Moopyfestivalen 2022: THE FINAL - RESULTS

Rumour has it Lisa’s still on that cruise

Also classy and gracious of @Penelope to not mention Faith cheating

5th: Tone Sekelius - My Way (82pts)

tone-sekelius-%E2%80%93-my_62058dbc55045-1024x683.jpg

Debuts rarely get more life-affirming than this. The portents weren't positive from the pre-show buzz that this was a track that had been submitted "multiple times" only to be knocked back by organisers over the years, and with whispers that Tone's vocal outings at Prides in years gone by had been very much on the shaky side, but when it came down to it she knocked it out of the park with gusto, winning over a nation with a likeable and bubbly persona to boot - scrambling her way through andra chansen to a triumph of a fifth place final finish and all.

A big future as potential Melfest hostess very obviously awaits, but in the meantime - you'd really have to hope she's going to set about saving schlager for Gen Z in the coming years, wouldn't you?

1 x 12: @auretz
1 x 10: @Christian
2 x 8: @ZenGiraffe, @Soldi
3 x 6: @Kratz, @VoR, @Tisch
4 x 4: @Iguana, @Ill Advised, @Pingu, @Hak
4 x 2: @Suomi, @Tetris-Rock, @tr4962, @Alias #23
2 x 1: @Music, @FetchFugly

4th: Medina - In i dimman (110pts)

medina%E2%80%AF-in-i-dimm_621799cde7fda-1024x683.jpg

MEN? In my Moopy Festival top four?! It's MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK

So, what's the secret? Send a militant Latin-tinged Soviet banger fronted by a bear and a half, add FIRE, and don't look back. This ended up as one of the biggest hits of the year - streaming and radio - following the contest, and I doubt this is the last we've seen of Sami and Ali by any means. (PITCH FOR NEXT TIME: MEDINAH NAH :disco:)

5 x 12: @ButterTart, @ZenGiraffe, @Christian, @Alias #23, @Hak
1 x 10: @Apoca
1 x 8: @Iguana
1 x 6: @Soldi
5 x 4: @Jacques, @Music, @Eyes, @tr4962, @FetchFugly
3 x 2: @win_the_game, @Kratz, @David 5000

God the JOURNEY of that Tone Sekelius performance from shaky deltävling debut to TRIUMPHANT Friends Arena victory lap. I could cry just thinking about it.

3rd: Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough (140pts)

cazzi-opeia-rehearsal.jpg

Rocking up with the most aging tattoo possibly witnessed on the Melfest stage (seriously now!), Cazzi Opeia ended up primed perfectly to nab the against-all-odds success of the year gaypop ticket of heat three once Linda got a bit too carried away with herself. And god, though that brief JAZZ HAND OF DOOM segue at the 2:07 mark will never not send my nervous system into paroxysms of fear for fifth place (OR WORSE), talk about EARNING IT - pop music just does not get more brilliantly melodic or straightforward than this.

Cazzi here bagged herself a - slightly disappointing, all told - ninth place final slot in the end, but went away with one of the real prizes of the contest, scoring the objective radio hit of the year, staying at #2 in the Swedish airplay charts behind this year's winner solidly all the way up until last week. We're definitely seeing this woman again, and regardless of whether it's a car crash or not, I absolutely can't wait :disco:

3 x 12: @David 5000, @Music, @Tetris-Rock
5 x 10: @Penelope, @Soldi, @Eyes, @Pingu, @FetchFugly
4 x 8: @Kratz, @VoR, @Apoca, @Hak
1 x 6: @Jacques
2 x 4: @Suomi, @Alias #23
3 x 2: @Tisch, @Ill Advised, @auretz
2 x 1: @Christian, @tr4962

Last edited:
2nd: Klara Hammarström - Run To The Hills (151pts)

Screenshot-2022-02-25-at-11.12.18-AM.png

FINISH HER!

Bringing the spirit of drag brunch to Melodifestivalen: Klara Hammarström :disco:

Honestly though - has anything felt like as much of a heat 4 song 7 thrill ride as this did in years? Certainly not since Statements, and I think you're having to go back to when it was heat 4 song 8 and a decade before to find the next one on a level with this. Klara here maintained her commitment to looking like an absolute state every time she steps on the Melfest stage all the way to a direkt ticket to the final and a Swedish #1 hit, even if an actual tip at the crown was a bridge or five too far once the juries got involved - but my goodness, if it wasn't a tremendous load of silly old fun along the way.

Seeing this live for the first time in the Swedish Church, complete with the stream cutting out to gay shrieks for half a second halfway through, will go down as one of my most treasured Melfest viewing experiences for the ages. Hopefully she comes back with an entry too far in a year or two to complete the set - critics be damned! :disco:

2 x 12: @VoR, @Suomi
2 x 10: @Iguana, @Music
7 x 8: @Penelope, @ButterTart, @David 5000, @Jacques, @Ill Advised, @Tetris-Rock, @FetchFugly
5 x 6: @ZenGiraffe, @dUb, @auretz, @Eyes, @Hak
4 x 4: @win_the_game, @Tisch, @Soldi, @Apoca
2 x 2: @Haiku, @Pingu
1 x 1: @Alias #23

Last edited:

cazzi-opeia-rehearsal.jpg

Rocking up with the most aging tattoo possibly witnessed on the Melfest stage (seriously now!), Cazzi Opeia ended up primed perfectly to nab the against-all-odds success of the year gaypop ticket of heat three once Linda got a bit too carried away with herself. And god, though that brief JAZZ HAND OF DOOM segue at the 2:07 mark will never not send my nervous system into paroxysms of fear for fifth place (OR WORSE), talk about EARNING IT - pop music just does not get more brilliantly melodic or straightforward than this.

Cazzi here bagged herself a - slightly disappointing, all told - ninth place final slot in the end, but went away with one of the real prizes of the contest, scoring the objective radio hit of the year, staying at #2 in the Swedish airplay charts behind this year's winner solidly all the way up until last week. We're definitely seeing this woman again, and regardless of whether it's a car crash or not, I absolutely can't wait :disco:

2 x 12: @David 5000, @Music
5 x 10: @Penelope, @Soldi, @Eyes, @Pingu, @FetchFugly
4 x 8: @Kratz, @VoR, @Apoca, @Hak
1 x 6: @Jacques
2 x 4: @Suomi, @Alias #23
3 x 2: @Tisch, @Ill Advised, @auretz
2 x 1: @Christian, @tr4962

I really don't get what was so special about this. It just felt plain, even with the hook of Dora Bryan singing it.

Screenshot-2022-02-25-at-11.12.18-AM.png

FINISH HER!

Bringing the spirit of drag brunch to Melodifestivalen: Klara Hammarström :disco:

Honestly though - has anything felt like as much of a heat 4 song 7 thrill ride as this did in years? Certainly not since Statements, and I think you're having to go back to when it was heat 4 song 8 and a decade before to find the next one on a level with this. Klara here maintained her commitment to looking like an absolute state every time she steps on the Melfest stage all the way to a direkt ticket to the final and a Swedish #1 hit, even if an actual tip at the crown was a bridge or five too far once the juries got involved - but my goodness, if it wasn't a tremendous load of silly old fun along the way.

Seeing this live for the first time in the Swedish Church, complete with the stream cutting out to gay shrieks for half a second halfway through, will always go down as one of my most treasured Melfest viewing experiences. Hopefully she comes back with an entry too far in a year or two to complete the set - critics be damned! :disco:

2 x 12: @VoR, @Suomi
2 x 10: @Iguana, @Music
7 x 8: @Penelope, @ButterTart, @David 5000, @Jacques, @Ill Advised, @Tetris-Rock, @FetchFugly
5 x 6: @ZenGiraffe, @dUb, @auretz, @Eyes, @Hak
4 x 4: @win_the_game, @Tisch, @Soldi, @Apoca
2 x 2: @Haiku, @Pingu
1 x 1: @Alias #23

I actually gasped when I first heard the snippet of this. I don't think I've ever gasped at anything before in my life.

1st: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer (255pts)

827aa706-c21c-47fd-a765-bd05b258dbe8.jpg

So, here it was. After years of being besmirched and lightly sniffed at - all the while still consistently scoring straight top ten results, albeit pronouncedly more jury-stacked than public-favoured - with an ever more slick parade of boys with emotions, synths, and stage productions so well put together they verged on laminated, Sweden decided to send a woman with something a little more rough around the edges (if consciously so).

It didn't quite bring the whole thing home - there was a little too much else going on, in a little too ballady a year across the board for it to do that, and the fact it wasn't able to barge its way past a gargantuan fan-driven televote for Anders Bagge to secure first on that side of the ledger too was an obvious warning shot that this wasn't headed for a Euphoria-style victory come Turin. But it did bring Sweden back into unmitigated fan affection for the first time since Undo in 2014 at least, and brought home the nation's best result at the contest proper since Måns the year after. And after all, fourth with the biggest hit of the year on home ground is nothing to be sniffed at - something Cornelia will know all too well, as someone who's experienced pop rejection too many times to count and knows what failure actually tastes like. This is what a happy ending looks like.

12 x 12: @Penelope, @win_the_game, @Jacques, @Iguana, @Soldi, @dUb, @Ill Advised, @Apoca, @Haiku, @Eyes, @Pingu, @FetchFugly
9 x 10: @Suomi, @ButterTart, @VoR, @Tisch, @auretz, @Tetris-Rock, @tr4962, @Hak, @Alias #23
2 x 8: @Christian, @Music
1 x 4: @ZenGiraffe
1 x 1: @Kratz

Last edited:
And with that, I'll leave @VoR to reveal the heat/andra chansen results - and I declare the Eurovision 2022 season, FINISHED :disco:

1st: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer (255pts)
4th: Medina - In i dimman (110pts)
5th: Tone Sekelius - My Way (82pts)
6th: Lisa Miskovsky - Best To Come (68pts)
7th: Linda Bengtzing - Fyrfaldigt hurra! (65pts)
8th: Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power (62pts)
9th: THEOZ - Som du vill (57pts)
10th: LIAMOO - Bluffin' (51pts)
11th: Malou Prytz - Bananas (48pts)
12th: Niello & Lisa Ajax - Tror du att jag bryr mig (29pts)

A big future as potential Melfest hostess very obviously awaits, but in the meantime - you'd really have to hope she's going to set about saving schlager for Gen Z in the coming years, wouldn't you?
This please! Tone would be such a natural hostess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom