Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COB

The ⭐ 👹
New adaptation of the famous videogame series:

I'm of the generation for whom the 1995 film version is pretty iconic (despite actually being quite RUBBISH even at the time), so I'm probably going to give this a watch. They've certainly got the look of most of the characters down pretty well!

It looks alright but I need it to be campy. I don’t want a serious Mortal Kombat movie.

Striker is one of the worst characters

Dead

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-invite-chun-li-to-the-mortal-kombat-1846300631

2-D983-FCF-BEA4-4912-865-D-D4566-BB58354.png

0-FD62-C8-E-1-DE9-4-C99-983-F-5-F2835265014.png

I think I’m gonna spend tomorrow rewatching Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter :disco:

Reactions: COB
I've never been massively into Mortal Kombat as a series but that trailer looks properly ace. If it was a Street Fighter version in the same vein i'd massively fanboy over it.

This was dumb af. There's basically no story, but the fight scenes were fun.

Best part was Scorpion showing up from nowhere, doing his "Get over here!" and then vomiting all over Subzero :disco:

6/10. Which is generous tbh

God this was dull, why do they make these movies and take all the camp out. Lewis Tan is lovely to look at but I did not give a shit about his family and the actress playing Sonya was atrocious.

It’s just disappointing.

@Moderator can we please have a poll?

Oh I liked Sonya. I thought the actress did a good job with how little story and development she was given.

I remember sneaking in to the original as a 13 year old, we had to buy tickets for a PG film playing at the same time and it was fun but pure cheese. (The orbital ‘halcyon’ outro gives me chills (see also Mean Girls)

I wasn’t expecting much from this, especially since video game cum movie adaptions in the last 25 years have been rather shite (especially after just seeing the woeful monster Hunter 🤬) however I really loved it!!

I’m so glad they went for gore & fights over camp. Also the lack of actual tournament and Johnny Cages omission wasn’t that big a deal.

Yeah I liked the tragic part when Subzero froze Ajax' arms off.

Mehcad Brooks is suuuuuper good looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom