Natalie Imbruglia - double pregnant and now birthing adult album Firebird - new TIMBRE + bright & breezy

Maybe it’s quite good.

I like the sorta Belinda Carlislesque na na nas in the chorus.
Sure i’ll be looning after a couple more listens

I like Maybe It’s Great, it’s better than the first single so I guess she built this one better. I think it would benefit from a bit of a harder, spikier production akin to some early Blondie.

'Cause I believe in miracles
But face-to-face the two of us don’t have a clue
And I've been wondering if I can ever top the feeling
That I have with you

Maybe it's great when you've got something to lose

Maybe it’s quite good.

I like the sorta Belinda Carlislesque na na nas in the chorus.
Sure i’ll be looning after a couple more listens

Those backing vocals are totally Belinda. I quite like the power pop vibe, even if on first listen it could feel a bit fuller.

She’s on the SEB podcast this week. Haven’t listened yet but she’ll probably just be wanging on about her kids rather than trading stories about releasing albums for an increasingly small fanbase of gay men. :(

Let’s hope it’s a riveting as the one with Louise power-washing her patio!

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
It is a bit of a WEIRD MOVE from the Et. Just sounds like a remix of Nat’s song.

Oh I heard her new song on the radio yesterday. It's easily her best song since 'Torn'.

paris hilton ok GIF by RealityTVGIFs

New single…

New single…well the cover art is nice

New single…

New single…well the cover art is nice

Well I summoned the strength to get Alexa to stop playing Build It Better on a loop after 2 months to listen to this. It’s alright, a bit polite and pleasant. I know having been happily double pregnant may have softened her a bit but I do like a bit more edge. Maybe It’s Great has been the best so far.

WHAT HAPPENED to the Natalie who made Want? gimme something with a PULSE sis!

To be fair, she went into depression after the record company didn't release the ALBAM properly, so I don't blame her for stearing away from that :D

I really like the first two tracks, will give this new one a listen later.

‘On My Way’ gets a video. If it’s as rewatchable as it is relistenable then I fear for our free time. This has grown on me (a little) though I’d still like a little more ooomph. The guitar sound has been pretty much directly nicked from the Pretenders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom