Moopy Upgrade - Snagging List

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone,

We have now had the all clear from XF that the upgrades are complete!

If you notice any issues, please post them in this thread, and the modmin team will investigate.

Unfortunately it is a bit awkwardly timed for me, as I have a load of work this afternoon and a house viewing in the evening, so the bulk of work I still have to do won't be done until after 7pm. However, the site should be perfectly useable in the meantime.

We can’t see the forums within forums on the main page. In TV it used to show reality bites, housewives etc

FFS, cancel your house viewing.

Lilly Singh Lol GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

We can’t see the forums within forums on the main page. In TV it used to show reality bites, housewives etc

Interestingly, there is an arrow next to the main forums when looking from a laptop which you can click to see the sub-forums, but not on mobile.

Is the desktop and mobile versions the same? I’m trying to access the desktop version on my phone but it’s not working.

Gracious thanks for adding the new bar just now. May we please get RECENT POSTS back please? NEW POSTS just doesn't cut it for me.

Gracious thanks for adding the new bar just now. May we please get RECENT POSTS back please? NEW POSTS just doesn't cut it for me.
https://www.moopy.co.uk/whats-new/ seems to be the same thing from what I can tell?

Although would love it on every page if possible, rather than having to click back.

I'm just gonna say things, nothing is of immediate concern, I don't expect an instant response.

Can we get the posters viewing each topic visible?

Can we remove the giant emojis? They’re especially bad on mobile.

Also thanks Zen for all the hard work.

Is it possible to have a mobile version of the banner? It looks like MICROFICHE at the moment.

but it’s great so far! Except my iPhone wants to highlight every other thing I touch

Is it possible to have a mobile version of the banner? It looks like MICROFICHE at the moment.

but it’s great so far! Except my iPhone wants to highlight every other thing I touch
Yes, that is part of my planned evening changes
Can we remove the giant emojis? They’re especially bad on mobile.

Also thanks Zen for all the hard work.
It will be time consuming, but we know how to fix this. #soon
I'm just gonna say things, nothing is of immediate concern, I don't expect an instant response.

Can we get the posters viewing each topic visible?
Not important, but can the "staff online" be swapped with the "recent posts" box? The latter is more useful to have near the top than the former.
Hopefully, these were addons before so if the same addon is around for the new software then yes.

I think the plan is for the mobile version to just have the Moopy logo where the tiny banner current is, and the banner on the other versions.

I would like the navigation stuff (next page etc) at both the top and bottom of each page if possible? As it was before.

Sometimes you have to play these giraffes at their own game, that's all I'll say ?

well done mods although im having a horrible time with this because I hate change :D

is it possible to get page numbering at the top of the page, not just the bottom?

is it possible to shade the poster headline different to the actual post? It’s all melting into one for me and it’s difficult to follow the flow of the conversation...

probably JUST ME

@admin Has it yet been mentioned that SPOTIFY links aren't showing?

Can report and edit be switched round on your own posts? At the moment to edit (possibly just on my mobile due to display constraints) I have to click a drop-down, then click edit.

Would it be possible to have the option to instantly skip to the latest page of threads with multiple pages before clicking in? Sometimes with older topics you may not have visited for a while, it doesn’t recognise the last time you read it and forces you to go to page 1.

Would it be possible to have the option to instantly skip to the latest page of threads with multiple pages before clicking in? Sometimes with older topics you may not have visited for a while, it doesn’t recognise the last time you read it and forces you to go to page 1.
A quick hack would be to mark all threads as read

Having a quick read, this is just a one-off from the upgrade.

As Zen says, if you mark everything as read (as a one off) it'll do the same thing.

Or wait a few weeks, and it'll do it because you'll have read most (recent) things.

Having a quick read, this is just a one-off from the upgrade.

As Zen says, if you mark everything as read (as a one off) it'll do the same thing.

Or wait a few weeks, and it'll do it because you'll have read most (recent) things.
No, it did that before the upgrade too, but you could still just skip to the last page anyway so it wasn’t a big deal. So is it not possible to list the topics like this?

Coronavirus - 1... 343, 344

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom