Moopyfestivalen (bonus year) RETRO SPEEDRUN SPECIAL (Poll Closes Saturday 13:00 BST)

Choose your schlagerfied poison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mf90.jpg

Greetings all!

As has been pointed out to me, we have almost a week until the deadline of the current Moopyfestivalen 2021 Final (after only 7 months!). So for those of you who want something to get over and done quickly, this is for you! :beer:

I'm going to organise a one-off special in which Moopy users can revisit a MelFest from the past and have their voice shared on it. This edition will be very quick. Once the year has been decided, I will open the thread within an hour, and voting will be open until Monday/Tuesday, with swift next day results! Short and simple speedrun. :disco:

So first things first, let's select a year. And as to why these years are your options? They're the ones where I can actually find all the live performances on YouTube. :D

Det här är ditt ögonblick!

Melodifestivalen 1989
1. Lili & Susie - Okey, okey!
2. Catrin Olsson - När stormen går
3. True Blue - Jorden är din
4. Visitors & Sofia Källgren - Världen är vår
5. Eriksson-Glenmark - Upp över mina öron
6. Tommy Nilsson - En dag
7. Lisa Nilsson - Du (öppnar min värld)
8. Fingerprints - Mitt ibland änglar
9. Haakon Pedersen & Elisabeth Berg - Nattens drottning
10. Cajsa Bergström - Genom eld

Melodifestivalen 1991
1. Laila Dahl - Annie
2. Pernilla Wahlgren - Tvillingsjäl
3. Diana Nuñez - Kärlekens dans
4. John Ekedahl - Stanna du i dina drömmar
5. Jessica Wimert - Änglar
6. Towe Jaarnek -Ett liv med dej
7. Jim Jidhed - Kommer du ihåg mig?
8. Carola - Fångad av en stormvind
9. Tove Naess - Låt mig se ett under
10. Sharon Dyall - Ge mig ett svar

Melodifestivalen 2001
1. Teresia - Kom ner på jorden
2. Jan Johansen - Ingenmansland
3. Date - Om du förlåter mig
4. Rosanna - Om du var här hos mig
5. Barbados - Allt som jag ser
6. Sanna Nielsen - I går, i dag
7. Annie Kratz-Gutå - Vända om
8. Friends - Lyssna till ditt hjärta
9. Popson - Jag känner dig
10. Ellinor - Om du stannar här

• Love
Reactions: Hak

1989 has some Swedish legends in it but to my ears Lili & Susie and Haakon Pederson should have been TOP 2.

I don’t know 1991 very well but I have sat through it, along with the rest of the 90s, and I can say that as a whole that decade needs to be avoided altogether. Just dreadful! 1998 is probably the worst ever, 1999 a welcome WIND of CHANGE!

2001 was very derided in the press at the time. The feelings around this were so strong that it started the ball rolling in terms of Christer Bjorkman being called by SVT and asked if he could help them find a wider range of artists who might be interested in competing in a rebooted contest the following year. The songs themselves are very derivative of the pop music that was popular pre-9/11 and so are quite interesting from that point of view, but the actual show itself as an entertainment spectacle is poor. I love it! Ellinor Franzen is one of the all-time great lost Britney singles. Had she not been stranded in the Arctic Ocean a year later then it was her that was due to sing Runaway at Eesti Laul 2002. Sahlene dutifully stepped in….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom