Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 2 - Estonia, Germany & Poland RESULTS

1st: Ich Troje ft. Real McCoy - Follow My Heart (212pts)
maxresdefault.jpg

Now THIS is more LIKE IT :disco:

Really, in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't you much rather have a razor blade-voiced radioactive neon dip dyed freak sending Europop with a 90s Eurodance icon rapping a load of utter nonsense over the top during the verses, given the choice either way? Apparently Europe would not, but then this is the same bastard continent that went hogwild for that Portuguese catpiss as their most popular winner of all time, so THINK ON

Anyway, another 11th place in a gargantuan semi here saw Ich Troje knocked out before the grand parade on the Saturday, although the tidings weren't strong for a much better performance than in 2003 either way in a world with two semis. Moopy takes some pity on them and gives them the Polish ticket to the semi-finals of Moopyvision 00s though, so even though they don't appear to have done much since the 00s I'm sure Ich Troje will be DELIGHTED to find out the prestigious news :)

8 x 12 (Madison, Suomi, Pingu, Kratz, David 5000, Tetris-Rock, Raining On Me, dmlaw)
2 x 1 (ButterTart, win_the_game)

Last edited:
QUALIFIER RUNNING TALLY

Round 1
Former former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: XXL - 100% te ljubam (2000)
Sweden: Charlotte Perrelli - Hero (2008)
United Kingdom: Jessica Garlick - Come Back (2002)
Round 2
Estonia: Urban Symphony - Rändajad (2009)
Germany: Texas Lightning - No No Never (2006)
Poland: Ich Troje feat. Real McCoy - Follow My Heart (2006)

2000: 1
2001: 0
2002: 1
2003: 0
2004: 0
2005: 0
2006: 2
2007: 0
2008: 1
2009: 1

Was rooting for Isis but of all the songs to beat her, I’m glad it was that one.

I think Real McCoy’s was the first album I ever bought. I usually say it was Ace of Base’s Happy Nation to sound a bit cooler but I think that’s how it went

9th: Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL - Everybody (71pts)
As viewers of the seminal BBC documentary ‘Estonia Dreams of Eurovision’ will know, the two later fell out to such a degree over their post-contest direction (Tanel saw his future in rock :DAF:) that the only time they saw each other again after this was in the opening ceremony of the following year's contest in Tallinn for a quick reprise of the chorus.
…until last night!

I don’t care what you say, I thought this was really sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom