturday :evil:

No running for another four weeks, but my physio says I can start using the gym again so I'm seeing my PT in a week or two for the first time since December. :disco: And I'm allowed to do some indoor cycling to a point, so I'm feeling up up up today.

I don't have asthma but if I try and run I just can't breathe, hot or cold weather. Is it just a case of getting my lungs used to it?? I really need to do something physical

Staying away from running for now. I'll stick with 1-2 HIIT workouts and a long hike or two medium hikes on the weekend for my weekly "cardio".

My body has gone through wild (weight) fluctuations in the last 18 months and I don't wanna push my joints too hard just yet.

I don't have asthma but if I try and run I just can't breathe, hot or cold weather. Is it just a case of getting my lungs used to it?? I really need to do something physical
Yes, that's totally normal, you need to get used to it. I started running last fall, at first it was impossible to run even 5 minutes, but after struggling a bit I ended up running 30 minutes every day, even 1 hour (but that was too much for my back, so went back to 30').

Yes, that's totally normal, you need to get used to it. I started running last fall, at first it was impossible to run even 5 minutes, but after struggling a bit I ended up running 30 minutes every day, even 1 hour (but that was too much for my back, so went back to 30').

Ok thanks, perhaps I'll try giving it another go now the weather is better!

I do miss early morning running a lot but the weather hasn't been half as good this year I guess. Plus I know I'd be nowhere near as enthuastic now that work isn't at home.

Still struggling, but managed 30 minutes on the treadmill (over 56 minutes). Better than last week's 21 minutes. Since the gyms opened I've never went less than 3 times per week so cardio is a must to kick it up a gear.

• Love
Just did my first parkrun since Feb 2020! It was really quite exciting being back even if I have no friends to go with

Still waiting on my official time but according to my watch it was under 30* which will be my first time since April 2019. Even with the street running in lockdown I just could never quite push myself hard enough, so the formality of an event is clearly beneficial to me.

*Edit: 29.39 - go me :disco:

Last edited:
Way to go, Tisch.

I did my first continuous 10 mile trail run on Thursday after work. Before that I've done two intervall hikes (to SHUM :disco:) which were basically 2 minutes fast walking + 1 minute running.

My left foot started cramping on the last mile and pace was pretty slow (need 2h20min) but didn't feel as dead as I thought I would on Friday. :D

Also signed up for some work business run next month (but that's only 4 miles, so should be pretty easy and it's through the city, so entirely flat.)

Yay guys! Well done.

The festival I was working yesterday coincided with a 10k run which made me a little jealous for a minute. But hopefully it won't be long till I can start again.

I am doing regular 5-10k runs again too, feels goood. I just love the canal routes near me
Do you live in London? I ran on a canal there and it was a great spot. I’d love to do it again

Just got my record for 5k after starting outside running in the spring.
Normally go first thing in morning before breakfast but was too cold..so braved lunchtime. Have to do it again at this time and see if was just a FLUKE :disco:

Just got my record for 5k after starting outside running in the spring.
Normally go first thing in morning before breakfast but was too cold..so braved lunchtime. Have to do it again at this time and see if was just a FLUKE :disco:
I like going first thing just to get it out of the way but I do find I get better times going at more social hours, lunchtime or straight after work. Especially as this time of year.

I had a Dominoes for dinner last night and lunch just now and I plan to go to the gym after work for the first time this week. Pray 4 me. x

My best times are usually about an hour or 2 after I wake up

I like going first thing just to get it out of the way but I do find I get better times going at more social hours, lunchtime or straight after work. Especially as this time of year.

I had a Dominoes for dinner last night and lunch just now and I plan to go to the gym after work for the first time this week. Pray 4 me. x
Ooh i’ll mix it up a bit more then :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom