Moopyvision 2021 FINAL RESULTS

Did you notice any obvious tactical vote? Like very different from the semis and the final.
I didn't look too closely; it's not really against the rules if that's how people wanted to approach it.

I didn't look too closely; it's not really against the rules if that's how people wanted to approach it.
But yes there's one or two I've spotted where some of the rankings changed between rounds.

I know it's not against the rules. I personally think it's childish and embarrasing but hey, that's up to everyone.

I know it's not against the rules. I personally think it's childish and embarrasing but hey, that's up to everyone.
It doesn't really achieve much; if your tactical vote made sure an unpopular song qualified for the final when you then drop it, all it means is that a song you like is guaranteed to come at/near the bottom.

(maybe I should clarify that I can't see anything dodgy about any of Austria's semi points)

The maximum points for each song across the semis make interesting reading; I suspect we had some tactical voting at play:

Semi 1

12 - Ukraine (13), Lithuania (6), Cyprus (4), Croatia (3), Malta (3), Italy (2), Belgium (2), Azerbaijan (1), Australia (1), Norway (1)
10 - Sweden (2), Romania (2), Russia (1), Ireland (1), Netherlands (1)
08 - Israel (1)
06 - North Macedonia (1)
05 - Germany (1)
04 - Slovenia (1)

Semi 2

12 - San Marino (9), Moldova (5), France (4), Switzerland (3), Denmark (3), Serbia (2), Greece (2), Finland (2), Iceland (1), Latvia (1), Bulgaria (1), Czech Republic (1), Austria (1), Georgia (1)
10 - United Kingdom (1)
08 - Poland (1), Estonia (1)
06 - Albania (1)
05 - Spain (1)
04 - Portugal (1)

So every single qualifier in semi 2 (plus Georgia for some reason) got a 12, while Albania, which just missed out, had a lot of voters but no-one gave it above a six.

I can't help but feel TARGETED by this post. You could almost workout my votes from that. :shy:

It doesn't really achieve much; if your tactical vote made sure an unpopular song qualified for the final when you then drop it, all it means is that a song you like is guaranteed to come at/near the bottom.
Oh totally, but I saw (not on Moopy, mind you!) people giving a 0 to X to make sure their favourite win, something I can't understand, because what we are doing is finding out the favourite of Moopy (or any other forum), so trying to fix the result to make it closer to your taste... what for? It makes no sense to me. And no, I don't think that happens here, maybe some tactical vote to help a song to qualify but not something like that, thank god.

Btw as I said many times I find impossible to rank all the songs, so if I vote again it would be a similar ranking but not the same. :vomit:

I voted in a rush and realised come the results I forgot to score the SERBIAN SLUTS. I considered giving SAM TEEN the 12 but couldn’t in good conscience. I think 4 was about right considering I loved her/the performance, but it wasn’t technically a song.

It's not necessarily tactical. Mine don't exactly line up because I voted just as I was feeling on that day.

Yes, me too. My semi-final votes would have been different day-to-day, and I literally did my final votes in about two seconds when I was reminded of the deadline, so I doubt they're all that cohesive!

The lyrics replay effect this year was strong.
techni technicolour
mama mamacita
mamama mata hari
Aren't you missing a big one? :eyes:

Sort of :basil:

tenor.gif

I voted in a rush and realised come the results I forgot to score the SERBIAN SLUTS. I considered giving SAM TEEN the 12 but couldn’t in good conscience. I think 4 was about right considering I loved her/the performance, but it wasn’t technically a song.
Same. I gave nothing to Serbia when I absolutely intended to. I think it would have been 6 which feels like quite the omission. I hope they aren’t too upset.

Did you notice any obvious tactical vote? Like very different from the semis and the final.
I vote a bit different, you can call it tactical if you’d like.

In the semis I like to give points to what I call “FFFs” (Fun For Final songs). These are songs like Technicolour, Omaga, “day after hookup song”, Serbslutz and SAM TEEN. I much prefer them to qualify for legacy and future reference over decent but boringly average entries like Sweden, Albania or Greece.

At the final I don’t mind if most FFFs end up with zero vote shame :basil:

Last edited:
Maybe that one too :basil:

Love this womans face of distain!

(You're in the wrong place. You're in the wrong place)
You wake up, and you think you won't need another drink
You don't want me to smoke, though I didn't stop last na-a-a-ight, last na-a-a-ight
You get up 'cause you need an organic cup of tea
You put a record on, it makes you think about last na-a-a-ight, last naaaaaaiiight

You confuse me with your blurry eyes
Thought you were a different kind of guy
That's why, I took you to my messy place
But it felt as if we were in a different space
(You're in the wrong place)

You're lying next to me, I don't know where to hide
I see his smiley face that makes me wanna cry
What was I thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom