MOOPY SYNC LISTENS #9 - ROBYN - BODY TALK - 8pm Tuesday 02/06

octophone

Prole Art Threat

To celebrate 10 years of the original Sad Bop, this week's Tuesday sync-listen is the 15-track "album" version of "Body Talk".

Wikipedia doth explain thusly, forsooth:

"Robyn first announced in early 2010 that she would release three mini-albums throughout the course of 2010, however, it was later announced that a full-length album would be released instead of a third mini-album. The first two mini-albums of what was dubbed the Body Talk series, Body Talk Pt. 1 and Body Talk Pt. 2, were released in June and September 2010. While being a separate studio album in its own right, the full-length release also serves as a compilation album, containing the "best songs" from the first two entries in the Body Talk series, as well as five new songs. The five new songs were also available separately as an extended play released the same day, titled Body Talk Pt. 3, in certain territories."

Get yr play-button-pushin' fingers ready.

I've never actually listened to this beyond the singles. BAD gay.

Yeah, I only really know the main singles. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I do like Fembot. It's fairly lightweight, but there's some real humour in the lyrics, which I always appreciate.

Reactions: GNL
I prefer Fembot, which is very of its time, but GOOD FUN, to Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do so far, but that may just be because hearing 'MY DRINKING IS KILLING ME' on repeat is TOO MUCH LIKE AN INTERVENTION.

Dancing On My Own is wonderful, of course. Sad, but uplifting at the same time.

So much has been written about it. I literally remember hearing it for the 1st time a decade ago.

Ah Dancing On My Own. Best song of the 10s.

FACT!
I wonder if POO! will ever do the results for his 10s rate so that we can get official confirmation that.

Obviously this song is a MASTERPIECE which basically invented Carly Rae Jepsen and Lorde('s second album). What a jam.

ImmediateKindheartedCaudata-size_restricted.gif

06 Fembot
08 Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do
12455 Dancing On My Own

The bass in Indestructible is so urgent. It really makes the song.

06 Fembot
12 Dancing On My Own
10 Indestructible

Arse. Sorry, it went completely out of my mind.

But I'll pick up now

10 Fembot
10 Dancing On My Own
10 Indestructible

I'm less keen on Time Machine. It's not bad but she sounds like a guest vocalist on her own track. I blame Max Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom