Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 6 - Malta, Portugal, Bulgaria & Hungary RESULTS

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
I thought I'd be NICE to you for Christmas so here - have a load of CAMP OLD TOSH :disco: Voting closes Wednesday 29th December at 3pm

Malta

1920px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png

Essentially Europe's overenthusiastic stepchild, the 00s were by one light a step down for Malta from the consistent top ten success they'd had since their 90s return, but by another their Renaissance years, totting up two runner-up finishes - the first desperately close to boot. For my money there's a LOT to be getting on with here: this has strong chops as being one of the most poptastic rounds of all.

2000: Claudette Pace - Desire
2001: Fabrizio Faniello - Another Summer Night
2002: Ira Losco - 7th Wonder
2003: Lynn Chircop - To Dream Again
2004: Julie & Ludwig - On Again...Off Again
2005: Chiara - Angel
2006: Fabrizio Faniello - I Do
2007: Olivia Lewis - Vertigo
2008: Morena - Vodka
2009: Chiara - What If We

NUL POINTS

Last edited:
Portugal
1920px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png

The years of "will there ever be a rainbow? :(" certainly feel a lot LESS well spent now we know YES THERE WOULD EVENTUALLY BE A RAINBOW and YES IT WOULD BE SHIT and NO MALTA WOULDN'T HAVE A RAINBOW YET EITHER - but ANYWAY. Steel yourselves through the first one loves - it DOES GET BETTER, even if Portugal took a bit of time this decade to come up with the goods. Just eight entries here, Portugal obviously got themselves two relegations because of course that's how a Eurovision nation this shit rolled.

2001: MTM - Só sei ser feliz assim
2003: Rita Guerra - Deixa-me sonhar
2004: Sofia Vitória - Foi magia
2005: 2B - Amar
2006: Nonstop - Coisas de nada
2007: Sabrina - Dança comigo
2008: Vânia Fernandes - Senhora do mar
2009: Flor-de-lis - Todas as ruas do amor

NUL POINTS

Bulgaria
2560px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png

A mid-decade debutante, the Bulgaria we see here is some way from their late-10s Renaissance period: though certainly by no means free of value for that. A bumpy start saw the Bulgarians confined to the weeknight show for their first two years, before they landed on a formula that saw them send...various forms of showstoppers from there on out.

2005: Kaffe - Lorraine
2006: Marina Popova - Let Me Cry
2007: Elitsa & Stoyan - Water
2008: Deep Zone & Balthazar - DJ, Take Me Away
2009: Krassimir Avramov - Illusion

NUL POINTS

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VoR
Hungary
2560px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png

A comeback for a 90s debutant which decided to sit out the contest for six years for some reason after 1998. Their barnstorming return, alas, wasn't a precursor to much more in that vein - although they did at least have the decency to go a bit :disco: right at the end. Just the four entries here, they decided to give 2006 a miss too.

2005: NOX - Forogj, világ!
2007: Magdi Rúzsa - Unsubstantial Blues
2008: Csézy - Candlelight
2009: Zoli Ádok - Dance With Me

NUL POINTS

Happy Christmas, here is Portugal and Hungary
:StillYoung:

Malta is alright at least

The LESS said about Bulge-area the BETTER!

Happy Christmas, here is Portugal and Hungary
:StillYoung:

Malta is alright at least

The LESS said about Bulge-area the BETTER!
I will say that Hungary to these ears is HALF GAY, HALF PAY, and that Portugal were nowhere near as bad as I was expecting on the way in...

That said any pop fan that feels like Malta this decade could be described as "alright at best" needs their HEARING CHECKED - there are FIVE TWELVES IN THERE!

WHAT? Who said anything about Fab Fanny COMING LAST?! That feels like a NAILED ON fight to the death between Lynn and Chiara v3.0
But he has a penis as far as I know (someone check and send photos - I bet it has a monobrow) so he's already at an insurmountable disadvantage.

I will say that Hungary to these ears is HALF GAY, HALF PAY, and that Portugal were nowhere near as bad as I was expecting on the way in...

That said any pop fan that feels like Malta this decade could be described as "alright at best" needs their HEARING CHECKED - there are FIVE TWELVES IN THERE!
Looking at the Malta list, I retract my previous statement and FLING my wig SKYWARD!

I had really hoped Portugal had DNQd more than that.

Oh Christ there’s that Lorraine in the rain in Spain on the train song

It’s no Croatia 1995–1999 :disco:

Portugal have been a car crash Eurovision country over the years (their 90s and 10s runs were hideous, one or two entries aside), but they've taken me by surprise this week. I usually try to parcel the weaker nations out so we don't end up with one truly rum week, and they're better than I expected for the 'bad' 8+ entry nation this weak.

OH MY GOD, Malta is the country I've been anticipating most. My favourite #EurovisionAgain discovery is amongst these :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom