Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Harsh to compare her to a Swedish melfest star, they're virtually guaranteed a million for participation alone.

But yeah, I did notice Radio 2 haven't touched it yet. It's a bit more 'Glorious' than 'Shiver' for me TBH. Pleasant enough but nothing I'll keep going back to.
it fucking wishes it was a Glorious. that was a great song, even in her now retired timbre.

they chose the right single. Be With You is also great, but Glorious was so radio friendly and hooky. I was quite a stan during that GH era.

I don’t remember being that fussed about Glorious. And nearly a decade later, I still don’t know her.

Don't forget my Nat Imbrug playlist sync on Wednesday next week :disco:
Ooh nice coincidence :o

Screenshot_20210708-101522_Email.jpg

Glorious is just the wrong kind of bland, for me. I wish she'd gone a single or two deeper on Counting Down The Days. There were no more big hits on it but she was enough of a radio darling at the time that she probably could have pushed closer to Platinum even if the remaining singles had only just scraped the arse end of the top forty.

Yes, I never gave it any thought but yeah Satisfied would have been the next best single choice, you’re right. At the time, and still, I preferred Come On Home but that is essentially Natalie fronting Travis.

Yes, I never gave it any thought but yeah Satisfied would have been the next best single choice, you’re right. At the time, and still, I preferred Come On Home but that is essentially Natalie fronting Travis.
Oh Come On Home was the most WLI like song there so obviously loved it.

I love the idea of this rivalry :D

Though be careful, we all know what happened to the last woman who tried to outshine The Goddess of Success...

1625850319910.png

I wasn’t aware there was one planned (me not paying Nat full attention obviously) but yes I’ll listen along!

What time does the relistening start? I shall do my best. I normally have gym until at least 7:30pm on Thursdays you see. *clutches weights*

Hmm clip on her insta stories of a new song “Maybe it’s great” that is out tomorrow.
From what i’ve heard maybe it isn’t :(

my god. Maybe It's Great is not even good. that rough vocal note at end of the chorus. and the vanilla upbeat production. sis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom