Mystery Jeremy Kyle Guest AND The Jeremy Kyle Show DEAD

I don’t think it’s necessarily about ascribing “blame” in relation to either Jeremy Kyle or Love Island.

It feels a bit grim to start discussing causes and motivations for suicide - but of course if Love Island played a part in Sophie’s death and that then played a part in her partner’s death, it can’t be discounted as a factor - even indirectly. That doesn’t place blame or accountability with Love Island - just recognises that it had a place in both their lives and thus it affected them in some way.

I suppose it’s a wider look at what it is about these shows that people experience as a result. I don’t honestly think there is a finite number of outcomes - and few we’ll have insight into anyway. Who knows what it is about Jeremy Kyle that might have been a factor in one person out of thousands committing suicide.

I don’t think we can indefinitely hold anyone to blame for someone’s independent actions. But sure, we should look at due care and what these shows are learning and changing as a result.

And in the case of Jeremy Kyle, maybe it will make companies more aware of exploiting angst and distress, minimising it as something to mock and laugh at and then sending people back on their way. It shouldn’t have taken a suicide for people to realise that isn’t great, even just on a fundamentally human level.

As Sophie had a cocktail of drugs in her system at the time of her hanging, then I would be more inclined to think it was possibly that which impaired her judgement? I agree a million percent that the majority of people who enter these shows go on to make a quick buck and try and gain notoriety, but I would say that all this questions more on society as a whole rather than the production team who create these shows. People WANT to watch it. As long as that thirst is there we will not get rid of any of these television shows.

The immediacy and proximity of social media is certainly an issue.

D6l2Ay-WsAAAPSM.jpg

*boggles*

Oh NO :zombie:

And I was just about to say that he’s looking quite tasty with his lovely spectacles :tongueout:

I’m quite impressed (and strangely excited) that ITV have removed all the YouTube clips of this hateful load of monstrous old shit (which I did sometimes find myself watching and sort of enjoying, mainly because I’m not all that keen on conflict but quite like watching other people having a horrifying scrap).

It’s like it NEVER WAS! :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom