MP's that are popular in their constituencies

So the whip being drawn from Tory MP's this week has got me thinking if any would be re-elected against a Conservative candidate if they stand as an independent, which lead to broader thoughts of which MP's are seemingly beloved by their constituencies.

The three that immediately sprung to mind were -

Ken Clarke (Rushcliffe Nottinghamshire) - He's absolutely loved locally, and I could definitely see him retaining his seat if he stood again as an indie.
Diane Abbott (Hackney & Stoke Newington, London) - Won by a huge landslide at last GE, and is a genuine local hero/fashion icon even if nationally she's diversive.
Caroline Lucas (Brighton Pavillion) - Surely it would be a huge shock for her to lose her seat. Seemingly far more influential than her ENTIRE PARTY, and has a much bigger voice in Parliament than her 1 seat for Greens suggests.

Are there ANY MORE?

Hilary Benn is my local MP. I'm not sure you'd call him 'beloved', but he's certainly one of Labour's most well-respected MPs across the board and I'd be very surprised if he lost his seat even with the youth backlash against Labour's Brexit prevaricating.

I would *love* if this election saw the downfall of some major Tory players. I mean I'm sure they're all in safe seats but how does ANYONE vote for Jacob Rees Mogg with a straight face?

Mark Francois would be a delicious culling too. Sadly he seems to be another who's installed in an unassailable Tory stronghold.

The question of personality VS party will be REALLY interesting at the next election.

Philip Hammond has been his local Tory MP for 23 (?) years now. It's a Conservative stronghold - if he's forced to stand as an independent would people vote for him because he's Philip Hammond, or would they vote Tory instead..?

Oh Caroline ain't leaving Brighton through anything but her choice. She has 50% of the vote. Plus she's always seemed quite lovely.

I would *love* if this election saw the downfall of some major Tory players. I mean I'm sure they're all in safe seats but how does ANYONE vote for Jacob Rees Mogg with a straight face?
Have you ever been to North East Somerset?

Kate Hoey consistently being voted in for Vauxhall Labour is another interesting one, although I'm lead to believe that she's actually a pretty good MP on a local level.

This was also pretty fun:

THANGAM's got a MASSIVE MAJORITY :ken:

My current MP seems to be quite WELL-REGARDED, unlike the previous two who were both MUCH DERIDED

THANGAM's got a MASSIVE MAJORITY :ken:

My current MP seems to be quite WELL-REGARDED, unlike the previous two who were both MUCH DERIDED

I think the boundary changes helped Thangam.

I suspect the Tories were happy to write her seat off, increasing her majority, but also increasing the likelihood of them winning the neighbouring seat.

God Hoey did win by miles in 2017. Was it as obvious at the time what a toxic old freak she is?

She's obviously going to stand for the Brexit party so that could be a scary one.

God Hoey did win by miles in 2017. Was it as obvious at the time what a toxic old freak she is?

She's obviously going to stand for the Brexit party so that could be a scary one.

That was post-Farage-Boat-gate..!
It will be REALLY interesting to see if her votes were begrudging London Labour votes with no other option than to vote for her, or genuine HOEY disciples.

I think Vauxhall would just go to Labour whoever is standing, but YOU NEVER KNOW

I've got SIR Graham Brady as my MP, he's been in his seat since 1997 or some shit, but the local labour candidate was only a few thousand votes away last time around.

I don't think my MP Will Quince is beloved by anyone including his wife and kids. His main aspiration is to get onto BGT as he's a tenor or some shit. He's never succeeded. I really hope as reported the Lib Dems are set to reclaim from 3rd place.

My neighbouring MPs are Priti Patel and Bernard Jenkins. So they can fuck off and die.

I'm very much the filling in a Thangam/Rees-Mogg sandwich.

I'm on the borders of Dawn Butler and Barry Gardiner. Could be worse, though not the biggest fan of Butler's nonsense about women in the workplace this week.

My local MP is a Labour Backbencher called Rachel Maskell. She pulled 65% of the vote in the last election so can reasonably assume she's relatively popular.

However she's very much on the left of the party which riles some people. And he recent outing as a pro-life Christian has lost her a few fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom