Morrissey's Adventures In Racism

I quite liked "Enoch Take A Bow" but I wasn't sure it was sufficiently expressive.

This will be the first Morrissey album that I will not only not buy but I also will actively exercise complete and utter PERSONAL BLACKOUT on.

Well the For Britain debacle has passed the rest of the world by, so Americans such as Billie Joe Armstrong weren’t aware of his latest far-right japes - they just thought “oh that dude from the Smiths, cool!” Hardly trickery, they should have done their homework.

They were tricked in exactly the same way that R.Kelly's collaborators were tricked i.e. Should have known better.

I see.

There are a few pockets of resistance but it will be interesting to see if this new album of his is actually harmed in any way. Whilst it's a covers album and therefore a fanbase-only concern, Moz has been a fanbase-only concern for a couple of decades (with the exception of "You Are The Quarry" - there was a genuine buzz about the album because he'd been away for so long and the first two singles were properly great) so sales shouldn't be too far off that of the last one.

Time will tell.

He's such a cunt now.

1 - being interviewed by a relative. I don't think even Michael Jackson stooped to that.
2 - "you just can't express racist views these days without someone calling you a racist" - TIT.

Can we move this thread to the Pop Toilet in fact? I shudder to think about him. He disgusts me.

When did his utter cuntdom start seeping out?

As somebody who has enjoyed - and related to - his music over the years, I have been quite disturbed by his descent into full blown right wing reactionary territory. But the more I think about it, his lyrics - excellent as they have been in his prime - pretty much all do come from a place of self pity, which totally lines up with him developing a classic white victim complex as he's gotten older. Or perhaps he was always like this and he's just more exposed now that there's more media scrutiny and he hasn't written a decent song in over a decade.

Morrissey's tragedy is all over his dreadful autobiography. The only part of his life he values has been his youth. He has lived a very privileged life with commercial success hitting his first proper band almost immediately. Reading his book, you would think that it was all downhill after The Smiths signed their record deal (or rather, two of them did, which would come back to bite Moz on the arse). He has fallen into the classic right wing trap of fetishising his youth, the period of his life where he knew least about the world and didn't have to deal with much beyond his own bubble - save for school, which is awful for virtually everyone. He lives his life in constant review, obsessed with a selective sepia memory of a life "before" - "before" what? "before" everything. In the book he just blames and blames and blames others for his own unhappiness and as his circle has grown smaller and smaller, he has run out of people to blame and has focused on how awful the whole world is.

It is classic reactionary, rose-tinted, "the good ol' days" bullshit and he's a massive fucking dick for falling for it.

Here's today's piece of absolute lunacy. Morrissey signing copies of other people's albums and selling them for $300!!

morrissey_albums_signed_merch_hollywood_bowl.jpg

The hubris!!

Just wanted to say I thought Morrissey was a cunt before it was cool.

His journey from "a bit of a fanny" to "cunt" is so fullsome that he could probably start doing surgery for MTF transfolx.

Here's today's piece of absolute lunacy. Morrissey signing copies of other people's albums and selling them for $300!!

morrissey_albums_signed_merch_hollywood_bowl.jpg

The hubris!!
Jesus F***ing Christ! It's bad enough that he ruined his OWN music for me now he has to ruin THEIRS as well? :manson:

The new album tracklisting reads like it was hatched by The Onion.

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

"What Kind Of People Live In These Houses" feels like it could be a problem, eh?

I must say this thread prompted me to play ‘California Son’again....and I liked it.

His missive is very Trumpian...

Em9otXZXcAAW_mw

#1 in Scotland - that's a right brasser, that is. But it's very Trump: #1 IN POLAND! #3 IN FRANCE! BUT DROPPED?!!! STOLEN RECORD DEAL! WILL NOT CONCEDE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom