MOOPYLAMB BOOK CLUB: The Meaning of Mariah Carey Part I - Wayward Child

NOT in stock in the Tesco I’m currently in, but Ant and bloody Dec have made the cut :manson:

I had a flick

I had no idea she was a burns victim :o:(

Reactions: dUb
Supermarkets never stock ANYTHING remotely worth while.

Well Part I was fantastic! Hearing her tell the story of her youth was quite MOVING really, I dunno if I’d have been quite so engrossed if I’d been reading so I’m glad I did it this way

anyway BRAVA

Last edited:
Omg I don’t think I’ve got too much left of part 1

(but I’m back on a bloody conference call :evil: )

NOT in the New Non-Fiction section of the large bookshop I am now in

Am I really going to have to ASK for it

pray 4 dUb

NOT in the New Non-Fiction section of the large bookshop I am now in

Am I really going to have to ASK for it

pray 4 dUb

And if you get down on your knees at night
And pray to the Lord
He's gonna make it happen!

Did they have it?

oh hi, can someone please scan each page individually in PDF format and then proceed to upload it on a zip file for me to download. Thanks!

I just finished the chapter on her mother, which was the best so far.

It's curious how she idealises her father, and is much more forgiving of him. I don't know whether the reference to her mother "sainting" her grandmother after she died, and her reflection that this is quite common, is an explanation for this.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the chapter on Alison.

I shouldn't understate Mariah's own involvement actually. It's not like she has a POOR VOCABULARY

I shouldn't understate Mariah's own involvement actually. It's not like she has a POOR VOCABULARY

That’s so true though. If this was a Lisa Scott-Lee autobiography, the writing would seem so ill fitting, but the language of this is actually classic Mariah in many ways.

Can we talk about the semi-gag that The Art of Letting Go may not have been entirely about Nick, but also about Pat?

I also detect a high degree of hostility towards her Irish side (for understandable reasons). Has Mariah visited Ireland extensively?

I also detect a high degree of hostility towards her Irish side (for understandable reasons). Has Mariah visited Ireland extensively?
Not at all, and I always wondered about it. I only know of two visits: the EMAs with Whitney, Missy, Mary et al and the Caution tour.

Reactions: SDF
I wonder why she's using clips of her vocals but not the music. Could it be something to do with not wanting to pay the record company?! Maybe she owns her vox?

I'm okay with stuff like that. I'm sure she's not trying to be deceptive and if I were to tell my life story I'm sure I'd misremember things all over the place

Yeah, I’m sorry but of course some of these stories won’t exactly be how they played out.

Hell I probably couldn’t give you a true account of what I did at the weekend. Just my version of events, darling. :disco:

Whoever is ultimately responsible, it really comes through in her voice (In the written version, I've not sampled the audiobook).

She's always been wonderfully articulate, hence her superb songwriting. An autobiography is not unlike a song. They're both narratives. They both use the same writing skill.

It's the book-deal editing polish that she's been given the most external help with I think

Anyways, I just finished Part 1.

It's brilliant storytelling so far, Mariah or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom