Moopyfestivalen 2022: Deltävling 4 - RESULTS

VoR

Take it or leave it
Last but certainly not least. This semi final gave us two major contenders for the win, plus poor dear sad old Anna Bergendahl's (presumably) last hoorah :(

PM votes to me in the usual format

1. Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power

2. Lillasyster - 'Till Our Days Are Over

3. Malin Christin - Synd om dig

4. Tenori - La Stella

5. Medina - In i dimman

6. Angelino - The End

7. Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills

Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power
Lillasyster - 'Till Our Days Are Over
Malin Christin - Synd om dig
Tenori - La Stella
Medina - In i dimman
Angelino - The End
Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills

This appears to be going as well as the App voting in the first semifinal.

Vor-scar Zia to apologise ON SCREEN.

The final wooden spoon of the season, joining Danne Stråhed, Samira Manners and Tribe Friday in 7th place is...

Angelino - The End (68pts)
1280px-Angelino_-_Melodifestivalen_202mel%2C_delt%C3%A4vling_4%2C_fredagen_04.png

If you believed the feverish press pre-reviews, 'the song' of Melfest 2022 was a pale re-write of Arcade without any semblance of a memorable hook. Thankfully the Swedish viewers saw through it and so did Moopy. I already could not hum a note of this if you stuck a gun to my head.

Last edited:
Just ahead of that drear, in 6th place we have...

Malin Christin - Synd om dig (74pts)

b30d2b62-933f-4d2b-a64a-998fc6684ed6

Wiktoria's little sister genuinely does have some very good pop songs in her back catalogue. Seriously, check out her Kär i karleken EP, it's great! Which makes it all the more bewildering that she chose to throw away her Melfest debut on this, definitely in the running the most BORING song of all the 28 selected this year. Bring a tune next time, Malin love!

Last edited:
First qualifier time... going DIREKT TILL CHEADLE is...

KLARA HAMMARSTRÖM - RUN TO THE HILLS
Klara-Hammarstrom-_Run-To-The-Hills_-Melodifestivalen-Sweden-Eurovision-2022.jpg

Plucky little Klara's first ever direkt qualifier and a multi-week Swedish #1 to boot! Still kinda wish they'd sent this TBH. FINISH HER!

The first song going to ANDRA CHANSEN is...

Lillasyster - 'Till Our Days Are Over
1200px-Lillasyster_-_Melodifestivalen_2022%2C_delt%C3%A4vling_4%2C_fredagen_34.png

A rare example of Moopy embracing hard rock, or a sign that this was an extremely top-heavy heat? Or maybe both! Whatever the reason, the @ButterTart demographic finally gets some representation in Andra Chansen.

Second song to Andra Chansen is...

Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power

788fa746-2ef1-44b4-b9c8-3d306a0b6c4c.jpg

Oh my! Dr Anna and her great big hat were forced to take the long route to the Melfest final this year, amid a creeping sense that she'd perhaps pushed her comeback narrative one song too far. Or perhaps Higher Power just wasn't quite as good as the other two? In any event, Moopy follows the Swedes once again and it's off to Andra Chansen for this starving eremite.

Which means it's between TENORI and MEDINA for that all-important final finals slot. WHO COULD IT BE? :eyes:

The second song going DIREKT TILL CHEADLE is...

MEDINA - IN I DIMMAN
medina%E2%80%AF-in-i-dimm_6217d25c82b37.jpg

Well, obviously. Still, it's always a bit of a turn-up when something with this much heterosexual energy goes all the way, so kudos to Medina for being quite irresistibly catchy even to this bunch of queens!

DTF: Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills
DTF: Medina - In i dimman
----

AC: Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power
AC: Lillasyster - 'till our days are over
----

5th: Tenori - Le Stella (80pts)
6th: Malin Christin - Synd om dig (74pts)
7th: Angelino - The End (68pts)

A very clear-cut semi, the song in fourth scored 128 points. Things got a fair bit closer towards the top, mind...

Its streams are really embarassing too. Still less than 600k! Even Shirley is over a million by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom