My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

AUCKLAND QUEENS! My fave YouTube channel has made a LOUISE compilation video :D :disco:

Her tagline (that opens the video) possibly remains the greatest of ALL TIME, and it covers her reaction to Angela Stone's book launch.
I may have applauded to her fantastic reaction to RACIST JULIA too, which I don't remember at all from my original watch :disco:

Louise was excluded from this countdown to prevent AUCKLAND OVERKILL, but she'd probably easily slip in at about number 36 on an extended version :D

The footage here from Angela Stone's book launch is something else. What an ODD woman :disco:

Despite the Vicki write up having to be split into TWO POSTS, I still feel I've only just scratched the surface :D
By ALL MEANS add in your own worst/best Vicki moments, quotes and GIFs :D

What an icon of on-screen TERROR!
giphy.gif

Vicki’s exit was so undignified, production must have despised her by the end. Also no mention of her peeing herself multiple times when drunk. She’s the embodiment of the white trashy American.

Vicki’s exit was so undignified, production must have despised her by the end. Also no mention of her peeing herself multiple times when drunk. She’s the embodiment of the white trashy American.

This vid is just for you x

I am GAGGED the HIGH-ART of Vicki's Iceland HOSPITAL EMERGENCY isn't a standalone YouTube video! It's such a comedy classic :D
vicki-bathrobe-min.jpg

"Does she think she's Michael Jackson?" :D

Never mind the bundle-into-the-ambulance SHEET REMOVAL, where Vicki is revealed to look JUST LIKE a slab of BOILED HAM :disco:

GOD do you remember all the rumours about Season 12 of OC. My favourite being that Vicki’s hospital drama in Iceland was a heart attack as the result of Shannon screaming at her :D

I think we need a "Who's your favorite Housewife?" Poll extravaganza after this countdown.

Where to even start with the absolute monster that is Vicki? :D

In the early seasons it was the way she spoke to and treated Donn that really showed her up for what a despicable person she is. That, coupled with how intrusive she was into her grown-up kids' lives. And that weird obsession she had with reminding everyone she had a job, and shaming anyone who didn't. I'm sure at least 50% of her confessionals in the first half of the show's run were peppered with either "these ladies don't work", "get a job", or "how are you gonna survive in this economy without a job"! And then there was her insisting on bringing her LAPTOP along to most limo rides with the other women - "I have to work"!

In the later seasons, she'll be best remembered as being the untrustworthy, flip-flopping hypocrite. Alligning herself to an outsider (Alexis, Kelly) any time Tamra and the main cast didn't want anything to do with her, and then dropping them as soon as Tamra would welcome her into the fold again. The whole Brooks thing and the toxic fall-out with Shannon, further solidifying her reputation as the absolute worst :zombie:

One bizarre thing about Vicki that I never see discussed is just how rubbish she is at reunions (though the only OC reunion I've yet to see is the infamous season 14 one that Our Wurst mentions, which changes all that). She sits there, head held high, blank expression on her face, just nodding along solemnly at whatever shit is being thrown at her. Andy did once allude to her taking a xanax before one reunion, but it must be before every reunion - and at regular intervals throughout the day. She gives us next to nothing!

While we're on the subject of Vicki, I can't not mention one of the most shocking things I've ever watched on any of these shows. The way Briana's husband spoke to Lydia's mother that time. He got away far too lightly with that, and it's her defense of him at the reunion that tarnishes Briana's reputation as otherwise being a saint.

I think it's such a shame that OC will never be able to have the iconic status that some of the other shows do. I've seen lots of people get into Housewives this year because Netflix bought the first couple of seasons of BH, NYC and ATL. And then people have gone on to Potomac, Melbourne etc - shows that hit just as hard as those three, straight away. But OC is such a different show until about season 4 or 5. It was the very last one I started, after even all of the international ones. And it's only because I'm a Housewives loon and knew hints of what was to come, that I was able to sit through those first three seasons. I can't see many of the new, casual Housewives fans making it past three of four episodes of season 1.

Seasons 6 to 11 of OC are so much better than anything BH has done beyond season 3. But the likes of Heather, Alexis and Shannon will never have the legacy that Dorit, Erika and Rinna currently enjoy.

Outside of this countdown, that is!

OMG @Will and these FABULOUS responses <3

HOW DID I MISS the laptop in the LIMO? :D One of the weirdest Vicki work moments is when they are on a trip, and she has to walk across a zipline or something similar up high and Vicki starts screeching "I JUST WANT TO BE BACK AT WORK, I MISS COTO INSURANCE" (or something similar) :D

Never mind when she decides to tell the poor girl being used as a LIVING SUSHI PLATTER that "she can do better than this, get a real job...it's not too late" :D HORRIBLE!

I was going to mentioned Briana's awful TRUMP FANATIC husband, but it would have veered a bit too off track. He really is VILE, and brings her down. Briana is better at being a Housewife than most of the current cast - if only she was significantly more GLAM and FAB!

I'd say the Heather Dubrow seasons AT LEAST are absolute Housewives essentials. I've had a real fondness for MAD SHANNON recently. Although she seems to have suddenly morphed into a grandma on the most recent season. She definitely seems like the oldest Housewife currently in rotation.

Oh and yes @Phoenix, I also missed the fun for all the family this is Vicki's INCONTINENCE.

That time she was sat on the hotel bed in a LEATHER MINI SKIRT, gets up to walk out the room and there's a SOPPING WET PUDDLE OF PISS on the bed :eyes::zombie:

GOD do you remember all the rumours about Season 12 of OC. My favourite being that Vicki’s hospital drama in Iceland was a heart attack as the result of Shannon screaming at her :D

OMG I didn't follow that season live, but really wish I had done :D

I can't even imagine the high gay drama reveal that the HEART ATTACK was actually just a HANGOVER! :D

The emergency services staff will have been even more pissed off with her than we were. The hotel they stayed at is a NINETY minute drive to the capital. She will have wasted so much of their time that day. And then to go back to the hotel and start drinking again like nothing happened, just adds insult to (non)injury.

Truly a horrid, selfish troll of a person :D

The emergency services staff will have been even more pissed off with her than we were. The hotel they stayed at is a NINETY minute drive to the capital. She will have wasted so much of their time that day. And then to go back to the hotel and start drinking again like nothing happened, just adds insult to (non)injury.

Truly a horrid, selfish troll of a person :D

God that hotel was HIDEOUS, not to mention QUITE RACIST with its AFRICAN TRIBE and PAN-ASIAN themed rooms that came complete with Japanese GETA SANDALS :zombie:

The women of course act like it's all absolutely amazing :D The Antarctica room looks like the cheapest, tackiest SHED of a suite I've EVER SEEN! :D

Oh and as an aside, here's Briana tearing into Brooks at the reunion. This really feels more like THERAPY than Housewives. Amazing there was an ENTIRE SEASON between this and the cancer scam.

WHO did FancyPants' make up that day? :D BLUE DRAG QUEEN EYESHADOW doesn't really go with CRAZY EYES and a NUDE LIP

Well ELECTION DAY feels perfectly correct to dip into this occasional SUB STRAND of this countdown :eyes:

My most hated Housewives #2: Siggy Flicker - The Real Housewives of New Jersey
b-5.jpg

I'm going to TRY and keep this brief (:eyes:) as SIGGY is absolutely the type to google her own name and possibly stumble across this, and I don't want to give her the satisfaction of having a Vicki Gunvalson-esque novel written up about her as part of this thread.

Siggy is possibly POSSIBLY my most hated Housewife of all time. Whilst previous mention in this MOST HATED HOUSEWIFE strand (Atlanta's Cynthia) I don't really hate at all, Siggy is genuinely RAGE INDUCING!

tenor.gif

Siggy was introduced to NJ in season 7 which I haven't watched IN FULL so I won't be pulling much comment from her first run, but I'm lead to believe she was actully quite likeable in season 7 - and is noted for her opening scenes literally being POST-FACELIFT DRINKING SOUP THROUGH A STRAW :D Bandages and ALL :D
source.gif

I DO NOT KNOW what happened with Siggy between season 7 and 8, but she rocked up a COMPLETELY different person.

tumblr_oxvvd2SMqZ1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

It's been well documented in this thread that I have a penchant for the slightly more UNHINGED genre of Housewife - the Oceania FERAL FOUR of Lisa Oldfield, Athena X, Angela Stone and Pettifleur have been spoken about already as part of the countdown (Pettifleur ASIDE :eyes:), and New York's legendary tormentor Aviva Drescher also slides in as one of the early entries.

I GUESS you could categorise season 8 Siggy under the banner of UNHINGED HOUSEWIFE, but with a distinct difference to those mentioned above - she's not entertaining in the slightest.

New York's own Kelly Bensimon was also rather unhinged, and incredibly dislikable, but its undeniable that she helped make some legendary TV - Scary Island and the ridiculous season 2 Bethenny feud/reunion at the VERY LEAST. By contrast, Siggy seems quite CONSCIENTIOUSLY UNHINGED.

I would use Kelly Bensimon as the Housewife closest to compare Siggy to in terms of personality, but Kelly's mania seemed to stem from some sort of prescription drug or mental health issue. I don't think Siggy was on either drugs OR had notable mental health issues - I think her season 8 persona is entirely calculated and performative, and designed to orchestrate storylines and drama around Siggy on the show. In my opinion persona COMPLETELY falls flat, and rather than make her a mysterious and engaging character it makes me want to SMASH MY SCREEN IN!

Siggy starts season 8 by making up some ridiculous BORING ASS drama about Melissa and Teresa smashing up a cake that Siggy bought for Melissa's birthday.
tumblr_oxvvhqZgSi1ql5yr7o1_500.gifv

It's really dumb and hardly worth talking about, but it goes ON AND ON for about 6 episodes to the point where absolutely NOBODY in the cast cares about this stupid cake drama. It's such an obviously fake storyline it just makes me roll my eyes, and really sets the tone for her run through the season.

Siggy ALSO sets her sights on a feud with new cast addition Margaret AKA BIG MARGE with the pigtails.
tumblr_oxvv28xynX1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Marge is a little bit QuiRkY for my tastes, but was an instant fan fave, an undeniable MUCH NEEDED New Jersey cast member, and absolutely helped bring about the reset the show has seen in recent years.

Siggy decides STRAIGHT AWAY that Marge is her enemy for WHATEVER REASON. It's such a bizarre one-sided feud, even Marge herself seems completely unaware as to what it's all about most of the time.

tumblr_oy2410Zzpx1vrjwbvo2_500.gifv

It's different to say Angela/Gilda in Auckland, as there Gilda just DIDN'T CARE - Siggy/Marge is Marge being completely unaware of having even done anything wrong (aside from call her SOGGY FLICKER) and having this lunatic woman ranting at her all season long.

tumblr_oxqpxzwKzm1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

It rumbles ON AND ON and eventually results in Siggy accusing Marge of being ANTI SEMITIC (Marge isn't anti semetic, I think even Siggy's DAD agreed). It's just weird, uncomfortable and has a distinct feeling of being COMPLETELY FABRICATED for CAMERA TIME - which is something I hate more than anything in a Housewife.

tumblr_oxqq36oDeG1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Siggy's time on the show ended with a HORRIBLE puffy-faced turn at the reunion that was extremely tense between her and Marge (with multiple SPLIT SCREEN moments) and had Siggy ranting on about a lobby or something. IDK she is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL, and I'm glad she was fired swiftly afterwards.
I've seen quite a lot of discussion online about WHAT WAS WRONG WITH SIGGY, and I honestly think: NOT MUCH. She was consciously trying to create drama and pull focus on camera, to incredibly transparent and often BORING results.

Since Housewives she's come out as a massive Trump supporter, and is generally horrific on social media. Don't even bother looking at her profiles, she's a HUMAN TURD!

giphy.gif

Siggy Flicker, a legend in her own mind only. NEXT!

Phew for a second I thought Siggy was in the most liked housewives list and I was ready to burn shit.

I think she’s my least favorite housewife of all time, screechy, loud and unhinged but with zero entertainment.

Phew for a second I thought Siggy was in the most liked housewives list and I was ready to burn shit.

I think she’s my least favorite housewife of all time, screechy, loud and unhinged but with zero entertainment.

Yep I struggle to think of one I hate as much as Siggy. Even somebody BORING like Cindy Barshop helped enable some fun coat-hanger/photo cut-out drama. I found NOTHING about Siggy entertaining.

This list is quite light on the Beverly Hills ladies so far. That is a good sign :D

Outside of season 1&2, and maybe season 5 I'm not REALLY a Beverley Hills queen.

I do watch it, but there's not many women in the cast I've CONNECTED WITH on an emotional level. I will not reveal at this EARLY STAGE if there are more BH ladies to come in this countdown :eyes: but don't expect a RINNA WIN any time soon.

Hitting the nail on the head with Siggy in season 8 - the whole thing was utterly performative. But unfortunately she over-egged the act to the point where it was overwhelming. The volume of her voice, the overshadowing of the actual interesting storylines going on in that series, and the complete bewilderment of all of her castmates.

And a fraction of it might have been believable were it not for the fact that we saw a very different, and actually quite entertaining Siggy in season 7.

Possibly the worst case in Housewives history of a housewife trying to produce a character and completely falling flat on her face - amongst the debris of an apparently very expensive cake.

Hitting the nail on the head with Siggy in season 8 - the whole thing was utterly performative. But unfortunately she over-egged the act to the point where it was overwhelming. The volume of her voice, the overshadowing of the actual interesting storylines going on in that series, and the complete bewilderment of all of her castmates.

And a fraction of it might have been believable were it not for the fact that we saw a very different, and actually quite entertaining Siggy in season 7.

Possibly the worst case in Housewives history of a housewife trying to produce a character and completely falling flat on her face - amongst the debris of an apparently very expensive cake.

BEAUTIFULLY put as ever :disco:

AUCKLAND QUEENS! Auckland is COMING BACK for a one hour special! :D

https://tbivision.com/2020/11/05/bravo-nz-reunites-real-housewives-of-auckland-for-one-off-special/

Bravo New Zealand has ordered Get Housewived, a one-hour special reuniting the original cast members of reality series The Real Housewives Of Auckland.

Developed by NBCUniversal International Studios’ Matchbox Pictures, Get Housewived is a spin-off from the Real Housewives franchise, which is licensed by NBCUniversal Formats for international adaptation.

NBCUniversal Global Distribution handles the licensing of The Real Housewives franchise and will manage the distribution of Get Housewived outside of New Zealand.

The original The Real Housewives Of Auckland aired for a single 10-episode season on Bravo in 2016 and was itself a spin-off from The Real Housewives Of Melbourne. The series followed the professional and personal lives of a group of women in Auckland, New Zealand.

The one-off instalment is co-produced by Matchbox Pictures and Workparty NZ, with filming currently underway and the special due to premiere on Bravo later this year. It will see the luxury-loving ladies return to put their collective knowledge of all things glitzy and glamorous to good use, by creating an unforgettable experience for one lucky family.

Executive producers are Dan Munday for Matchbox Pictures and Hayley Cunningham for Workparty NZ.

“We are thrilled to be able to bring local production back to Bravo New Zealand, which is now the fastest growing FTA channel in NZ this year,” said Chris Taylor, Bravo New Zealand executive chairman and MD, NBCUniversal International Networks and Television Distribution ANZ. “We hope our NZ audiences enjoy this feel-good special featuring some of their favorite Housewives Of Auckland.”

Alastair McKinnon, Matchbox Pictures MD, added, “It is such a genius idea to have our fabulous Real Housewives Of Auckland reunite to bring some much-needed glitz and glamour to the lives of others. What could possibly go wrong?”

I DO hope this leads to a season 2, and that Julia is not involved (but Angela Stone IS :disco:)

Brilliant news that it's been resurrected in some format, but WTF at said format. It sounds like it's going to be some sort of Queer Eye?

We don't care about "one lucky family", we just want the women brought together for gossip sesh.

Apologies for ABANDONING this thread, sometimes WORK AND REAL LIFE leaves the brain not a lot of time to think about highly important countdowns about a bunch of awful women I've never met :eyes:

It is HEARTENING to see that Gilda has been such a SMASH HIT with at least 2 gays, as we venture back to New Zealand for the next one...

18: Angela Stone - Real Housewives of Auckland
angela.gif

1481960724657.jpg

Unfortunately there are NOT MANY GIFs available online of this one, but don't let that put you off exploring the charms of New Zealand's busiest woman :disco:

You MAY have noticed from this countdown already that I quite enjoy the rather more BIZARRE characters of the Housewives universe, and it's a genre of Housewives the Oceania region particularly excels in. Regular readers MAY RECALL we previously met the jaw-droppingly bonkers Athena X and Lisa Oldfield from Sydney, now meet their spiritual sister and one of my favourite Housewife panto villains ANGELA STONE!

tumblr_of3k8f0tcs1s55rl4o2_500.gif

Angela is seemingly a JACK OF MANY TRADES, yet master of none:
- She is an author/fashion stylist/fashion designer/model/actress/property developer/SHE'S A BRAND! etc. etc. You name it, Angela has PROBABLY done it. Yet despite of these ILLUSTRIOUS INDUSTRIES that she is apparently involved it, she often has very little to show for it on the show.
- I don't think you get to see inside Angela's house on the show - and if you do it's a completely EMPTY white box (a telltale sign of a RENTED SHOW-HOME on Housewives - see also Melissa the pot plant in Sydney, and the lunatic game night-hosting 25,000 dollar sunglasses woman in Beverley Hills season 2).
- Angela also has a "boyfriend" that you never get to meet on the show, yet she calls frequently - often to (from what we can hear) the borderline IRRITABILITY of the man on the end of the phone, who seems somewhat confused as to who the hell she is.
- Angela ALSO goes "shopping" for a VERY EXPENSIVE HOUSE on the show, yet shows little desire to actually buy it - AGAIN another Housewives telltale sign that they are performing for the cameras. Anybody can view an expensive House, it doesn't mean you are going to purchase it (see also: cash bar Candiace on Potomac).

WHAT I'M GETTING AT is basically: it's quite possible that Angela is somewhat a FRAUD! A phony! A liar! :shock:
This is nothing unusual for Housewives, LET'S BE HONEST, but what makes Angela so entertaining (and occasionally endearing) is the GREAT LENGTHS she will go to to keep up the pretence. And never forget Gilda fans: HOLY MOSES Angela is not fake! She's about to release a book called "How To Be Real" :D

box=615x0

Whilst it may take the viewer a few moments to TWIG on all of the above, the other women smell a RAT from the second Angela appears on screen, and basically stand on her neck throughout the entirety of the show's 10 episodes. The first episode of Auckland is a total ride, and within seconds of Angela being on screen they declare her to be "a big unit", look absolutely BEMUSED AND BAFFLED as Angela hands them all her "style guide" (that nobody asked to receive) before she even says hello, and tear apart her fabled modelling career enquiring whether it was of the "plus sized" variety.

MEAN yes, but she kind of brings it on herself. It leads to a completely unnecessary meltdown during dinner, a grudge that is held throughout the show, and Angela visiting her "holistic therapist" in episode 2 to quite literally have the hypothetical DAGGERS pulled out of her back - in one of the most bizarre scenes Housewives has ever gifted us :D How I wish there was more Angela on youtube.

To help with her phantom INCREDIBLY BUSY LIFE, Angela entrusts the help of her poor downtrodden French PA, named LEA :D
1473390259007.jpg

OH MY GOD POOR LEA! Lea's "job" as a PA seems to have an MIND-BOGGLING list of responsibilities, none of which seem to involve doing anything to do with Angela's allegedly BUSTLING career in fashion, but do involve driving her around (and CRASHING her car), fetching her coffee, attending social events with Angela (but not being allowed to speak to anybody) and being taken on the cast trip and being locked in Angela's villa with a load of IRONING to do, and a bunch of VERY IMPORTANT EMAILS to reply to :D

The scenes with Lea are something else. It's like watching a comedy sketch (complete with comedy French music underlaid whenever Lea is on screen).
At one point Lea gets STUCK IN AN ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY LIFT between floors at the very expensive House Angela is viewing (to not buy), and in another scene one of the other wives The Champagne Lady (who speaks French) genuinely asks Lea if she's ok, and if Angela treats her like a slave whilst Angela pops off to the potty room. A very strange, but tbh hilarious comedy of errors and human indecency.

The women themselves all hate Angela. She's wide-eyed and annoying. She's thirsty for camera time, and has a HATE BONER for Gilda who couldn't give less of a shit.
Another CLASSIC ANGELA SCENE is when she has a book launch for her noted tome 'HOW TO BE REAL' that two of the other FIVE Housewives don't turn up to, and two others spend the entire time talking about HOW BORED THEY ARE, and how much they hate Angela :D The highlight of the launch is when Angela keeps them in a room for HOURS to then open the doors to ANOTHER room that looks exactly the same...and nothing happens. :bruised:

Anyway, enough Angela - for footage here's potato quality the Gilda highlights video again that has the iconic 'NOT A FUCKING THING" fight, and HOLY MOSES, I'M NOT FAKE!

There's also this BONKERS footage of Angela on NZ breakfast TV giving her style tips for TRUE ANGELA STANS, which is oddly mesmerising.

I will say, I don't think Angela was a bad person - I think she was just handed an opportunity to be on TV and tried to present herself as what she thought the public wanted her to be. Sadly for her it was incredibly transparently false :D Last time I checked she was trying to flog HERBALIFE on instagram :bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised:

And that concludes the Housewives from Auckland, with Angela as my TOP PERFORMER. I did also consider NZ's answer to Anne Robinson LOUISE in the lower-echelons of this countdown, but that would be too much Auckland even for me. But please, just watch this show if you haven't already. NEXT!

My fave YouTube channel STRIKES AGAIN! :disco:

Featuring the knives being PULLED OUT of Angela's back and some Lea the French assistant :D
I do think this is a bit SHORT however. SO MUCH DELUDED ANGELA is not featured.

We are BACK BACK BACK AGAIN queens, I'm going to try not to get bogged down with specifics too much with THIS PAIRING as I'd really be here FOREVER! :eyes:

14: Kim Zolciak Biermann AND Nene Leakes - The Real Housewives of Atlanta
giphy.gif

digital-drama-promote.jpg

So a COMBINED PAIRING to two of the franchise's BIGGEST and most notable characters.
Controversial perhaps, but HEAR ME OUT: this gruesome twosome will be FOREVER ENTWINED whether they like it or not, and the parallels between the two AND their falls from grace are really quite something.

Nene and Kim just have pure CHEMISTRY. Whether friends or foe, they really have something special when together on screen - and they were ABSOLUTELY the reason why Atlanta quickly became a smash hit, and is seen by many as the gold standard for reality TV.

To be honest, this recap video will explain the long looonnnng history and hilarity of Nene and Kim MUCH BETTER than anything I can write, so DO WATCH if unfamiliar, as this entry is more of a SKIM :D

AND THIS ONE!

I'll start with Kim first (as I don't actually LIKE Nene all that much lol).
giphy.gif

Perhaps controversially, I honestly believe Kim UP UNTIL THE VERY MOMENT she met Kroy (which you actually SEE HAPPEN on screen at Shéreé's noted Dancing With The Stars: Atlanta PERFORMANCE) was one of the greatest Housewives of all time.

Early Kim was a TV producer's dream. Eccentric, deluded, lazy, DRUNK, possibly a prostitute, not to mention THE WIGS...Kim really had it all, and it was mostly hysterical to watch.

7lF8.gif

Kim went from being best friends, then feuding with Nene, to an UTTERLY MISGUIDED but hysterical foray as a popstar during the early seasons.

giphy.gif

I actually first became aware of Housewives FULL STOP due to hearing Tardy For The Party on gossip blogs WAY BACK WHEN, and it seemed to go on to become some sort of INTERNET SMASH whilst the show was airing in the States.

This stunning reunion performance instantly went down to Housewives history, NOT TO MENTION how the women react to it afterwards :D

WHO COULD FORGET Kim's BEAUTIFUL follow up 'The Ring Didn't Mean A Thing', and subsequent DOOMED USA club tour with Kandi - the footage of which in season 3 (?) of Atalanta is absolutely hysterical and REALLY deserves to be recut as a standalone show one day.

WHERE DID IT GO WRONG?
Kim fell in love. As SOON as she met Kroy, OLD KIM went straight out the window and was replaced with a bizarrely co-dependent, reluctant-to-leave-the-house NEW Kim.
Her personality changed COMPLETELY, and all of her scenes suddenly felt like backdoor-pilots for her noted 8 SEASON LONG family-focused solo show "Don't Be Tardy". Kim literally gets up and LEAVES THE SHOW mid-group scene in season 5, and it's clear by that point her ego has truly outgrown whoever the woman that was originally cast WAS.

giphy.gif

Nene needs no introduction really. Absolutely one of the most notable stars of the show, Nene is the QUEEN of the internet gif, and is endlessly quotable. She's probably permeated pop culture the most out of ANY Housewife.

giphy.gif

I've always struggled with Nene a bit as a Housewife.
Whilst she can obviously be VERY FUNNY, I never got a lot of WARMTH from her - and most of her storylines aside from her Kim scenes generally smelt FAKE to me (is NeNe getting divorced or not zzzz, Nene doing a fake slot on local news zzzz). She's better as a talking head narrator and irritant to the other women than she is as a SOLO STAR to me.

tenor.gif

Nene also quite rapidly starts to get a VERY BIG HEAD as her notoriety as a TALKING HEAD grew. By the time season 4 of the show rolled around, Nene was already very thin on allies in the cast and seemingly reluctant to CHIP IN with group scenes in the same way that she used to.

giphy.gif

Nene had a BREAK for the wonderful season 9, and then returned to continue to tread water until she was recently EVENTUALLY fired from the show for bad attitude and not BRINGING ENOUGH.

Can I just say, Nene is the world's BIGGEST MORON for this. She's on one of the biggest reality shows in the USA, with a hugely inflated paycheque, and gets fired from this frankly EASY OPPORTUNITY because she CAN'T BE ARSED :D All the public ever want to see is Nene being the hilarious Nene from the early seasons. If she had bothered to bring it even HALF as much in her more recent seasons ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN.

af5559b5bdbaeb4e1969d5e9312e4f36.gif

Season 6 Atlanta alumni Claudia Jordan really said it ALL in this FLITH DRAG SCALPING of a Nene read, where she really mentioned it ALL - and frankly WHERE IS THE LIE!
This is SO LONG, but basically all my thoughts on Nene SUMMED UP:

claudia-jordan-nene-2.jpg

claudia-jordan-nene-3.jpg

Anyway, back to Nene and Kim. They briefly did manage to reprise their noted chemistry in a LEGENDARY episode - the season 10 reunion. Kim had been a friend of on this season, and was clearly literally DRAGGED OUT for an episode of the reunion due to her contract, and is basically PULLED APART by the other women - especially Nene. It's an AMAZING episode, and well worth a watch whether you've seen the season or not.

So where are they now? Kim lingers on in reality TV hell, with Don't Be Tardy seemingly JUST MANAGING to escape the axe every single year despite nobody apparently WATCHING IT! and Nene has just started her own YouTube channel. I'm SURE that will bring the coins in :eyes:

FINALLY, This HOUSEWIVES ESSENTIAL didn't actually HAPPEN on the show. It was on WWHL, and is essentially Nene and Kim arguing over and over ad infintium. It's an AMAZING WATCH, and you could really imagine this carrying on FOREVER. Highly recommended to the uninitiated:

I guess all that's left to say is (although there really is SO MUCH MORE I COULD SAY about these two):
giphy.gif

NEXT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom