Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Counting Down the Days
That Day
Beauty on the Fire
Satisfied
Torn
Big Mistake
Shiver
Wrong Impression
Want
Glorious :shy:

Yes, I think we are going to get a classic authentic Natalie on the next album, I think her being pregnant is just going to make those CDTD/Shiver type songs even better

In the meanwile, I loved this Male cover from her

Fiona Bevan (1D, Shane Filan, Mika) is certainly... a choice.

But yes, her 'Friday' cover is an utter joy! If only the rest of the album had an iota of that unselfconscious energy.

Friday I'm In Love and Instant Crush were the only keepers from Male for me, but I adore them both.

Yes, Instant Crush is a keeper - it's made it on to my NAT IMB Spotify playlist!

Has anyone got any good album tracks that are as good as the singles to recommend? I know all the ones from Left of the Middle..

Has anyone got any good album tracks that are as good as the singles to recommend? I know all the ones from Left of the Middle..

Come to Life: Fun & Lukas

Counting Down the Days: Come on Home, Satisfied, Honeycomb Child

White Lilies Island: Come September but the entire album is good.

I'm sure you'd love Troubled By the Way We Came Together.

Last edited:
Come to Life: Fun & Lukas

Counting Down the Days: Come on Home, Satisfied, Honeycomb Child

White Lilies Island: Come September but the entire album is good.

I'm sure you'd love Troubled By the Way We Came Together.

I'd add a specific shout out to Sunlight from White Lilies Island

I was listening to Left of the Middle the other day, and whilst its a CLASSIC in its own right, I couldn't help thinking how they were trying to make her like and sound like Alanis Morissette in the early days

I also think, if Wrong Impression was the first single from WLI it would have taken a more successful turn. I see what she/they were doing with That Day but oh what a misfire

I also think, if Wrong Impression was the first single from WLI it would have taken a more successful turn. I see what she/they were doing with That Day but oh what a misfire

Absolutely. Wrong Impression was so much more commercial. That Day is of course good but it's a bit niche and that is not what you want when you're following up a massive album.

Yeah, I still remember the build up and expectation of the follow up - I also remember That Day killing all of that

Come to Life is finally on Spotify. Want is such a great song, I had entirely forgotten how darkly delicious the production is. There's almost something a bit Pet Shop Boys about the driving beat and vocodered BVs.

(what was that artwork though?)

Want is one of my favourites! Very underrated (by the few people who even heard it). It's got this hollow dark sadness about it

It’s fab. i also love how she’s lazily reused lyrics from the also amazing “Be With You” which so so obviously been released over rubbishy “Glorious”

Come to Life is finally on Spotify. Want is such a great song, I had entirely forgotten how darkly delicious the production is. There's almost something a bit Pet Shop Boys about the driving beat and vocodered BVs.

(what was that artwork though?)

Yeah I managed to get Universal to put it online last month!

anyone else really looking forward to her new album?

Almost thought it would never happen, glad to see she's been recording in lockdown and probably has a load more emotional meaningful numbers now she's given birth and has more to say.

anyone else really looking forward to her new album?

Almost thought it would never happen, glad to see she's been recording in lockdown and probably has a load more emotional meaningful numbers now she's given birth and has more to say.
I’ve been assuming it will never see the light of day.

White Lilies Island remains her best work by far. Shame she fucked the whole project up by putting That Day out as first single. I love the song but a more familiar launch with Wrong Impression (which went top 10 when it came out) would have been savvier.

I kind of love her for going with That Day as the first single, but the rest of the world... not so much
She could have released it 2nd or 3rd and not lost 90% of the people who bought the previous album.

Oh definitely but I respect her for not giving a commercial fuck. Wrong Impression would have been a much more commercial choice without a doubt
I’d get that more if the rest of the album wasn’t in itself commercial.

I wonder if the success of Torn gave the false impression that she was a natural singles artist. I guess it must come down to marketing spend, but you'd get a lot of lower-tier album acts going 5-6 singles deep, none of which might chart higher than #27 but all of which kept the album floating around. Both White Lillies Island and Counting Down The Days felt like their campaigns were cut short far too early.

Beauty On The Fire should’ve been huge and Come September was definitely a ballad(ish) missed chance of a single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom