My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

Has Kandi been bandied about?

I don't watch Atlanta but I've seen lots of the compilation videos and she comes across as smart, down-to-earth but sassy and in control enough, which Wurst tends to respect as qualities?

I like Kandi a lot and she’s probably up there with Bethenny as the most successful business woman out of the housewives.

Unfortunately she’s currently in the dog house for going on a tirade because a chick-fil-A employee didn’t say thank you when she picked up her order.

I love and respect Kandi, and she totally owns her place as the REAL QUEEN of Atlanta...but am I fuck bothering to write out an extended think-piece on her :D

Nothing about her excites me in the slightest - it is lovely to see her constantly win though.

Y'all ready to get MESSY? :disco:

10: Gizelle Bryant (and Robyn Dixon) - Real Housewives of Potomac

giphy.gif

78f6e50a-331b-44d4-8196-7f9a56add3be-gizelle-rhop-word-on-the-street.gif

gizelle-bryant-gif-2.gif

6ed9683e7d41bee734eaa2a17099f2ae.gif

I'm going to start THIS write up with the unusual choice of STARTING with a Housewives highlights :D
NOTHING describes Gizelle better than SEEING our favourite green eyed bandit in action. If you're unfamiliar with Potomac, please watch this below it's FIVE MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE! and it really helps set the tone :disco:

"You went so low I couldn't even get a broom to sweep you up" :D

WHERE and HOW did they find Gizelle :D
Truly an incredible reality tv find, and whether you LIKE HER or NOT - absolutely one of the main reasons (along with L'Dame and a lesser extent Ashley and Monique) why Potomac has gone from strength to strength, and is now generally seen as a GOD TIER Housewives franchise.

Gizelle to me for most of her FIVE SEASON blaze of messy semi-glory almost feels laboratory bred to be a Housewife.
More than anybody I can think of from any franchise she consistently hits all the right notes:
DRAMA: she got it
CONFESSIONALS: on lock
SHADE: she's a HUMAN PARASOL
DEPTHS TO PLUNGE: unlimited
MESSINESS: sheesh. Gizelle is possibly the MESSIEST Housewife of ALL TIME. Your business is HER BUSINESS, and you better believe if you're on the show that if your name isn't Robyn she will be meddling in it AT SOME POINT.

Potomac-Tagline-Robyn-Dixon.gif

tenor.gif

Robyn appears here by sympathetic adjacency to Gizelle. In her OWN RIGHT Robyn probably isn't a top 31 Housewife of all time - although I do have a huge soft spot for her - but as Gizelle's RIGHT HAND WOMAN, Greek chorus and BFF I might as well BUNDLE HER IN as they come as a somewhat combined package. In many ways Robyn's place in the Potomac cast has helped bolster and give on-screen support to Gizelle's MESSY WAYS, and to Robyn's credit she's really come into her own recently. I would probably go as far as to say that TAX PROBLEMS ASIDE, she's been a SHINING LIGHT of unintentional hilarity and voice of reason during season 5.

I honestly don't know where to START with Gizelle :D What a ridiculous, but somehow lovable human being
1.gif

Gizelle and L'DAME KAREN HUGER are the ULTIMATE frenemies of the Housewives franchise.
Kim and Nene, Gina and Janet, Ramona and Bethenny, Tamra and Vicki, Kim Richards and her sister: NONE of them have anything on Gizelle and Karen.
3a94c513f4117050e88f0128f80d985b.gif

Friends before the show, they have spent five entire seasons BICKERING AWAY and throwing perfectly pointed shade at each other both in-person AND via confessionals to really most hysterical results.

tenor.gif

Gizelle and Karen together are PURE CAMP. Karen SAGING her (rented) home before Gizelle comes over, Gizelle and the green-eyed bandits trundling over disguised as pizza delivery people to see if Karen lives where she says she does, the LUDICROUS FIGHT in the Cayman Islands cast trip hotel lobby - the show has a LONG HISTORY of hysterical scenes between these two women, yet at the crux of all of it is some sort of BEATING HEART where you can tell there is some semblance of care and affection towards each other.

Rather than REAL FRENEMIES fighting on screen, if often feels like a pair of slightly estranged sisters going through the motions of life, and their undeniable chemistry makes great TV. I truly believe if either of them left Potomac as a show would truly suffer as a result, and frequently as the show has recently honed in more of the OTHER frenemies of Potomac - Monique and Candiace - I do feel it suffers a little as a whole. For me Gizelle IS THE SHOW, probably more so than Karen, and whenever she gets relegated the quality dips a little.

The legendary MIME SCENE probably shows their relationship off best, where they are SQUABBLING AWAY at each other over something or the other, and a MIME randomly interrupts the whole scene. :D
Seeing the two of them try to keep it together through somewhat BIZARRE circumstances is really appealing, and shows off their natural chemistry together.

I should also mention here there's been multiple REDDIT SIGHTINGS of Gizelle and Karen shooting fights in restaurants in the Potomac/Washington DC area and then carrying on and laughing/having a drink together afterwards once the fight scene is shot. No matter what happens, it never truly feels THAT DEEP with them both. You see this also at the season 3 (?) reunion, where Gizelle goes to comfort an upset Karen who has left the set in tears.

Gizelle's MESSIEST MOMENT OF ALL TIME however comes from Karen's LEGENDARY "press conference".
For reasons that I CAN'T EXPLAIN right now I'm not going to go TOO DEEP on it (:eyes:) but Gizelle walking out with a t-shirt saying "Free Uncle Ben" (Karen's husband is a DEAD RINGER) was a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of mess for the Housewives franchise.
rhop-tee-shirt-poll-promote.jpg

180413_3701701_Gizelle_Bryant_s_Hashtags_Go_Way_Wrong_for_K.jpg

avatars-000267113335-5jpj3x-t500x500.jpg

Gizelle's OTHER big frenemy, or let's be honest: ENEMY of Potomac is the visually STUNNING Monique.

tenor.gif

Monique was added to the cast in season 2, and is RICH RICH RICH and knock-out beautiful - OBVIOUSLY Gizelle HATES HER from the second they meet, but sadly for Gizelle the hate seems unjustified.
Gizelle's dislike of Monique comes across as PURE JEALOUSY and if rumours are true, this jealousy could be Gizelle's undoing at the season 5 reunion. It's almost a shame I'm writing this now, as opinions on Gizelle could possibly change QUITE SUBSTANTIALLY in 5 weeks time. It's been rumoured Gizelle has been spreading MARRIAGE RUINING rumours about Monique as the WORD ON THE STREET, and its likely to all come out at the reunion in a typically ugly and messy fashion - but we SHALL SEE!
I quite like Monique as a Housewife, but her MLM-essential-oil-peddling ways prevent me from truly loving her and something is OFF about her marriage. Run Monique, run.

giphy.gif

More Gizelle thoughts:
- Season 5 hasn't been her best. She's been FORCING her poor daughters out on camera through the season as she tries to forge some GROSS (fake?) ROMANCE again with their father Pastor Jamal. I've mentioned it several times in the other thread, but it's UNCOMFORTABLE, unpleasant to watch, and her daughters will NEVER FORGIVE HER. She didn't even NEED this storyline anyway, Gizelle just being herself is more than entertaining enough to watch.
- Gizelle recently turning up with SECURITY GUARD as the women interrogate Monique post Candiace-dragging was in retrospect HILARIOUS, and Gizelle at her stunt-worthy messy BEST.
- Gizelle is notably the WORST DRESSED HOUSEWIFE of ALL TIME! Her style is horrific, and she is dragged by her cast mates and THE INTERNET on the regular for it. PLEASE POST EXAMPLES of Gizelle's FABULOUSLY hideous outfits below if you can be bothered. For such a beautiful, beautiful woman she really doesn't seem to understand how to make the most of herself.
- Speaking of beauty, not that it matters at all, but I'd honestly rank Robyn and Gizelle as two of the most naturally beautiful Housewives OF ALL. When they get it right, they really are truly stunning. Enjoy a weird gif where Robyn looks SHIT THE BED STUNNING below
tenor.gif

- I do really love Robyn. She brings a calm, down to earth sense to the show, and I like how self-deprecating she can be. Girl needs to learn to live WITHIN HER MEANS and set an alarm before a flight though.

Want more mess? Here's more Gizelle FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

CoarseThoseDassierat-small.gif

rhop-supertease-gizelle-hand-gesture.gif

PLEASE express your favourite/messiest Gizelle moments, gifs, quotes and arguments below, and if you haven't watched Potomac yet: make it a priority. NEXT!

49okay.gif

Last edited:
Gizelle. I'm not a fan, but she's essential to Potomac. She's the epitome of a love-to-hate Housewife. Up there with Ramona Singer in terms of being disgusted by her behaviour, but not wanting her to leave the show - ever.

I think she's more bearable than she would otherwise be, because so many of the other ladies in Potomac are witty enough to square up to her - and she gives them the ammo to do it with, too :D

God I can't wait for this reunion.

I can't believe I omitted Heather Dubrow from my Top 10 predictions. :o

It'll either be her or Luann at number 1.

I LIVE for Gizelle. I honestly think she's one of the best looking women across all the franchises. If she'd hire a stylist, she'd be near perfect but her outfits/house decor are a disaster. She's messy as fuck but knows it. And I love the squabbling between her and the Grand Dame.

Best quote - To Monique on the France trip: "You tried to take a shot and you missed. I don't miss. I'm a ninja waiting in the cut to blow your face off"

Love a bit of MESSY GIZELLE but I'll always be TEAM GRANDE DAME naturally. Their lovehate/frenemy relationship is everything.

Gizelle is RHOP and I hope she never leaves.

Never forget that she instigated the Day of our KNIVES fight :disco:

Gizelle is basically responsible for EVERY FIGHT on Potomac isn't she :D
I can see her and Karen squabbling away together until the day they die :D Some things will never change.

I did like that in season 5 despite them canonically being ENEMIES at that point on the show (I think? WHO KNOWS!), Gizelle went back home with Karen to meet her family and watch her HUGER PARADE. That was cute...until Gizelle then chose to drag Karen about all of it in confessionals :D

Last edited:
I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with Gizelle but the fact that she’s always willing to go there makes her essential. I like how much she calls Karen out, and would hate if evil Monique takes her down in the reunion as is being rumored.

Robyn I’ve loved since day one, she’s a mess as are her finances but she’s beautiful and so is her husband. The short hair was one of the best things she’s done.

It’s one of her better efforts

Also I would like to mention Kal, Gizelle’s GBFF who’s cute and seems to be a good friend to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom