'Music' appreciation thread

I like to singy singy singy...

• Total voters
can this be merged with the other thread where this was posted yesterday (as in posts from that thread merged into this one)? @Moderator

How annoying that they completely glossed over the best song on the damned album, "Paradise (Not For Me)".
Probs because I suppose it was technically an add-on from Production.
But yeah
Annoying.

The outtakes are also a strong showing:

Always have, always will, absolutely surrender my imagination to What it feels like for a girl - gets me every time, every version.

I actually came here just to post Run.

Having re listened to those I would have rearranged the Music campaign THUS:

SINGLES
1. Music (B-sides: remixes)
2. Don't Tell Me (B-side: 'Amazing' + remixes)
3. What It Feels Like for a Girl (B-side: Like An Angel Passing Through My Room + remixes)
4. Impressive Instant (B-side: 'Cyberraga' + remixes)

ALBUM TRACKLIST:
1. Music
2. Impressive Instant
3. Runaway Lover
4. I Deserve It
5. Liquid Love
6. Nobody Deserves It
7. Don't Tell Me
8. What It Feels Like (For A Girl)
9. Paradise (Not For Me)
10. Arioso
11. Gone

12. American Pie [fun for Europe bonus track]
13. Run [Bonus track for Japan]

Et voila. 💅

I know that 'Arioso' is thematically too Ray of Light-ish and the instrumentation is as well but I love it so much. One of her best lost tracks.

I absolutely detest her version of Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

SACRILEGE! Imagine even going near covering the final song on the final ABBA album* and especially a song like THAT

*What’s that I hear you say? Voyage? I don’t know her :)

(Little Girl sounds nice though)

I absolutely detest her version of Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

SACRILEGE! Imagine even going near covering the final song on the final ABBA album* and especially a song like THAT

*What’s that I hear you say? Voyage? I don’t know her :)

(Little Girl sounds nice though)
I actually totally forgot all about Voyage, and thought you were going to refer to the bonus tracks being lumped on to the end of The Visitors, which completely ruin the impact of Like An Angel Passing Through My Room.

I don't dislike Madonna's version of it, but I think leaving it off the album was probably wise.

Have been listening to this in the gym this morning and every song has presented itself in the best possible way. It’s all the ”electronic” sounds combined with her melancholic vocals that do it for me. :disco:

And I have to say that it’s only WIFLFAG that drags on and on.

Have been listening to this in the gym this morning and every song has presented itself in the best possible way. It’s all the ”electronic” sounds combined with her melancholic vocals that do it for me. :disco:

And I have to say that it’s only WIFLFAG that drags on and on.
SAMBA SAMBA SAMBA
AH
AH
AH
AH
AH
AH
AH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Amazing is one of the worst things she’s ever done.

It’s twee, she whines on it, the chorus is rubbish, and it is entirely a lukewarm rip off of Beautiful Stranger whilst removing all the fun that piece of joy had.

Thank god she vetoed it as a single.

I don't think it's necessarily one of her worst songs judged alone, but in context it's utterly half arsed and lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom