Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
Does anyone plan on watching this? :eyes:

looks awful. And there's this:

Good. Maybe next time let Marvel make a Marvel film, silly Sony they can never get it right.

Last edited:
I'm ASTONISHED that this movie has been delayed and the release date pushed back so many times that they didn't do any reshoots. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

The movie was like Venom's humourless older brother. It was dark and dreary and the only saving grace was Matt Smith, who was fabulously absurd.

Leto is woeful, as was Tyrese Gibson, but it's not exactly a stretch for either of them. A very generous 4, because it's not as bad as The Nan Movie.

The post credit scene was intriguing, hopefully lessons can be learned before
the Sinister Six movie is released.

17% on Rotten Tomatoes.
4896.jpg

I've actually decided to skip this. Funnily enough, I saw Sonic The Hedgehog 2 yesterday - out of curiosity I checked the screenings for some of them. Sonic 2 was sold out of its 4DX showings, packed full for various others and Morbius had barely sold 10 tickets per screening total for peak times on a Saturday :o Not that my one venue is an indication of the nation, but could be a sign.

I've actually decided to skip this. Funnily enough, I saw Sonic The Hedgehog 2 yesterday - out of curiosity I checked the screenings for some of them. Sonic 2 was sold out of its 4DX showings, packed full for various others and Morbius had barely sold 10 tickets per screening total for peak times on a Saturday :o Not that my one venue is an indication of the nation, but could be a sign.
Jordan North gatecrashed a screening of Morbius last night on Saturday Night Takeaway to surprise someone, not even a quarter full. :o

what an achievement for Leto to be part of both the worst DC movie AND the worst Marvel movie.

I don’t think Suicide Squad is the worst DC movie (not with Man of Steel and BVS around) but he is a pox upon humanity and the film industry.

Jared Leto continuing to get these big opportunities when he has multiple underage sex allegations AND literally runs a cult is definitely a check for the 'cancel culture isn't real' box, isn't it :tongueout:

This whole Sony Marvel thing is so weird, they only have the rights to the Spider-Man related characters and they're absolutely determined to make it into a shared cinematic universe. As well as more villain-focused films eventually leading to a Sinister Six team-up, they're also apparently developing the thrilling likes of Madame Web and a prequel about young Aunt May :goodgrief: Surely apart from Venom it'll all be diminishing returns from here on...

The most interesting thing about Morbius is that in the Nineties Spider-Man cartoon, they weren't allowed to have him be an actual vampire that bit people... so they gave him these HAND HOLES to "extract plasma" instead:
DguIC2dUYAEv-KK.jpg

I think those are more disturbing!

This film 100% felt like it had been re-written 8-10 times minimum. Just utterly nonsensical garbage.

The sole redeeming features were a) Matt Smith being ridiculous and b) that it was under 2 hours.

The most interesting thing about Morbius is that in the Nineties Spider-Man cartoon, they weren't allowed to have him be an actual vampire that bit people... so they gave him these HAND HOLES to "extract plasma" instead:
DguIC2dUYAEv-KK.jpg

I think those are more disturbing!
I couldn't agree more. Poor 10 year old me who watched that.

Anyways, I'm so happy this is flopping.

this is not flopping. surprisingly it actually took $39m US and $84m globally this weekend, on a small budget of $75m, so it's well on track to make a decent profit.

what an achievement for Leto to be part of both the worst DC movie AND the worst Marvel movie.
In fairness, if you count the cinematic release of the first episode of that horrible Inhumans tv series, it’s not the worst Marvel movie either.

I'm sorry they're really scraping the barrel at this point. Who the fuck is MORBIUS?

this is not flopping. surprisingly it actually took $39m US and $84m globally this weekend, on a small budget of $75m, so it's well on track to make a decent profit.

thing is, it's not flopping but reviews so far have been dismal :o

So apparently all the memes about this over the past couple of weeks led Sony to put it back into over a thousand cinemas in the US this weekend.

And it's BOMBED again :basil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom