MUNA - Silk Chiffon ft. Phoebe Bridgers

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

The video is a joy (Phoebe sitting conducting them scrubbing the floor :disco: ) and the song is bright and breezy.

Those crunchy guitars on this Phoebe person's verse! :disco:

While the chorus is lovely and wafty and wistful, I find it a little bit lacking but overall it's great yes muna up

I love this song very very much. I actually think it's a (much) better lead than Number One Fan and am pleased to report it's doing great on Spotify. the chorus fills me with ABSOLUTE WARMTH.

Reactions: dUb
SIIIIIIILLLLLLLKKKKKK!
chiffon.

5dd8c3ef3f761c82cca4817068a52e1d12ed1866.gifv

• Love
Reactions: COB
Did we know they'd been dropped? 🥴

Silk Chiffon has done marvellously though and who needs major labels these days anyway :hafo:

Bits about the new album:

With “Silk Chiffon” as the first statement of intent for this new era of MUNA, next year holds the promise of their third record. “I can’t help but feel the inherent pressure of this record, if I’m being honest” Gavin confesses. “It feels like ‘Silk’ has been a career-defining moment for us, and I’ve felt a definitive shift since that song came out. In that way, it feels like we’re making our first record. It’s a bit of a re-introduction.”

As for the album itself: “It’s categorically MUNA, in that you’re going to get a lot of songs that are seemingly belonging to different genres,” explains Gavin. “But I would say the only through line is that kind of self-assuredness that I think is in ‘Silk Chiffon’. The songs on this record seem to be dealing with different questions of desire, and ownership of that – whether that’s desire for a specific person, or a fun night, or a desire for freedom and to leave a relationship.”

But one thing they don’t want you to think is that “Silk Chiffon”, with its carefree frivolity, means that MUNA are leaving behind their ability to lay down an emotional sucker-punch. “There’s really only a limited supply of levity we can offer,” Gavin laughs. “Don’t think we’re not gonna smack you in the face again – because we will.”

a little LIGHT on the debut era but still envious of anyone who seems them live since they're life-changing by all accounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom