Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Jark

User
She's confirmed via Facebook that she's signed with BMG and that an album is coming, which has been in gestation the last 18 months.

There's also a baby on the way :disco:

Last edited:
Yay! I'd been starting to fear we'd never see the day. Male never clicked with me so here's hoping this is her back on form

God I liked Male a lot but I’d forgotten ALL about it’s existence

Male did nothing for me. I liked Counting Down the Days at the time but I rarely go back to it. White Lilies Island remains my favourite but I do love the first album still.

Male was a good album to stick on when you’ve decided to open a bottle of red and stay in on a dark blustery autumn or wintry night.

It’s definitely time for some new songs though.

I don't get it. Has she been struggling to get pregnant? was she ever OPEN about it? Why is she addressing it as if its something everybody knew already. GOD BLESS

1 White Lilies Island
2 Left Of The Middle
3 Come To Life
4 Counting Down The Days
5 Male

I find something to enjoy in all of them. Beauty On The Fire is epic, how that didn’t become a big anthemic hit is beyond me.

Such good news she is pregnant AND a new album.

Her back catalogue is amazing, so many solid songs.

I didn't really listen to Male, but 'Friday I'm in Love' is a bit of a guilty pleasure

Top 15

01 Pigeons and the Crumbs
02 Counting Down the Days
03 Wrong Impression
04 Shiver
05 Intuition
06 Glorious
07 Smoke
08 Big Mistake
09 Instant Crush
10 Beauty on the Fire
11 Wishing I Was There
12 One More Addiction
13 Satellite
14 Torn
15 That Day

Last edited:
This is tremendous news even if it means she'll drop one single, put out the album without any promo, and then fuck off for a good eight years again.

I see she's been working with Eg White (Shiver), Gary Clark (WLI), some dude not Julian from The Strokes, and The Magic Numbers. Hope it all comes together into whatever a good Imbruglia album would sound like in 2019.

Top 10

1. Fun
2. That Day
3. Identify
4. Beauty on the Fire
5. Smoke
6. Torn
7. Want
8. Counting Down the Days
9. City
10. Butterflies

+ Shiver in there somewhere

Last edited:
This is tremendous news even if it means she'll drop one single, put out the album without any promo, and then fuck off for a good eight years again.

I see she's been working with Eg White (Shiver), Gary Clark (WLI), some dude not Julian from The Strokes, and The Magic Numbers. Hope it all comes together into whatever a good Imbruglia album would sound like in 2019.

That sounds good and the chances of an actual album campaign have to be greater with her at BMG.

She really has so many gems

1. That Day
2. Torn
3. Smoke
4. Come September
5. Lukas
6. Wrong Impression
7. Instant Crush
8. Beauty on the Fire
9. Identify
10. Want

Why haven't we had Glorious Ii: The Singles 08-18 yet?

Reactions: SDF
Oh, I'm always up for a bit of Imbruglia, I don't think a single album has left me wanting. Even "Male", which I initially avoided, turned out to be pretty decent, though not much more than a diversion.

Natalie Top 10:

1. Wrong Impression
2. Beauty On The Fire
3. Counting Down The Days
4. Honeycomb Child
5. Shiver
6. Want
7. Torn
8. Pineapple Head
9. Troubled By The Way We Came Together
10. Satellite

She does write a very good lyric and has good taste indeed in co-writers. "I WANT you, but I WANT you to UNDERSTAND"

Bonus marks for launching Jeremy Sheffield into the non-ballet-watching world :disco:

Want and its parent album not being on Spotify is criminal

Glorious remains amazing.

I see the usual comment from some quarters about her having a baby 'at that age'.

Clearly it's only male pop stars who are fine to become parents in their 60s and beyond.

I might need to dig out my IPOD i need to reacquaint myself with her fab b sides

My Natalie top 10 in no particular order

One More Addiction
Want
Sunlight
Smoke
Impressed
Beauty on the Fire
Come September
Big Mistake
Wrong Impression
Torn

Honourable mentions to Talk In Tongues and Satisfied.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom