Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 3 - Russia, Romania & Belgium RESULTS

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Time for more HOT POP NONSENSE :disco: Votes to me by PM by 2pm Sunday 24 Oct.

Russia
1920px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

MATHER RUSSIA came astonishingly strong out the gate this decade, before lapsing back into a daffy mix of drugged up local freaks, laughable attempts at aping contemporary chart trends, and the great Russian standby of the decade - self-harming emo-pop :disco: They got their gameface on big time towards the end of the decade with the introduction of Dima Bilan, before scoring their first win in 2008

2000: Alsou - Solo
2001: Mumiy Troll - Lady Alpine Blue
2002: Prime Minister - Northern Girl
2003: t.A.T.u. - Ne ver ne boysia
2004: Julia Savicheva - Believe Me
2005: Natalia Podolskaya - Nobody Hurt No One
2006: Dima Bilan - Never Let You Go
2007: Serebro - Song #1
2008: Dima Bilan - Believe
2009: Anastasia Prikhodko - Mamo

NUL POINTS

Last edited:
Romania
1920px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png

Plucky triers Romania still have yet to notch up a win, but managed to rack up their most successful run of results to date in the 00s, tallying a bronze medal, along with a 4th placer and a couple of other top tens to boot this decade. As a listening experience, bear with it - the quality takes a very swift turn for the better after the first two...

2000: Taxi - The Moon
2002: Monica Anghel & Marcel Pavel - Tell Me Why
2003: Nicola - Don't Break My Heart
2004: Sanda - I Admit
2005: Luminita Anghel & Sistem - Let Me Try
2006: Mihai Traistariu - Tornerò
2007: Todomondo - Liubi, liubi, I love you
2008: Nico & Vlad - Pe-o margine de lume
2009: Elena Gheorghe - The Balkan Girls

NUL POINTS

Belgium
1920px-Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png

Those OTHER famously plucky triers, Belgium nearly half-ass backwardsed their way into another victory near the start of this decade. Sadly, that was basically IT from them after that :D Though there's the odd real pop delight in this line-up, the Belgians had a real habit of swinging between the sublime and the hideous this decade...

2000: Natalie Sorce - Envie de vivre
2002: Sergio & The Ladies - Sister
2003: Urban Trad - Sanomi
2004: Xandee - 1 Life
2005: Nuno Resende - Le grand soir
2006: Kate Ryan - Je t'adore
2007: The KMGs - Love Power
2008: Ishtar - O julissi
2009: Copycat - Copycat

NUL POINTS

I can see a few songs in each country already that I feel OMG 12 but I know will be ousted by Moopy for the basic gay options :bruised:

Carnt say here tho x

Russia and Belgium bar the odd gem really are SHITE

What happened to Romania? They used to be so good but, barring their groundbreaking fusion of yodelling and sexual harassment in 2017, they've gone proper off the boil.

VOTED!

Russia is incredible - only one real dud. The consistency for artistic integrity is just so :disco:

…Baby One More Time followed by Rewind followed by Solo left me with a false sense of expectation that every calendar year would be blessed with an incredible minor key pop anthem. That I had to wait until Hero won Eurovision 2008 to get another one is frankly disgusting!

Bit jarring after a two weeks unexpected and unexplained break, but YES I WILL VOTE SOON.

Ok I’ll stop being pass-ag about it! But I’ll have you know I’ll have to make a space to watch these between all my other time of sitting around aimlessly (:()

Voted. Some of those Belgian songs were ROTTEN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom